You have a passion to raise the bar in the retirement industry. You are an energetic, motivated leader who is able to inspire others to provide the highest standards of performance and customer service. You will have experience in a similar setting with skills and knowledge in the areas of facilities maintenance, and health and safety. If you are a caring and compassionate individual who takes great pride in making a difference in the lives of our older adults then we are eager to hear from you.
What do you get when a team of experienced industry professionals combine their passion and decide it is time to raise the bar in the retirement living industry? You get V!VA Retirement Communities. At V!VA, we aren’t about grand statements or lofty ideals. We are a group of Canadians committed to bringing the right mix of people together to inspire each other and deliver the highest standards of customer service and performance in the retirement industry. At V!VA we put people first. We are looking for just the right person who shares V!VA’s mission – Making Today Great!
As Maintenance Coordinator for a V!VA Community you will be responsible for overseeing and proactively enhancing the day to day maintenance needs of the Community. The maintenance Coordinator is responsible for overall facility maintenance including building maintenance, plumbing, electrical, carpentry, garbage/Recycling management.
The Maintenance Coordinator will work with the Services Manager and other resources to ensure V!VA provides the best in overall care for its Community Members.You will make working and living at V!VA an awesome experience by continuously working to improve the customer service experience.
- Perform all maintenance-related and improvement projects within the Community.
- Turnovers, general maintenance, repairs, maintaining fire systems, HVAC, grounds upkeep, pool upkeep, and overall upkeep of the Community.
- Repair and maintain paint, carpet, appliances, plumbing, heating & air conditioning throughout the Community.
- Schedule maintenance repairs; perform preventive maintenance and coordinates replacement and new installation activities in a timely manner with minimum disruption to community members.
- Inspect all equipment and systems on a regular basis to ensure proper functioning and safety, including security and emergency systems such as backup generator and cameras.
- Assures the physical plant and grounds are properly maintained in a clean, orderly and safe manner for Community Members, family members and guests comfort and enjoyment, assuring the customer’s expectations are met or exceeded.
- Maintain any and all log books associated with the equipment in accordance V!VA’s policies and procedures.
- Ensure safe and proper storage of all supplies, chemicals, tools and equipment.
- Participates in and attend all in-service training and education programs as scheduled.
- Participates in the Health and Safety Committee
- Other duties as assigned.
- Role model and drive excellence in customer service throughout the Community.
- Minimum 5 years hands-on experience in property and/or facilities maintenance
- Minimum 2 years HVAC, plumbing, electrical, painting and drywall repairs experience
- Post secondary education in a related field or trade is an asset
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; comfortable interacting with management team, Community Members, their families and external services and resources
- Strong computer skills for job-related functions including use of excel, outlook word and various job-related software programs
- Ability to work flexible hours and weekends and be on call for emergencies
- Able to bend, stretch, sit and stand for long periods. Ability to lift a minimum of 50 lbs.
- Valid driver’s license