Location: Penticton Regional Office or Langley Regional Office
The Corporate Credit Risk Officer is responsible for performing a variety of duties including the development and administration of various credit processes and procedures. Such activities will include coordinating the delivery of services to the regions including third party services and products developed and managed at the corporate level. The incumbent will coordinate and consolidate the credit reporting from all lines of business and format reporting to the Management Credit Committee, Investment and Lending Committee and the Conduct Review and Governance Committee. This position will regularly liaise with both the regional credit and sales teams to ensure a cohesive, pleasurable member experience is delivered by First West regions. The incumbent is to provide direction to regional credit offices on reporting, credit submissions and proposed policy changes and processes. In conjunction with the entire credit risk team, the incumbent will work proactively with Finance, Risk, Security and Operations departments to instill a sound credit risk mindset within the organization
- Maintains a professional standard of conduct at all times while promoting a positive image of the organization.
- Maintains compliance with all credit risk and adjudication management requirements and all other internal policies.
- Provides primary initial contact point between regional credit offices and the corporate credit office
- Provides support to credit change management as it relates to strengthening the credit risk and governance, and policies across regions
- Creates consolidated reporting for executive, committees and the board
- Contributes to development opportunities to optimize credit risk where opportunity exists improve member experience and/or bottom line performance
- Develops strong relationships with regional credit offices within the FW partnership
- Develops strong relationships that enable effective partnering with non-credit teams
- Provides back-up to the Senior Manager, Corporate Credit
- Uses LEAN philosophy and techniques to lead continuous improvement culture in all dealings
- Promotes the organization within the community by participating in community service clubs and supporting community events.
- Manages corporate credit blog and social media communication
- Manages contacts for all third party suppliers regarding credit /lending functions.
- Develops and manages cross regional quality assurance spot check tests and provides regular reporting to corporate credit management
- Provides assistance to the corporate credit office team on an ongoing basis with the administration of meetings, conference bookings and partnership integration.
- Liaises with other First West Credit Union regions as required for any joint initiatives and/or to coordinate similar process initiatives.
- Coordinates activities, reporting, processes related to lending that are initiated by our regulator
ATTRIBUTES & SKILLS
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work well in a team environment amidst rapidly changing priorities
- Demonstrated organizational, planning and communication skills
- Creative and strategic thinking with an ability to both develop strategies and translate them into actionable plans
- Responsive to the needs of stakeholders supported by an acute awareness of the impact of actions
- Ability to bring sound business judgment to decisions and evaluations
- Strong partnership, networking and influencing skills
- Ability to coach and mentor team members to reach their full potential, to strive for continuous improvement; promote accountability for results.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Completion of a business degree, or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Minimum 5 years of progressive experience in a financial institution with at least 2 years in a credit department role and /or commercial banking experience
- LEAN Green/Black belt certification is considered an asset
- Demonstrated understanding at the strategic level
- Completion of the Commercial Lenders course is an asset
- Past experience in managing third party suppliers an asset
Qualified applicants are invited to apply at careers.valleyfirst.com.
We thank all applicants for their interest in First West; however, only short listed candidates will be contacted.
Indeed - 6 months ago
From humble beginnings more than 60 years ago, Valley First has grown into a strong, innovative and vibrant organization with a pre-eminent...