Vale

Vale Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Engineer with experience in managing large assets
Predictive Supervisor and Reliability Engineering (Former Employee), São Luís, MaranhãoAugust 12, 2014
Pros: complex projects and autonomy
Cons: bad geographic location for management training and too great team
Engineer with experience in managing large assets in units of industrial and logistics business that had spent 4 years in leadership positions;

• Manager of predictive inspection of the largest iron ore port of Vale, leading the implementation of on-li monitoring having a estimate budget of R$ 14 million until 2017;
• Technical Manager of site reliability – more... engineering, having experience with analytical tools like lean manufacturing, TPM, six sigma, system reliability, life and data analysis, and FMEA/FMECA;
• Coordinator for implementation board of SAP (One Vale Project) having a corporative cost of US$ 2 billion;
• Coordinator of maintenance management system, VPS (Vale Production System) at maintenance dimension with 8 awards of maintenance practices at loss treatment and failure prevention blocks in last 4 years;
• Experience on the development of maps of maintenance preventive stops , management of great maintenance stops with PMI methodology;
• Industrial development engineer responsible for the coordination all manufacturing process changings using CEP, FMEA and TRY OUT;
• Experience at releasing of new products acting like layout inspection engineer and manufacturing process optimization, clients and providers support. Consolidated experience using APQP, PPAP e MSA;
• Lead auditor of manufacturing process as coordinator of maintenance and accreditation auditioning for automotive industry specific regulations; – less
Very busy workplace with learning opportunities
Occupational Health and Safety Officer (Current Employee), Tete MozambiqueJuly 1, 2014
Pros: transport, accommodation, bonuses, life assurance and medical aid
A good working environment especially, good supervision and Management.
Clear procedures and fairness
Tiresome and achieved
IT Project Manager (Current Employee), Maputo, MozambiqueFebruary 6, 2014
Pros: flexible time
Cons: being chased and pushed by program manager to deliver
The day started with progress meetings and removing activities barriers e.g To obtain 1). Approval of proposed solution, 2). Approval of budget.

I learnt that emails to get approval doesn't work effectively. I got approvals by going to managers concern.

I managed waiting approval time by re-shuffling activities so that none dependencies activities – more... were being action while waiting for approvals.

The most hardest part was to convince team leaders the change of activites of the day because we had no approvals to proceed from client.

Unplanned activites of the day were completed and partly planned activites of the day were also completed. We were ahead of planned time. This was achievement and enjoyable part of the day. – less
to operate and maintain tugboats in the best
Chief Engineer (Former Employee), Vitória, ESFebruary 4, 2014
Pros: working onboard
Cons: far from loved ones
to coordinate working day with the team
people like discuss
organization is important for having a productive day
care about people
risk
mission accomplished
A Multicultural Work Environment
Environmental Analyst (Current Employee), BlantyreNovember 13, 2013
Pros: free lunch and transport, performance based bonus, acknowledgement and praise when tasks are carried out in a timely manner
Cons: long hours, working in rough and hot terrain, company not solely open to new ideas
Employees are general close so a typical day at work is usually productive and fun, however since it is a Multicultural Environment there sometimes tends to be some office politics, though with that said it is a refreshing experience to learn different things for different cultures. I have learnt how to handle different situations as the arise. I am – more... learning to speak portuguese since the company is a Brazilian company. I have learnt and improved how to better implement Environmental management systems. Most of my co workers are great to work with and i have learnt a lot from them, however sometimes there are some unnecessary issues related to race and background but i am pleased to say as we continue to work together this situation is continously improving. The hardest part of the Job is communication breakdown, we have some employees that do not understand English so it sometimes makes implementing things a bit difficult. Another challenge sometimes taking initiative and thinking outside the box can lead you into trouble. The company is set on its procedures that sometimes new ideas are not tolerated depending on the mangement. The most enjoyable part is I get to work at my own pace and have been trused with responsibilities therefore i hardly have my supervisers and mangers breathing down my neck. Another great thing about working here is that being a part of such a huge project of railway construction. For thesake project everybody comes together to help one another despite the challenges and conflicts and i think that is absolutely awesome. I enjoy the team work the most. – less
PRODUCTIVE AND FUN WORK PLACE
PROCESS Engineer (Current Employee), SOHAR OMANOctober 19, 2013
Pros: free transport and free lunches
Cons: nothing
VALE has very good reputation for employee welfare and safety.
Hard Work and Productivity
LUBE TECHNICIAN (Former Employee), Nouvelle CaledonieSeptember 4, 2013
Pros: benefit's and salary
Cons: culture's of other countries
Different work environment, Learned many things including cultures of different nations, their behavior at work and the climate. Hardest is coping in the attitude of my co-workers because of their different values at work and behavior. The enjoyable part is the salary is big
Good place to work and learn and you have a great work-life balance
Senior Procurement Analyst - Drilling Equipment (Current Employee), Rio de Janeiro, BrazilAugust 18, 2013
Pros: great bonus upto 6 salaries
Cons: some management decissions that need to be followed despite not agreeing totally
I work on getting our mining operations the equipment they need to operate. We are a small team of analysts responsible for getting the best commercial conditions for the right equipment considering also safety and quality. I start at 9 some days and 8 am three times a week, I rather start earlier because I believe I am more productive in the morning – more... and then if I finish early I have more time for sports or some other activities.

My co-workers are nice and very professional people and so is my boss.

The hardest parts of my job and the most fun too is to negotiate with vendors, mainly when we have big differences in commercial and legal issues. – less
Worked with some very good people
Shift Undermanager (Former Employee), Vale do Paraíba, SPAugust 14, 2013
Worked as a Shift Undermanager
Development Superintendent
Outbye Superintendent
Was involved in some very challenging projects, had good support from people inside the buisness
Vale
Maintenance Electrician (Former Employee), SingletonApril 1, 2013
Pros: pay, lunch at end of day just prior to leaving work area & friendships
Cons: hours (sod), uncertainty of employment
Management was imbalanced, ie: good & bad.
production employees overall were good
3 days off, each week was good due to 10 hour days
MAIS TRANPARENCIAS EM RELAÇAO AOS OBJETIVOS /SEGURANÇA/PRODUÇAO
Operador de Equipamentos II (Former Employee), Nova Lima, MGDecember 19, 2014
Pros: equip.beneficios.oportunidades na carreira profissional
Cons: ultimamente horario, cobranças individuais de alguns supervisores passando por cima da segurança etc..
ACHO QUE NEM SEMPRE AS ATITUDES DENTRO DE UMA MINERAÇAO ESTA RELACIONADA A SEGURANÇA EM PRIMEIRO LUGAR,DEIXANDO AS VEZES A PRODUÇAO TOMAR CONTA DOS SEGMENTOS PRIORITARIOS PARA SE CONDUZIR UMA AREA EM QUE SE EXIGE MUITO DE CADA UM.BURLANDO AS VEZES ALGUMAS NORMAS PARA QUE SE CONTENTEM COM UMA PRODUÇAO CONTUNDENTE SATISFATORIA ,SENDO DE UMA MANEIRA OU – more... OUTRA SEM DIVULGAR NOMES PRECIONADOS PARA QUE UMA PRODUÇAO SEJE SEMPRE VISTA EM UM PRIMEIRO LUGAR ,PARECENDO TRATAR-SE DE UMA COMPETIÇAO QUE NO FINAL SE RESUME EM NUMEROS..DEIXANDO PARECER QUE AS VEZES QUE NOS OPERADORES ENVOLVEMOS EM ALGUNS INSIDENTES OU ACIDENTES SOMOS MUITAS VEZES CONDENADOS POR NAO USARMOS O DIREITO DE RECUSA.LEVANDO COM ISSO UM MEIO DE DIVULGAR TUDO PRA CIMA DE NOS OPERADORES..QUERO DEIXAR BEM CLARO TRATA-SE DE ALGUMAS LIDERANÇAS,A MINORIA MAIS EXISTEM ,ESTA E A MINHA OPINIAO COM MUITA SINCERIDADE E CONVIVENCIAS COM TUDO ISSO DECLARADO.OBRIGADO...... – less
EMPRESA RESPEITO A NATUREZA ,VALORIZA A VIDA EM PRIMEIRO LUGAR.
TENICO MECANICO (Current Employee), Uberaba, MGDecember 17, 2014
Pros: beneficios plano saude e odontologico e participação nos lucros
EMPRESA COM DESENVOLVIMENTO DO TRABALHO EM EQUIPE,COM BOM RELACIONAMENTO ENTRE COLEGAS DE TRABALHO E DIREÇÃO.
Muito boa, Séria.
Aposentado (Former Employee), Vitória, ESDecember 17, 2014
Pros: tem como forte cumprir todos os seus acordos.
Cons: distância muito forte entre os níveis hierárquicos diretoria-gerência-executores.
Empresa sólida com um equilíbrio muito bom entre trabalho e trabalhador, digna de exemplo no mercado.
EMPRESA COMPETITIVA E AMBIENTE SAUDÁVEL ENTRE OS EMPREGADOS
TÉCNICO SEGURANÇA DO TRABALHO (Former Employee), Ouro Preto, MGDecember 16, 2014
Pros: refeição na empresa
Cons: sinal de celular deficiente
TREINAMENTO DE SOCORRISTA, BRIGADISTA, SIMULAÇÃO DE EMERGÊNCIA EM ESPAÇO CONFINADO, E UMA SITUÇÃO DE INCENDIO FLORESTAL ONDE TIVEMOS QUE ATUAR EM CONJUNTO PARA MINIMIZAR OS IMPACTOS CAUSADOS PELO FOGO AO REDOR DA EMPRESA.
Ótima empresa para quem está em início de carreira
Analista/ Gerente de Qualidade (Former Employee), São Luís, MADecember 16, 2014
Pros: plano de saude, bonus
Cons: nada contra
Checar planejamento estratégico, processos a serem alterados, auditorias a serem feitas ou acompanhadas.
Aprendi muito sobre sistemas de gestão de qualidade.
Os colegas de trabalho são ótimos e disponíveis.
A parte mais difícil era prazos apertados com relação a implantação de hoteis.
A parte mais agradável era certificar e manter a certificação de – more... um hotel na ISO 9001:2008. E ver um hotel recém inaugurado operando. – less
Empresa muito boa para se trabalhar, otimos beneficios
Técnico eletroeletrônico (Former Employee), Congonhas, MGDecember 16, 2014
Pros: ótimos benefícios, plano de saude, plr, ajuda ao ensino superior
Cons: falta de oportunidade, dificiu expor opinão e falta de contato com gerentes
Empresa de grande porte no setor de mineração. Atuei no processo de pelotização em horarios de revezamento, senti a falta de oportunidade de crescimento e de expor minhas opiniões. Considero a Vale uma empresa muito boa, o grande problema é que em alguns setores podem haver supervisores que barram o crescimento dos funcionarios e não conseguem os motivar.
Empresa com excelentes projetos de longo prazo
Engenheiro Senior de Projetos estratégicos (Former Employee), São Luís, MADecember 15, 2014
Aprendizagem foi muito elevada em todas as áreas de atuação. Colegas de trabalho cooperam em todos os desafios de equipe. Todo o dia existe um desafio para ser superado. Direção e gerência estão bem alinhada com os objetivos da Cia. Agradável o trabalho em equipe. Parte mais difícil quando alguns dos problemas técnicos não tinham tempo hábil de resolução.
Empresa agradável de trabalhar.
Engenheiro (Former Employee), Congonhas, MGDecember 14, 2014
Pros: salário e benefícios.
Cons: falta de perspectivas.
Este trabalho me proporcionou crescimento profissional e grande aprendizado.Os pontos negativos estavam relacionados à falta de atribuições e instabilidade.
Empresa com ótimas qualidades
Ensacador (Former Employee), Guará, SPDecember 9, 2014
Várias amizades na qual conseguir adquirir ainda mais experiências.
Empresa dinamica e agradável para trabalhar
Operador de Equipamentos e Instalações (Former Employee), Itabira, MGDecember 5, 2014
Pros: os beneficios eram excelentes e agregavam com salários.
Nesta empresa tive o prazer de aprender a aperar equipamentos de grande porte. a parte mais agradável do serviço sempre foi estar operando esse equipamentos e saber que você é capaz para tal função.

About Vale

Vale S.A. is a Brazilian diversified mining multinational corporation and one of the largest logistics operators in Brazil.In – Read more