RECEPTIONIST OFFICE ASSISTANT
Valard Construction LP is one of Canada’s largest power line contractors, serving clients in the public and private sectors. We offer construction services in overhead and underground transmission and distribution systems, substations, fibre optics and substation and transmission foundations.
To support the rapid growth of the company’s activities in Leduc, Valard Construction is currently looking for a Receptionist & Office Assistant. In this role, the successful candidate will work in Leduc as part of the Shop team in the Fleet Operations. The Receptionist & Office Assistant will assist with the day-to-day operation of the office as well as providing support in a variety of areas for the entire team.
RESPONSIBILITIES and DUTIES:
- Answer the main switchboard; address, answer and direct calls in a courteous, professional and friendly manner
- Handling all incoming and outgoing mail and courier packages
- General office administration support such as scanning of documents, typing documents and document filing/management
- Maintaining and ordering of office supplies
- Assist with coordination of any building maintenance requirements
- Providing administrative support to the building staff as required
- Greet all visitors politely and diligently and announce them to the appropriate designate.
- Support the Fleet Team with document filing, electronic filing, meeting minutes and other administrative tasks.
- Data entry in spreadsheets, specific fleet database, work orders, electronic attachments for tracking insurance and fleet data requirements.
- Completion of a Business Administration diploma or certificate is preferred.
- Minimum 5 years of direct and related experience in a similar office environment is required
- Possess strong written and oral communication.
- Extensive experience in the use of the Microsoft Office suite of applications is required.
- Extensive experience with Microsoft office suite of applications is required.
- Possess strong organizational skills with the ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously and work in a high paced work environment.
- Professional, punctual and dependable is “a must”.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
The successful candidate will be outgoing and a self-starter.
Preference will be given to candidates with direct related experience.
Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.