Only good when nickel is at 10$ Plus...Unpredictable market. Company is good to work for, lots of chances to go up the organization if your a go getter. Company does like to carry lazy employees. Probably the issue with all big companies.
Processing Plant Technician (Former Employee) – Long Harbour, NL – 20 June 2017
They oversell and under deliver. The extensive interview process will make you believe the job is much more desirable than what it actually is. They are very vague about what the PPT position entails and do not give you much information until you are actually thrown into your area.
Processing plant technician (Current Employee) – Long Harbour, NL – 17 February 2017
Good Job. Questionable management decisions. Makes claims that business decisions are transparent, however that is far from true. Claim that they nurture decisions to be made by techs, but disregard advice given by technicians actually working in the field.
- Begin day with daily planning meeting where we discuss work and any issues that may effect crews and/or work areas.
- In my work i learned to have an open mind and listen attentively to others ideas around work. in doing so we revised some safe work procedures making work more safe and efficient.
- Management communicated well together which is key to executing work safely and productively.
- Co-workers and peers turn to my extensive experience when they were unsure on assigning certain work to employees. i was a resource to all levels of management and employees. My door was always open to anyone who had a concern about their job.
- hardest part of the job for me was investigating serious incidents within the mines where people i knew for years were injured. i always found the root cause and put recommendations to upper management and government inspectors on reducing likelihood of reoccurrence. unfortunately in the mines some tasks would always remain high risk so safe work procedures would be implemented.
- the most enjoyable part of my day was knowing i made a difference in workers lives by improving safety in the workplace and changing the mining culture and beliefs where serious injuries were expected to happen in the mining process. i believe that with training we can change how individuals approach work. Eliminate lost time accidents and bring overall injury statistics down no matter the work environment.
Making a positive difference in mine safety, knowing employee's went home to their families unhurt.
long hours away from my family, changing vacation plans for the efficiency of the operation.