Job No.: 6563
Position: Creative Designer
Position Type: Contract 5 months
No. of Positions: 1
Location: Toronto, ON
We’re looking for a Creative Designer who is very familiar with marketing and has demonstrated expertise and thought leadership from a graphic design and advertising perspective. He/she will work directly with stakeholders, both internal and external department. Will be responsible for producing design concepts based on an in depth understanding of creative, technical, and interface design principles and best practices and the business requirements. Creative Designer is responsible for the visual design and production of graphics for all organization. The Creative Designer is responsible for adhering to organizations Brand and online standards and applying them to organizations web properties.
- Create interface designs, detailed specifications and visual concepts based on industry and Internet Channel standards using Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Flash, and Premiere/Apple Motion (video editing). This involves creating designs that present large amounts of visual information in a coherent and organized fashion.
- Source and treat brand-compliant images, set type, and ensure that all brand and business standards are met. Articulate graphic standards, specifications, tone and theme to team members or client groups.
- Consult with other resources within the Internet Channel team to ensure that a holistic customer experience is created, in terms of usability, creative design, editorial design, and client-side development.
- Contribute to eChannels sales & customer satisfaction targets from an online user experience, design and content perspective by producing design concepts that meet eChannels online standards, brand standards and best practices interface designs
- Report on project status, deliverables, and delivery issues to the project leads or Senior UE team members or Project Managers
- Actively contribute to the definition, documentation and communication of online design standards.
- Review design concepts created by external vendors to ensure they meet eChannels standards.
- Stay abreast of industry trends to suggest improvements to online marketing.
- Successful candidates must exhibit organizations’s values of trust, team work, and accountability
- University degree in fine arts, graphic design, digital marketing, or a related field, or equivalent experience
- Expert knowledge of creative design issues, including branding, graphic design, user-centred design methodologies, typography, and marketing
- Knowledge of Internet technology issues and the implications for customer experience, including cross-platform issues (Windows/Mac/mobile) and cross-browser issues
- Knowledge of Internet business issues, including online financial services delivery, online marketing techniques, viral marketing, privacy issues, legal issues, and third party solutions
- Excellent oral and written communication skills sufficient to communicate regularly with Senior Director level and occasionally with organizations executives
- Handling high work volumes, tight deadlines and a stressful working environment
- Expert knowledge of marketing techniques and best practices, including ad copy and industry trends
- 5+ years of experience in web interface design
- Experience with user experience best practices, including HCI principles, Internet design principles, W3C standards, accessibility best practices, user research techniques, and usability testing best practices
- Skilled in the use of some of: Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Flash, Dreamweaver (HTML-editor), Premiere/Motion (video conversion), Visio, Axure/Balsamiq, and Microsoft Office
- Able to clearly document designs, explain design concepts to non-designers and effectively communicate project and design rationale to both designers and non-designers at all levels of the organization
We thank all candidates in advance. Only selected candidates for interviews will be contacted. For other exciting opportunities, please visit us at www.vtrac.com. VTRAC is an equal opportunity employer.
Indeed - 16 months ago