UTI

UTI Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Productive and fun working environment.
Team member (Former Employee), Brampton, ONMarch 6, 2013
Pros: 3 breaks
Cons: long hours
Work starts at 8am everyday, after signing in there is a meeting where the team leader and sometimes the manager of the department greats everyone and talk about the orders of the day. There is always something new to learn and the co-workers are really helpful. the hardest part of the day will be the closing time, because you have to keep the same working pace all day and tired at the end. The best thing is the people there, they are very friendly and understanding.
a busy/fast pace work environment
Supervisor (Former Employee), Brampton, ONJanuary 7, 2013
a non seasonal distribution company, you have to learn by yourself to approach any situation, handling multiple accounts while other handle single accounts not a balance assignment of work with a same position, a diversified environment of workers. multiple managers/management to report to but to top it all you meet a lot of people to interact with.
Very open mind in everyday improvement work performance and efficiency
Shipping and Receiving Clerk (Former Employee), Brampton, ONDecember 18, 2012
Pros: champion of the month celebration
Cons: not much real communication with co-workers.
Very quiet and well-organized process of work where everybody knows what to do with very little supervision.
We learned to get result as a team rather as individuals but this was depended by individual quality. So we were very collaborated with each-other in solving different problems.
Management level was very good.
In the end of the year the load of work almost doubled and overtime work was necessary.
Every time we took a new product was a chance to know new technology, new features and getting instructions how to solve troubleshoots.
Global team play
Accountant (Current Employee), Mer rouge - port-louis - mauritiusSeptember 17, 2012
working for UTi MRU - is a great challenge - indeed am the only one doing accounting for the MRU branch - there's load of pressure and each day is a new on with it good and bad moment..!! working for UTi have brought to me maturity - guide by the principle and value - which so characterized the company.

i've been given assistance when i want to restart my study.

em proud to say that i work for UTi MRU and being part of a global team.
Depot Manager (Former Employee), Johannesburg, GPJanuary 23, 2015
Pros: good working hours
Cons: high stress job
The company is well established.
They service all four large banks in South Africa.
They set high standard for their managers and ordinary staff menmbers.
All in all it is a wonderfull courier conmapny.
high turn over rate
material handler (Current Employee), camden south carolinaJanuary 22, 2015
Pros: work only 14 days a month
Cons: 12hr rotating shift
very fast pace environment and friendly co workers hardest part when the line gets backed up it slows down production
working for uti
Courteously and professionally assist customers (Former Employee), Lugoff, SCJanuary 16, 2015
Cons: haven only one break with in 12 hours
A typical day at UTI I would start work at 7. From 7am to 8am ill be helping out in the stores area. between the hours of 8 until 10 ill be out making my rounds. from 11 until 1 ill be helping out with unloading trucks. I learn how not to trust no one u work with. I only had a few good coworkers. there was nothing hard about my job. I enjoy every part of my job.
tough working environment
Operations Manager (Former Employee), Dallas, TXJanuary 16, 2015
Cons: too many to list
on your feet for at 12 hours a day
poor worker environment
low pay
Productive and Tireing
Data Captuer and Administrator (Former Employee), Rosslyn, GPJanuary 15, 2015
Pros: lunch at the canteen
Cons: long hours
Always a busy day at work.

I learnt car parts in my time being at UTi. I learned stock take, invoicing, dispatching, receiving , logistics and warehousing.

Managment were always strict, understanding and go getters.

C-workers were friendly.

The hardest was running a operation on my own.

I enjoyed learning and taking charge.
Enjoyed every moment
Hr-Intern (Former Employee), Johannesburg,Kempton ParkJanuary 15, 2015
Pros: lunch with my boss
Cons: don`t have
Log in to my computer,check my emails to see if there is no urgent matter that my boss needs to be done. After I will correspond to emails that I have been sent by my co-wokers. After I will proceed with my filling,submiting necessary documentation to various sites. Then when my boss came I will give a report on what I did and the day will proceed with extra activities and roles.

What I have learnt in UTi is to make your work your priority and always adhere and respect your seniors. Working with such a huge team has taught me that everyone is unique and special, despite the fact that we from different backgrounds.I worked well with co-workers. I enjoyed evry moment of my internship and there no hard parts on the job.
Good working environment
Invoice Clerk (Current Employee), Jet Park, GPJanuary 13, 2015
It is a great environment to work in. It is very client focused and based on delivery of good quality work to clients.
Uti
Machine Operator (Former Employee), Camden, SCJanuary 8, 2015
Uti is a job that keeps you on your feet for 12 hours for 3-4 days out of a week. It keeps you busy.
Courier (Former Employee), Pretoria, GPJanuary 7, 2015
Pros: no free bees
Cons: long hours 6 days a week
My days most of the time were spent on the road going from bank to bank collecting and delivering essentials stationary, waste etc,people i worked with were very great to work with,i have learned a lot about hard work and team work,management will always be great as long as you as an idividual do what is expected from you.
Productive and fun company culture
AIR IMPORTS FORWARDING CONTROLLER (Current Employee), Johannesburg, GPJanuary 7, 2015
Pros: great company culture
Cons: working long hours after work
A typical day at work starts just before 8am and basically ends off at home late at night.
I have learned so much from this company and owe every single thing I know about the Airfreight industry to them. I have also learned a lot about myself and my personality and moreover I have grown as a person and became stronger.

The hardest part of the job is the long hours required as I have to work from home for hours.

The overall culture of the company is really good and fun for youth.
productive workplace
Fork Lift Driver (Former Employee), Dallas, TXDecember 31, 2014
Pros: good work hours
Cons: bad managment, overworked
basic functions where to unload freight received in on the dock and stage it to its specific staging area the daily job function was to ensure the right product was picked and placed in lane for loading workers over all management was pretty unorganized due to lack of staff majority of the work day was simple but could get overwhelming at times due to lack of staff but
Forklift Operator / Team Lead (Former Employee), Grand Island, NEDecember 29, 2014
Pros: was able stay at the cnh plant
Cons: 3rd party logistics
A good place to work allowed for and promoted advancement within the company handed out bonuses or turkey's around the holidays really supportive of making new improvements to the processes.
A safety oriented environment dedicated to safe logistics
Forklift Operator (Former Employee), wilmington,ILDecember 15, 2014
A very calm atmosphere. Management was a constant presence however they were overly involved with contractor/home corp relations that were constantly portrayed thru meetings. It left little time for negotiations for employee compensation and care.
There is a lack of organization with this company.
Yard man (Current Employee), Elyria, OHDecember 15, 2014
This company is very disorganized, management does not communicate effectively. The warehouse is a mess, crates and pallets in the aisle ways.
fun place to work
Import / Export Specialist (Former Employee), Jamaica, NYDecember 7, 2014
At you Uti i work for 12 year , and i really give my respect , honesty. All my experience i give it to UTI.
Exporting, Importing
Accounting Coordinator (Current Employee), Franklin, WIDecember 1, 2014
I never have been in a industry such as logistics. I have learned a lot and gained knowledge. I came in knowing nothing to know what I know today.

1 2 3 4 5

About UTI

UTi Worldwide has no planes or ships of its own, but it moves freight around the world. The company is a leading provider of air – Read more