As an integral part of the branch sales and service team, the personal banking representative is responsible for providing members and clients with solutions to their financial needs by providing a full range of deposit and investment products, cash related transactions, proactively soliciting business and cross-selling or referring products as appropriate. The incumbent of this position exhibits a high commitment to member/client loyalty by promoting the concept of relationship building.
- Delivers superior member/client services by processing and balancing a full range of member-related deposit and investment products including, cash related transactions, opening and closing accounts, RRSP, RIFs, estates, term deposits utility payments, traveler’s cheques, foreign exchange and Service Check. Processes and handles the administration of estates and Merchant MasterCard.
- Greets members/clients, analyzes their needs and assists members to utilize the product or service which best meets those needs.
- Initiates telephone contact with members to proactively solicit business.
- Being a branch leader in sales, proactively participates in the sales and service culture by fostering relationship building and soliciting new business through identifying additional member needs, booking and conducting Service Check appointments, referrals, telephone calls, and other techniques to retain and generate additional business for the credit union.
- Provides back-up support to the senior service representative.
- Refers more complex investment and lending requests to the investment associate, financial planner, personal banking officer and other branch staff.
- Tracks progress of all sales and referral opportunities and updates member profiles
- Proactively assists in achieving branch objectives through both team and individual sales targets.
- Performs other administrative duties as assigned which may include ordering stationery, acting as a marketing and communiqué designate, attending meetings on behalf of the branch, leading in-branch campaigns, and distributing security bulletins.
- Identifies and develops sales and service opportunities with potential new clients/members. Enhances valued relationships with existing clients/members utilizing customer relationship management techniques and technology.
- Performs other duties including front line transactions as required.
- Completes activity planners on a monthly basis and reviews with the performance manager.
- Maintains established procedures with respect to confidentiality, negotiable items, equipment and surroundings to meet safety, legal and procedural requirements.
- Maintains a professional standard of conduct at all times while promoting a positive image of the Credit Union.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Education: Secondary School Diploma (Required)
- 1- 3 years experience
Qualified applicants are invited to apply on-line at careers.valleyfirst.com
We thank all applicants for their interest in Valley First; however, only short listed candidates will be contacted.
Indeed - 13 months ago