This poistion is for 12hrs/month @$13/hr, some Sunday evenings, applicant must be flexible with schedule. We are interested in applicants from Tillsonburg and surrounding rual areas only.
VON Oxford, Family Supports Program is proud to offer opportunities in our Special Services at Home and Passport Programs. Our Programs provide support to individuals with developmental disabilities and respite support to their families. We are looking for support workers to provide part-time respite support.
- Provide support to children with a developmental and/or physical disability and adults with a developmental disability
- Assist people to develop skills and independence
- Access various community activities
- Assist families and VON to develop and implement individual support plans
- Work on a part-time independently contracted basis. Hours will vary depending on individual plans
- Experience providing support or care to individuals with a disability
- Education and training in related field is an asset
- Access to a vehicle for work purposes is preferred
- Patient, committed, reliable
- Ability to respect confidentiality and professional boundaries
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work independently and/or as part of a team providing support
Interested applicants are encouraged to submit their resume to VON at the contact information below.
Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Please note that this isn't a summer position, contracts are renewed on a yearly basis.