Experience and professional MOA required for busy Medical Clinic in Abbotsford. You will be responsible for managing a patient count of 35 to 50 patients per day for both Walk-In and Family Practice appointments. You are highly efficient and bring a positive, capable and enthusiastic attitude. We will provide a great working environment, competitive compensation and growth opportunities.
- Coordinates patient care through the clinic – waiting room, exam room and all Clinic services
- Provides administrative support to Practitioners: reception, data entry, records maintenance and correspondence
- Delivers exceptional customer service according to company mission statement
- Maintains strong positive relationship with internal and external healthcare practioners, suppliers and customers.
- Schedules patient appointments
- Works with the Practitioner to optimize billing opportunities
- Acts as the liaison between the Patient and Practitioner; provides all Patient communication.
- Maintains electronic medical records via WOL/TELUS EMR– updates address, allergies, phone number etc. on each visit ; ensure patient's records are up-to-date and correct as per the medications, treatments, symptoms, side effects, etc
- Ensures that correct billing information is collected to produce and generate clean claims for submission; processes billing
- Schedules patients for tests, follow up appointments promptly and efficiently
- Cleans and sterilize materials and instruments following universal precautions.
- Prepares examination rooms; select, setup and maintain medical supplies and equipment for all examinations and procedures.
- Checks inventory and orders medical supplies and materials.
- Maintains a clean and professional at all times
- Follow clinic guidelines and protocols and participate in making new ones.
- Generates financial and other records required for operations
- Shares information gathered from patients with appropriate team members to assist in more comprehensive care of the patient.
- Maintains patient privacy and confidentiality at all times
- Promote healthy living to all clients, referring them to appropriate resources: provides patient education materials.
- Participate in team and staff meetings as requested.
- Participate in staff development programs and promotes team cohesiveness
- Other duties as required.
Knowledge Skills and Abilities
- Medical Office Assistant Diploma
- Ability to maintain patient privacy and confidentiality.
- Experience with EMR and WOLF
- Ability to collaborate with other multi-disciplinary team members.
- Proficiency in the use of computers and office equipment.
- Ability to efficiently manage time and prioritize multiple tasks.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to evaluate one’s own learning needs and seek out educational opportunities.
- Demonstrated track record in delivering exceptional customer service
- Minimum 3 years experience as an MOA
Interested candidates, please send your resumes with cover letter and wage expectations to the email address indicated.
Please be sure to enter MEDICAL OFFICE ASSISTANT in the subject line.