Vale

Vale Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
the employies were great to work with
retired miner (Former Employee), Copper Cliff, ONJanuary 17, 2014
meet with crew at start of shift and discuss the days work. go over safety for previous day and present days work. See what other work was being done in other parts of the mine. The hardest part of the job was when equipment was broken and you had to wait for it to be repaired and the most enjoyable part was that you did the job safely and efficiently
Fast paced, Receptive to Change
Operations Technician - Commissioning Team (Current Employee), Long Harbour, NLAugust 12, 2013
Pros: potentially equal time on and off when plant is operational
Cons: poor salary structure
Plant is in the comissioning stage, therefore going through though changes with scope of work, which is dependant on construction completion.

A typical day will inclue reviewing and updating procedures, walking flow paths and reading and modifying P&ID's

Managment is dealing with changing deadlines pertaining to construction completion.

Good Crew Selected for the first hire of techs, based on attitude and apptitude test.

The potential for advancment and salary increase is the most discouraging with this company, and not being fully utilized to my potential.

The most enjoyable part is learning what it takes to commission a plant and the attention to detail that it requires.
Wonderful Workplace, Volatile Business
Chemical Analyst (Former Employee), Mississauga ONJuly 16, 2013
Vale Base Metals Technology Division in Mississauga WAS a fantastic place to work with wonderful people and a great atmosphere. Unfortunately, due to the ups and downs of the mining industry it is currently on a down.
Good Apprentice Pay
INDUSTRIAL ELECTRICIAN APPRENTICE (Former Employee), Greater Sudbury, ONFebruary 20, 2013
Good Apprentice Pay, Good Benefits, Good Co-workers, Industrial Environment, Dirty, Hazardous Locations, Good Mix of Work Assignments, Physically Demanding
Great people to work with
Forklift operator (Former Employee), Port Colborne,OntFebruary 18, 2013
Pros: had great co-workers
Cons: being on contract
Was in research department so we were always doing different projects. Had the opputunity to learn new things. Worked with different chemicals. Mixed,weighed and labelled for shipping. Management was great and all friendly.Co-workers were all helpfull and friendly. The hardest part of the job was saying good-bye. We were all on contract and all got laid off at the same time as we had no more funding for projects for the 2013 year. Was the best job i ever had learning and given the chance with really no experience at all working in a chemical refinery.
Very good to work for 30 years
Underground Miner (Former Employee), Thompson, MBFebruary 14, 2013
Pros: excellent co-workers
Cons: long hours
Excellent to work for
Good co-workers
Learned lots
Good Safety rules
This was a good company to work for and treated me well and I gave them my best in return
firstline supervisor (Former Employee), Greater Sudbury, ONOctober 30, 2012
Pros: excellent people to work with
Cons: i had no dislikes to my job. when the days got long and hectic it brought out the best in me
As a supervisor I was responsible to ensure taht all people were gainfully employed and that they were giving all imformation relevent to thger daily tasks that would allow them to safely perform their job. I was responsible to do daily audits to ensure that each person was working to standard and not putting his/hers or others safety at risk.Being a supervisor for so long has given me an excellent level of people and communication skills. I get along well with all levels of people and enjoy working hands on with them. This is probably why I remained a firstline supervisor for so long. I have an excellent ability to assess situations and react accordingly. The hardest part of my job was issuing discipline.When I had to I tried to always make it constructive and educational.
bad managment
Apprenticeship Electrical co-op (Former Employee), Greater Sudbury, ONSeptember 10, 2012
no organization for new employies, nothings organized

the co-workers were great
If You Like The Far North this is it
millwright (Former Employee), Thompson, MBApril 4, 2012
Pros: fishing
Cons: far away from the world
Had My best Millwrighting Job there working in the Pump Shop. Rebuilding and installing pumps in the Refinery. Was there 9 mons. and wish I could have stayed, but had to return to Ontario at the time. Guys were great to work with but management had some issues that they should work on. I focused on my job stayed out of that but it was sometimes a pain.