SUMMARY OF FUNCTIONS:
As the interface between Viking and a group of our world class aerospace supply chain partners, the Procurement Professional will be accountable for managing the ongoing and assured supply of aircraft parts and services in line with Viking’s requirements. Key accountabilities will include: supplier delivered quality, on-time delivery performance, cost, inventory and vendor continuous improvement. The Procurement Professional is also responsible for developing and improving the day-to-day relationship between Viking and its supply chain partners.
MAJOR DUTIES & RESPONSABILITES:
- Ensure that all vendor-supplied products and services meet or exceed all regulatory, customer and company requirements.
- On time release of purchase orders to ERP demand and product lead times.
- On time delivery of vendor-supplied aircraft products and services.
- Working with Viking Supplier Quality Assurance, ensure that all vendors strictly adhere to Viking’s Quality Management System.
- Actively participate in Viking’s ongoing Continuous Improvement program.
- Ongoing review, management and coordination of vendor-related engineering change.
- Engage fully with Viking’s metric-based performance management processes.
- Seek to develop skills and experience by proactively participating in professional training and development programs.
The Procurement Professional will work within the Supply Chain function, and liaise with staff in Operations, Engineering, Quality and Finance. The role reports directly to the Procurement Manager. The Procurement Professional is also responsible for managing the day-to-day relationship between Viking and its supply chain partners.
EXPERIENCE AND/OR EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor of Commerce, Engineering or similar numerate discipline, or equivalent experience.
- 3+ years’ experience working in a procurement role within a manufacturing or operations environment.
- An understanding of contemporary lean manufacturing principles and practices.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a willingness to learn.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to build relationships and work effectively with people at all organizational levels.
- Intermediate / advanced computer and data analysis skills are desirable.
- APICS certification, although not required, is a distinct asset.
- Aerospace experience, although not required, is a distinct asset.
- Experience with Visual Manufacturing (infor) ERP is also distinct asset.