Location: Guisachan Branch, Kelowna, BC
The Senior Personal Banking Officer is responsible for providing total retail lending services to the members by building relationships, proactively soliciting business, and cross-selling products and services while providing efficient and courteous member service. Responsibilities also include supervision, in-branch training, motivation, and coaching of the Personal Banking Officer I and Personal Banking Office.
- Performs a variety of retail credit activities including conducting interviews, granting, pricing, analyzing, security, reporting requirements, credit advances, renewals, and collections in accordance with established loan policies, procedures, and authorization limits.
- Manages employee performance by providing in-branch training, setting goals, appraising performance, providing regular feedback, reinforcing positive behaviours, and identifying and correcting problems.
- Co-ordinates the referral of members for specialized services such as financial planning and mutual funds or insurance. Opens accounts and identifies cross-selling opportunities for other products and services and provides financial information to members.
- This position may be required to provide back-up coverage for the Personal Banking Manager or Branch Manager.
- This position may generate a higher volume of business and hold higher credit granting limits than the private Banking Officer I or Personal Banking Officer.
- Identifies and develops sales and service opportunities with potential new clients/members. Enhances valued relationships with existing clients/members utilizing Customer Relationship Management techniques and technology.
- Maintains established procedures with respect to confidentiality, negotiable items, cash transactions, equipment and surroundings to meet safety, legal and procedural requirements.
- Maintains a professional standard of conduct at all times while promoting a positive image of the Credit Union.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Education: Secondary School Diploma (Required)
- Education: Post Secondary Diploma or Certificate (Preferred)
- Education: Completed Canadian Investment Funds Course or Canadian Security Course or have been previously Mutual Funds Dealer Association licensed within the past 36 months.
- Education: AMP – Accredited Mortgage Professional (Preferred)
- Other Business Related Courses (Preferred)
- 4 – 6 years experience
Qualified applicants are invited to apply at careers.valleyfirst.com.
We thank all applicants for their interest in Valley First; however, only short listed candidates will be contacted.
Indeed - 14 months ago
From humble beginnings more than 60 years ago, Valley First has grown into a strong, innovative and vibrant organization with a pre-eminent...