SUMMARY OF FUNCTIONS:
The BDFCA is responsible for managing and administering the key aspects of customer contracts and external program agreements associated with Business Development and Sales and Marketing activities.
This includes supporting the development, review, communication, and fulfillment of contract terms and conditions for any related new agreements or any changes or modifications to such existing agreements as required; ensuring adherence and compliance to regulatory, legislative and industry specifications;
MAJOR DUTIES & RESPONSABILITES:
- Responsible for all aspects of contract management; contracting discipline, pricing and proposal development, special mission aircraft completion, negotiations support and internal financial contract administration;
- Provide leadership for the contracts administration, compliance and database function. Organize, maintain and electronically track all contracts and related documents. Ensure that database system functions properly; Manage Viking’s portfolio of contracts. Lead contract close-out efforts;
- Assess, track and identify key needs for long term contracts including specification, acquisition, maintenance, and support requirements. Advise or work with customers, suppliers and internal service providers as required to ensure needs are met. Serve as the point on contact and subject matter expert for BD Dept. contractual matters;
- Develop and maintain “terms and conditions” for purchase and sale agreements and any related activities. Interact with the legal external service providers as required to ensure the accuracy and validity of contract information. Recommend modifications to accommodate regulatory, legislative, industry or Viking changes;
- Support BD operations in development and management of standardized contract administration processes. Provide consistent visibility and communication to Production, BD, Finance and external third party suppliers (as applicable) on all upcoming actions, changes and plans to ensure fulfillment of mutual objectives;
- Work with Finance to create and maintain timely and accurate contract billing and assist in the resolution of associated billing reconciliations/inquires and ensure thorough comprehension of all BD activities.
Reports to the Vice President of Business Development, can be directed by the CFO. The BDFCA works closely with staff in BD, Finance, ATLAS, Purchasing and the management team to ensure that our customer commitments are accurately tracked and ultimately met.
EXPERIENCE AND/OR EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS
- BS/BA in Business, Finance or related field;
- 5-7 years of professional contracts or business related experience preferred;
- Possess the ability to work with financial systems and calculate dollar exchange rates, discounts, interest, commissions, consumer price index etc.;
- Experience and knowledge in proposal preparation, risk identification and negotiations;
- Knowledge of contract law and its application in the purchasing process is required;
- Must possess strong interpersonal skills, be very detail oriented, have excellent organizational and time management skills;
- Proficiency in MS Excel, MS Word, MS PowerPoint, Adobe Acrobat and other electronic document management systems is required;
- Aviation related contract experience;
- Knowledge of rules and regulations related to U.S. ITARS and Canadian Controls Goods requirements.
Viking provides a complete range of services for the Beaver, Otter, Twin Otter and Dash 7. Services Include:
Spares Sales and Customer...