SUMMARY OF FUNCTIONS:
Focal for developing and monitoring the Health, Safety & Environmental programs throughout the organization, promoting sound safety practices and the participation of all company personnel in assuring safe work. Identify hazards and assess risk to health and safety, put appropriate controls in place and provide advice on accident prevention and occupational health to management and employees.
MAJOR DUTIES & RESPONSABILITES:
- Leads the planning, implementation, coordination and auditing of Company Policy on Health and Safety programs across the organization.
- Conducts training on Health and Safety related matters.
- Leads the First Aid Attendants to ensure proper procedures are developed, proper care is administered and training is complete.
- Works closely with the Viking Joint Health and Safety Committee and other Committees and Sub-Committees
- Ensure all Regional, Provincial and Federal Occupational Health and Safety standards and regulations are adhered to.
- Leads company programs on internal safety audits, results and corrective actions
- Maintain and analyze safety statistics and deliver reports and recommendations
- Assist in investigation of accidents and incidents
- Ensures Company Departmental Goals and Objectives are met in relation to OHS
- Maintains relations with all OHS regulatory bodies i.e. HRSDC, Worksafe BC
- Keeps current on developments in industry and accident prevention
EXPERIENCE AND/OR EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS
- Post-secondary education/certification in the following disciplines: Occupational Hygiene or Health and Safety.
- Minimum of 5-10 years’ work experience directly related to Occupational Health and Safety.
- Excellent interpersonal and written/verbal communication skills
- Preferred Professional Designations and Memberships – CRSP, CSP, ROH, ROHT, CIH
Indeed - 21 months ago