- Reviews proposal specifications, drawings, attends pre-bid meetings etc. to
determine scope of work and required contents of estimate.
- Completes accurate quantity surveys
- Provides technical support to personnel preparing discipline estimates for assigned bids
- Develop preliminary baseline schedules to assist in estimate development
- Insures all working documents and data are maintained to back-up estimate figures
- Tracks awarded contracts as required (estimating/pricing extra work items,
change orders, credit, procuring materials, schedule reviews and updates etc.)
- Provides complete conceptual or bid work, and final estimating input on
- Advises Chief Estimator or Operations Manager as to cost and schedule
fluctuations, improve material, or other factors affecting construction.
- Reviews market labor and equipment rates, and advise accordingly.
- May assist Chief Estimator in the coordination of overall corporate estimating
functions, including systems development and staff training.
- Engineering degree, CET, Construction Management or equivalent combination
of raining and experience.
- Seven to ten year experience estimating, in the civil construction industry.
- Thorough knowledge of engineering disciplines, cost control systems and accounts.
- Knowledge of and experience with construction, design, finance and management.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills, combined with the ability to
work with a team.
Indeed - 18 months ago