Vale

Vale Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
great place to work
development panel work (Former Employee), coppabellaOctober 12, 2014
good people to work for,good work culture and inforstructure,food and accomadation supplied
Ambitious but Not Talented
Instructional Designer (Former Employee), Ann Arbor, MISeptember 15, 2014
Pros: espresso machine, location
Cons: baffling management decisions
A group of relatively bright and well-meaning people started this company with a good idea but quickly got lost and in over their heads.
Engineer with experience in managing large assets
Predictive Supervisor and Reliability Engineering (Former Employee), São Luís, MaranhãoAugust 12, 2014
Pros: complex projects and autonomy
Cons: bad geographic location for management training and too great team
Engineer with experience in managing large assets in units of industrial and logistics business that had spent 4 years in leadership positions;

• Manager of predictive inspection of the largest iron ore port of Vale, leading the implementation of on-li monitoring having a estimate budget of R$ 14 million until 2017;
• Technical Manager of site reliability engineering, having experience with analytical tools like lean manufacturing, TPM, six sigma, system reliability, life and data analysis, and FMEA/FMECA;
• Coordinator for implementation board of SAP (One Vale Project) having a corporative cost of US$ 2 billion;
• Coordinator of maintenance management system, VPS (Vale Production System) at maintenance dimension with 8 awards of maintenance practices at loss treatment and failure prevention blocks in last 4 years;
• Experience on the development of maps of maintenance preventive stops , management of great maintenance stops with PMI methodology;
• Industrial development engineer responsible for the coordination all manufacturing process changings using CEP, FMEA and TRY OUT;
• Experience at releasing of new products acting like layout inspection engineer and manufacturing process optimization, clients and providers support. Consolidated experience using APQP, PPAP e MSA;
• Lead auditor of manufacturing process as coordinator of maintenance and accreditation auditioning for automotive industry specific regulations;
Very busy workplace with learning opportunities
Occupational Health and Safety Officer (Current Employee), Tete MozambiqueJuly 1, 2014
Pros: transport, accommodation, bonuses, life assurance and medical aid
A good working environment especially, good supervision and Management.
Clear procedures and fairness
Tiresome and achieved
IT Project Manager (Current Employee), Maputo, MozambiqueFebruary 6, 2014
Pros: flexible time
Cons: being chased and pushed by program manager to deliver
The day started with progress meetings and removing activities barriers e.g To obtain 1). Approval of proposed solution, 2). Approval of budget.

I learnt that emails to get approval doesn't work effectively. I got approvals by going to managers concern.

I managed waiting approval time by re-shuffling activities so that none dependencies activities were being action while waiting for approvals.

The most hardest part was to convince team leaders the change of activites of the day because we had no approvals to proceed from client.

Unplanned activites of the day were completed and partly planned activites of the day were also completed. We were ahead of planned time. This was achievement and enjoyable part of the day.
to operate and maintain tugboats in the best
Chief Engineer (Former Employee), Vitória, ESFebruary 4, 2014
Pros: working onboard
Cons: far from loved ones
to coordinate working day with the team
people like discuss
organization is important for having a productive day
care about people
risk
mission accomplished
A Multicultural Work Environment
Environmental Analyst (Current Employee), BlantyreNovember 13, 2013
Pros: free lunch and transport, performance based bonus, acknowledgement and praise when tasks are carried out in a timely manner
Cons: long hours, working in rough and hot terrain, company not solely open to new ideas
Employees are general close so a typical day at work is usually productive and fun, however since it is a Multicultural Environment there sometimes tends to be some office politics, though with that said it is a refreshing experience to learn different things for different cultures. I have learnt how to handle different situations as the arise. I am learning to speak portuguese since the company is a Brazilian company. I have learnt and improved how to better implement Environmental management systems. Most of my co workers are great to work with and i have learnt a lot from them, however sometimes there are some unnecessary issues related to race and background but i am pleased to say as we continue to work together this situation is continously improving. The hardest part of the Job is communication breakdown, we have some employees that do not understand English so it sometimes makes implementing things a bit difficult. Another challenge sometimes taking initiative and thinking outside the box can lead you into trouble. The company is set on its procedures that sometimes new ideas are not tolerated depending on the mangement. The most enjoyable part is I get to work at my own pace and have been trused with responsibilities therefore i hardly have my supervisers and mangers breathing down my neck. Another great thing about working here is that being a part of such a huge project of railway construction. For thesake project everybody comes together to help one another despite the challenges and conflicts and i think that is absolutely awesome. I enjoy the team work the most.
PRODUCTIVE AND FUN WORK PLACE
PROCESS Engineer (Current Employee), SOHAR OMANOctober 19, 2013
Pros: free transport and free lunches
Cons: nothing
VALE has very good reputation for employee welfare and safety.
Hard Work and Productivity
LUBE TECHNICIAN (Former Employee), Nouvelle CaledonieSeptember 4, 2013
Pros: benefit's and salary
Cons: culture's of other countries
Different work environment, Learned many things including cultures of different nations, their behavior at work and the climate. Hardest is coping in the attitude of my co-workers because of their different values at work and behavior. The enjoyable part is the salary is big
Good place to work and learn and you have a great work-life balance
Senior Procurement Analyst - Drilling Equipment (Current Employee), Rio de Janeiro, BrazilAugust 18, 2013
Pros: great bonus upto 6 salaries
Cons: some management decissions that need to be followed despite not agreeing totally
I work on getting our mining operations the equipment they need to operate. We are a small team of analysts responsible for getting the best commercial conditions for the right equipment considering also safety and quality. I start at 9 some days and 8 am three times a week, I rather start earlier because I believe I am more productive in the morning and then if I finish early I have more time for sports or some other activities.

My co-workers are nice and very professional people and so is my boss.

The hardest parts of my job and the most fun too is to negotiate with vendors, mainly when we have big differences in commercial and legal issues.
Worked with some very good people
Shift Undermanager (Former Employee), Vale do Paraíba, SPAugust 14, 2013
Worked as a Shift Undermanager
Development Superintendent
Outbye Superintendent
Was involved in some very challenging projects, had good support from people inside the buisness
Vale
Maintenance Electrician (Former Employee), SingletonApril 1, 2013
Pros: pay, lunch at end of day just prior to leaving work area & friendships
Cons: hours (sod), uncertainty of employment
Management was imbalanced, ie: good & bad.
production employees overall were good
3 days off, each week was good due to 10 hour days
Empresa dinâmica e com benefícios muito bons.
Secretaria (Former Employee), Mariana, MGJanuary 27, 2015
Pros: transparência
Cons: as vezes não ser valorizado pelo quanto se dedica.
Empresa que abre seus horizontes, ensina a lidar com o pessoal, profissional e com clientes em geral.
Existe prazer em trabalhar e o trabalho quando em equipe você aprende a lidar com as pessoas tanto boas quanto as contraditórias, você aprende a conhecer mais o ambiente e as pessoas.
Você é muito exigido por ser uma empresa de renome e por não poder ter falhas e nem acontecimentos desagradáveis, o funcionário tem que estar atento a tudo e a todos acontecimentos, sabendo contorna-los ou sair com eficiência dos assuntos.
A gerência exige por ser exigida, faz parte da empresa, as cobranças são constantes porque cobra-se para ter a excelência que é o marco e o cume de qualquer empresa que quer fazer o melhor.
Muito Boa
Operador de equipamentos (Former Employee), Itabirito, MGJanuary 23, 2015
Aprendi muito com todos os colegas ja trabalhei em duas areas. Condução de automotores e parte de segurança , distribuição de equipamentos, check list. A cobrança e a pressão por resultados dificultava um pouco o dia a dia, mas a comunicação e o respeito entre os colegas de trabalho superava isso além do bom humor ao lidar com as dificuldades.
EMPRESA DINAMICA
MECÃNICO INDUSTRIAL (Current Employee), Cubatão, SPJanuary 23, 2015
Pros: vale alimentação, transporte.
Cons: cursos de aperfeiçoamento
EMPRESA MUITO DINAMICA E DIVERSIFICADA, OBTIVE MUITO APRENDIZADO DURANTE ESSE TEMPO, NOVAS EXPERIENCIAS, MEUS COMPANHEIROS DE TRABALHO SÃO MUITO COMPROMETIDOS E TODOS SÃO COMPETENTES NA EXECUÇÃO DOS TRABALHOS
Excelente empresa.
Engenheiro Projeto Sênior. (Current Employee), Belo Horizonte, MGJanuary 23, 2015
Pros: reconhecimento financeiro de produtividade
Cons: politica de contenção de gastos e custos.
Empresa de alta performance, busca sempre excelência em sua gestão.
A competitividade faz parte da cultura da empresa "interno e externamente.
Excelente ambiente de trabalho e valorização dos funcionários.
Empresa fantástica
Atendente Internacional (Former Employee), Rio de Janeiro, RJJanuary 19, 2015
Pros: benefícios, salarios, participação nos lucros e valorização dos empregados
Um dia típico como Atendente Internacional seriam resoluções pelo telefone em diferentes língas, sobre dúvidas da cadeia de suprimentos e finanças. Auxílio também, em questões de recursos humanos para ex-patriados, tais quais documentações e benefícios.
Trabalhava com uma equipe de trabalho fantástica, nota 10 para os supervisores e gerentes do meu departamento.
Infelizmente devido à crise no cenário internacional, iniciada em 2008, a Vale teve que reduzir custos e em 2013 eu fui dispensada.
Empresa de grande porte com disponibilidade de crescimento.
Gerente de Tecnologia de Mineração (Former Employee), Araxá-MGJanuary 16, 2015
Pros: benefícios
Cons: burocracia
Empresa que tive oportunidade de iniciar com trainee e tive um crescimento rápido, chegando a cargo elevado em menos de 5 anos, sendo contribuido com um aprendizado técnico e gerencial. Ambiente competitivo, porém de uma rede de amizade enorme e amizades duradoras. Empresas de procedimentos sólidos, porém burocráticos e demorados, mas que mantém o pilar de sustentação e crescimento no mercado.
Empresa estável e agradável para se trabalhar
Estagiário em Engenharia de Automação (Former Employee), Araxá, MGJanuary 15, 2015
Pros: possibilidade de ascensão dentro da empresa e estabilidade.
Cons: salário
A Vale como uma das maiores empresas do Brasil proporciona aos seus colaboradores estabilidade e boas condições de trabalho, dando oportunidade aos funcionários de alavancarem suas carreiras dentro da própria empresa.
Empresa agradável de trabalhar
Auxiliar de produção (Former Employee), Carajás, PAJanuary 15, 2015
Operava equipamentos de usina na área de beneficiamento de minério de ferro.

About Vale

Vale S.A. is a Brazilian diversified mining multinational corporation and one of the largest logistics operators in Brazil.In – Read more