Located in Salmon Arm, British Columbia, Valid Manufacturing Ltd. has an immediate opening for a technically competent and results oriented individual for the position of Network Administrator.
- Maintaining a Windows 2008 SBS domain environment with approximately 10 other Windows 2000/2003/2008 servers
- Maintain and support MS Exchange 2008 mail server included with SBS 2008
- MS SQL Server maintenance and support for multiple databases
- Programming and maintenance support for Intuitive ERP system running MS SQL Server, Access, and .NET forms.
- Use WSUS to update client computer with newest Microsoft updates
- Configure backups and perform restores using AppAssure backup software using NAS while maintaining solid disaster recovery plan
- Web and application programming for widely used internal Intranet and Time Collection
- CAD Software support including SolidWorks and Trumpf CAD Controller software
- Provide hardware and software support for approximately 80 desktop and notebooks as well as provide support for mobile devices including smartphones and tablets
- Manage new user accounts and permissions using Active Directory services
- Telephone support of a Toshiba key system phone switch and voicemail
- Work with department heads on any new projects and/or problems that arise
- Perform in an environment with minimal direction to improve and develop the current IT resources to suit the business needs
Skills and Qualifications:
- Minimum College Diploma in related field of Information Technology
- Three to Five years of related working experience
- Experience administrating a Windows Domain environment, preferably 2008
- Experience maintaining and doing administration of MS Exchange 2008
- Experience administering SQL Server in a production environment
- Ability to program with VBA, VB.net, ASP, and SQL are required
- Good communication skills, a positive attitude and solid customer service skills essential
- Ability to manage multiple responsibilities, tasks and projects
- Proven trouble shooting skills
- Ability to work independently with minimal direction and in a team environment
Salmon Arm is a growing mid sized community in the heart of the Shuswap. With the Okanagan Valley only a short distance away, Salmon Arm offers an ideal location to settle and build on your career, Complementing this great location, Valid Manufacturing offers a competitive salary, benefits and pension plan in a dynamic work environment.
Should you meet the requirements, please include a cover letter along with your resume. We thank all those that apply, but please note that only those considered for an interview will be contacted.