Looking for a change? Would you like to live in the small Rocky Mountain village of Valemount, BC, where you know your neighbours and can enjoy nature and an abundance of outdoor pursuits? Do you want to tip your life/work balance towards "life"?
If so, keep reading...
The Valemount Hotel is seeking an experienced, energetic, visionary Hotel and Bar Manager to take this "diamond in the rough" to the next level. Our 14-room hotel has classic, old west charm. Our comfortable rooms are situated upstairs, while the Log and Rail bar is on the main floor - a traditional bar complete with a dance floor, pool tables and a stage. The potential for this business is huge, and the opportunity for growth is exciting. The successful candidate will be ready to roll up his or her sleeves and take this business to the next level, with energy, dedication, and the following skills and experience:
- Minimum grade 12 education
- Preference will be given to those with Bar/Hotel Management experience
- Experience in purchasing, inventory, retail sales, and bookkeeping
- Strong team leader, and also able to work alone with minimal supervision
- Excellent customer service and communication skills
- Knowledge about website design and management
- A proven track record in sales and marketing
- Basic computer skills and knowledge required
- Human Resource management experience an asset
- Knowledge about booking.com online reservation system an asset
- Certifications required: BC Lottery Operator, Serving it Right, Food Safe
If you have hotel and/or bar management experience, a positive attitude, are willing to take calculated risks, and can demonstrate that you are an "out of the box" thinker, then this job is perfect for you! Accommodations may be available.
Salary plus bonuses to be negotiated.
To apply, please send your resume and cover letter EXPLAINING WHY YOU WOULD LIKE TO RELOCATE TO VALEMOUNT, BC by Friday, May 17, 2013 to:
Peter Felmark, Owner
by email: mrhhotel(at)telus.net
or fax: 250-566-4164
Please, no drop-ins or phone calls. We appreciate your interest, but only short-listed candidates will be contacted. APPLICANTS MUST BE ELIGIBLE TO WORK IN CANADA.