Manages all aspects of the day-to-day operations of the store, including sales, customer service, recruiting, training, profits, and maintaining store standards. Supervises and manages all store personnel, including implementing and enforcing company policies and procedures and corporate directives. Maintains effective corporate office business partner relationships. Establish control-related standards and procedures.
1. Provides and ensures excellent customer service as outlined in the Vans SKATE training program which includes, but not limited to greeting, fitting/measuring, and assisting with meeting the customers needs and ensuring they experience the full breadth of our product lines
2. Manages payroll and store scheduling within established guidelines to ensure proper coverage based on business needs
3. Trains and motivates associates to achieve maximum sales productivity and ensures that sales plans are achieved
4. Ensures proper sales promotional set-up of store and maintenance of sales floor and stock room to create a neat, clean and well presented store
5. Communicates with Area Manager or District Manager regarding all employee relations, day to day operations and any compliance related matters
6. Adheres to and ensures compliance with all company policies and procedures, standards and practices, regulatory compliance, and company directives are being followed
7. Ensures compliance with all HR/Payroll requirements according to established standards and practices including new hires, rehires, position changes, suspensions, and terminations
8. Recruits, hires, develops and retains store personnel
- Years of Related Professional Experience: 2+.
- Associates Degree (AA) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school; or two years related retail or service-oriented experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Previous multi-unit management and training experience preferred.
- Regularly interacts with the public in an often crowded and noisy interactive store environment
- Standing required for entire work shift Operate office equipment (i.e., computers, pho
ne, fax and copier)
- Must work weekend and night shifts
- Climb ladders as needed
Bend, lift, open, and move product up to 50 pounds as needed
- Occasional travel, often with little advance notice is required (including air and overnight travel less than 15%)