Vale Employee Review

Great people to work with
Forklift operator (Former Employee) –  Port Colborne,Ont18 February 2013
Was in research department so we were always doing different projects. Had the opputunity to learn new things. Worked with different chemicals. Mixed,weighed and labelled for shipping. Management was great and all friendly.Co-workers were all helpfull and friendly. The hardest part of the job was saying good-bye. We were all on contract and all got laid off at the same time as we had no more funding for projects for the 2013 year. Was the best job i ever had learning and given the chance with really no experience at all working in a chemical refinery.
Pros
had great co-workers
Cons
being on contract

Other Vale Employee Reviews

Strained work enviroment
Industrial Mechanic (Millwright) (Current Employee) –  Thompson, MB16 January 2018
Could be a great company but a lack of leadership and direction makes it difficult to feel confident in your job security. They offer limited to no training, and it is difficult to want to advance as middle receives no support from upper management. However the schedule is excellent and the pay and bonus are very good.
Pros
excellent schedule, good salary
Cons
lack of comunication and strained relations between staff and hourly
Great People
Planner/Turnover Lead (Current Employee) –  Copper Cliff, ON11 January 2018
My experience with Vale included two projects. The people that worked on these projects were always great. They accepted me as part of the Vale family.