VTRAC Consulting Corporation
“Solutions for Growth”
Please e-mail your resume as a MS-WORD document in confidence Subject: Technical Architect
Attention: JOB No. 6879, to Marilyn Dai (416) 366-2600 Ext 236
If you have recently obtained a contract position through VTRAC and still on the project, please contact us for status update.
Job No.: 6879
Position: Technical Architect
Position Type: Contract – 12 Month (extendable)
No. of Positions: 1
Location: Toronto, ON
- Determine project requirements, end to end technical solution, provides high level estimates, conceptual design and sizing on various International platforms within the FAM domain.
- Work with Technical and Business Architects to ensure developments support the business and IT strategic plan
- Provide technical and architectural direction according to Enterprise Architectural (IT) Strategies, Security Standards and Goals.
- Partner with Project Managers and delivery teams to ensure enterprise standards including (but not limited to) SDLC 2.0 and architecture governance (SAR) guidelines / regulations are followed throughout the project life cycle.
- Identify Reengineering and Reuse opportunities
- Define legacy / local applications migration paths
- Provide leadership to improve the quality, availability and cost efficiency of systems and services.
- Undertake architectural improvements in conjunction with Integrator/Portfolio Architect with regards to Reference Architectures and Prescriptive Architectures
- Interact with business and technology partners in an effective and positive manner
- 10 years of relevant professional work experience with major FIs in technical architecture, design and development.
- Minimum 3 years of hands on experience in Accounts Receivable software specifically First Data/VisionPlus.
- Broad understanding of different technologies and their relationship to business goals and objectives ranging from mainframe, midrange, database, host integration, software development methodologies and frameworks.
- Must be able to manage several high priority tasks simultaneously in a complex changing environment within a highly matrix organization
- Solid interpersonal and professional skills such as leadership, influencing, team building and driving results.
- Strong consultancy skills with demonstrated ability to influence and drive business and technology decisions.
- Excellent communication skills in both written and verbal are required particularly in presenting complex problems and their solutions in simple business terms.
- Must be flexible with work hours to lead projects involving teams from different and/or multiple time zones.
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or other related field, or has equivalent work experience
Nice to have:
- Experience working with Mainframe systems
We thank all candidates in advance. Only selected candidates for interviews will be contacted. For other exciting opportunities, please visit us at www.vtrac.com. VTRAC is an equal opportunity employer.
Indeed - 15 months ago