Vale

Vale Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Very good to work for 30 years
Underground Miner (Former Employee), Thompson, MBFebruary 14, 2013
Pros: excellent co-workers
Cons: long hours
Excellent to work for
Good co-workers
Learned lots
Good Safety rules
This was a good company to work for and treated me well and I gave them my best in return
firstline supervisor (Former Employee), Greater Sudbury, ONOctober 30, 2012
Pros: excellent people to work with
Cons: i had no dislikes to my job. when the days got long and hectic it brought out the best in me
As a supervisor I was responsible to ensure taht all people were gainfully employed and that they were giving all imformation relevent to thger daily tasks that would allow them to safely perform their job. I was responsible to do daily audits to ensure that each person was working to standard and not putting his/hers or others safety at risk.Being a supervisor for so long has given me an excellent level of people and communication skills. I get along well with all levels of people and enjoy working hands on with them. This is probably why I remained a firstline supervisor for so long. I have an excellent ability to assess situations and react accordingly. The hardest part of my job was issuing discipline.When I had to I tried to always make it constructive and educational.
bad managment
Apprenticeship Electrical co-op (Former Employee), Greater Sudbury, ONSeptember 10, 2012
no organization for new employies, nothings organized

the co-workers were great
If You Like The Far North this is it
millwright (Former Employee), Thompson, MBApril 4, 2012
Pros: fishing
Cons: far away from the world
Had My best Millwrighting Job there working in the Pump Shop. Rebuilding and installing pumps in the Refinery. Was there 9 mons. and wish I could have stayed, but had to return to Ontario at the time. Guys were great to work with but management had some issues that they should work on. I focused on my job stayed out of that but it was sometimes a pain.

About Vale

Vale S.A. is a Brazilian diversified mining multinational corporation and one of the largest logistics operators in Brazil.In – Read more