VTRAC Consulting Corporation
“Solutions for Growth”
Position: Sr. Unix/Linux Administrator (Infrastructure Consultant)
Number of positions: 1
Job Category: Technical
Job number: 6502
Position type: Full Time
Responsible for designing and maintaining infrastructure systems standards and business application server standards. Will work with Systems Administrators and project teams to design, build, test and implement major complex projects. Investigates new technologies and methodologies and is responsible for their introduction into existing standards where efficiencies or stabilization gains would be made. Designs and reviews deployment architecture for medium and complex development projects.
- Participate in IT infrastructure and development projects and provides subject matter expertise, or acts as team lead. Designs and reviews deployment architecture for medium and complex development projects. Typically works simultaneously on 2 major initiatives as prime and assists Systems Administrators on 3 other initiatives.
- Participate in planning and policy creation for new infrastructure, periodically review existing policies / standards and recommend improvements
- Troubleshoot and resolve technical operational issues related to IT Infrastructure such as Level 2 trouble shooting with the development teams on an application that is not working as designed.
- Provides and reviews Work Breakdown Structure and work effort estimates related to IT Infrastructure. On a new project where there is established working pattern, the Infrastructure Consultant could be asked to document and detail the steps involved and the work effort required to complete certain stages or entire initiative.
- Provide technical advice and direction in area of speciality, coaches and mentors junior staff
- Provide 2nd level escalation support for Production incidents as needed, coordinate remediation if necessary. Conducts post-incident reviews related to root cause and recommends actions for improvement.
- Participate in the change management process to ensure changes are understood and planned for. Review technical aspects of the change and coordinate infrastructure specific tasks if needed.
- Research, analyze and resolve security vulnerabilities
- Create technical documentation
- Minimum of 5 years of directly related work experience in IT – Systems Administration
- Minimum of 1 years of Supervisory/Management experience
- College/University degree in Computer Science/ Engineering
- Advanced knowledge Sun LDOM, Sun iLom
- 5+ years Unix experience, 3+ years Solaris 10
- 2+ years Linux experience – preferably RedHat Linux
- Excellent documentation writing skills
- Experience in managing small/medium infrastructure projects
- Excellent troubleshooting skills
- Good presentation skills (5-10 people)
- Relevant professional certifications/designations preferred
We thank all candidates in advance. Only selected candidates for interviews will be contacted. For other exciting opportunities, please visit us at www.vtrac.com. VTRAC is an equal opportunity employer.