Vaisala is a global leader in environmental and industrial measurement. We provide services, products and solutions for meteorology, environmental sciences, aviation, traffic and industry. Our unique expertise is built on science-based innovation, advanced technology and over 75 years of experience. We believe in a world where environmental observations improve daily life.
The HR Generalist will be an integral member of a global Human Resources team passionate about providing the highest standard of customer service to our customers in multiple sites. This is a strong contributor role in a learning and developmentally focused organization where you will have the opportunity to excel in a multi-cultural, diverse working environment. This position reports to the President of Vaisala Canada Inc.
The role is a part-time position, mornings only. There may be occasional requirements to travel, including to head office in Helsinki for approximately a week once or twice a year.
- Helping managers define recruitment needs, post open positions, screening candidates, arranging and participating in the interview processes and generating offer letters and new hire paperwork. Includes using iCIMS, Vaisala’s applicant tracking system.
- Planning and conducting orientation for new hires, including providing the Vaisala overview and introducing Company policies and procedures.
- Advising staff on employment issues based on the local Employment Standards Act and the Labor Relations Code.
- Working with the global HR team on corporate issues and projects.
- Locally administering HR aspects of eBS (Vaisala’s ERP system) for example entering new employees and updating employee records as needed.
- Providing support on Vaisala’s Performance and Development Cycle (PDC) to managers and staff.
- Maintaining local staff HR files, for example ensuring that appropriate documentation are obtained and filed.
- Maintaining the Vaisala Canada employee handbook.
- Providing salary reference data to managers as required.
- Participating as a member of the Health & Safety committee.
- Assisting in the coordination of obtaining legal HR documents for staff, for example work visas and expatriation documents.
- Local benefits administration and analysis.
Requirements and qualifications
- Ability to multi-task and work in very fast paced environment.
- Administrative expert with a willingness to perform administrative and clerical tasks.
- Three to five years of proven and progressive Human Resources experience.
- Minimum 2 years of recruitment expertise.
- Minimum of 3-5 years generalist experience.
- Exercise discretion and good judgment handling confidential information.
- Ability to establish trust and work in a collaborative, team-based environment.
- Ability to work independently and build effective working relationships.
- Excellent organizational skills required. Superior presentation, interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to adapt to different software applications and websites.
- Job Related Bachelors Degree preferred.
- International experience in a multi-cultural environment is a plus.
- HR Certification also a plus.
- Proficiency with an Oracle HRIS system preferred, or similar.
- Proficiency with ICIMS Applicant Tracking Software, or similar.
- Microsoft Office excellence.
We offer an international and challenging work environment in a growing business. At Vaisala the successful candidate will have the opportunity to work with interesting, motivated, and professional people within an organization that strongly supports personal growth and continued development.
Submit your resume/CV, cover letter and salary requirements by October 25, 2013.
To be considered for this position you must currently be eligible to work in Canada.
Only resumes submitted via our online applicant tracking system will be considered for this position. Please visit http://www.vaisala.com/careers to apply.
No phone calls or third party recruiters please.