Corporate Controls Administrative Assistant Job Posting - 2014
Valard Construction LP, Canada's premier Power line Contractor is seeking an Administrative Assistant for its Corporate Controls group. The Corporate Controls group is responsible for connecting information from the field to the head office, providing visibility and analysis on critical issues, project status, company assets, financials, and human resources. This group is also responsible for special initiatives from the President. As the Administrative Assistant in the Corporate Control’s team, you will be working alongside the executive team, including the President and CEO. We are looking for an individual who has a high performance drive, learns quickly and is looking for advancement.
Responsibilities while working with a Project Management team within the Corporate Controls department will include:
- Supporting the Corporate Controls team in achieving their key initiatives.
- Contacting project teams for updates and participating in project update calls, summarizing key information.
- Recording, organizing, and controlling incoming data for visualization of major projects of the company.
- Managing visual representations of major projects for the executive team.
- Creating and maintaining data records.
- Participating in, preparing and recording meetings with the President and other executives.
- Monitoring various mailboxes, calendars and documents for the team.
- Maintaining office and stationary supplies for the team.
Skills you need for the role include:
- Previous experience in a dynamic and fast paced administrative role, within a high performance team is a strong asset.
- Outstanding organizational, interpersonal, analytical and problem solving skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively to all levels of seniority, from field staff to top level executives.
- Proven examples of proactivity and initiative in past experience.
- Excellent computer skills, including MS Office.
- Interest and experience in project management would be an asset.
- Knowledge and understanding of electrical transmission concepts would be an asset.
Valard rewards hard work, performance and results by offering a very competitive compensation and benefits package and a company supported RSP Program.
Please reply to this ad or forward resume and cover letter in confidence indicating competition number VCLP#11-0088 to:
We thank all those who apply however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Deadline for job posting: June 6, 2014
Since Valard Construction Ltd.'s incorporation in 1978, we have been committed to the successful completion of every project— building...