UTI

UTI Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Productive and fun working environment.
Team member (Former Employee), Brampton, ONMarch 6, 2013
Pros: 3 breaks
Cons: long hours
Work starts at 8am everyday, after signing in there is a meeting where the team leader and sometimes the manager of the department greats everyone and talk about the orders of the day. There is always something new to learn and the co-workers are really helpful. the hardest part of the day will be the closing time, because you have to keep the same – more... working pace all day and tired at the end. The best thing is the people there, they are very friendly and understanding. – less
a busy/fast pace work environment
Supervisor (Former Employee), Brampton, ONJanuary 7, 2013
a non seasonal distribution company, you have to learn by yourself to approach any situation, handling multiple accounts while other handle single accounts not a balance assignment of work with a same position, a diversified environment of workers. multiple managers/management to report to but to top it all you meet a lot of people to interact with.
Very open mind in everyday improvement work performance and efficiency
Shipping and Receiving Clerk (Former Employee), Brampton, ONDecember 18, 2012
Pros: champion of the month celebration
Cons: not much real communication with co-workers.
Very quiet and well-organized process of work where everybody knows what to do with very little supervision.
We learned to get result as a team rather as individuals but this was depended by individual quality. So we were very collaborated with each-other in solving different problems.
Management level was very good.
In the end of the year the load – more... of work almost doubled and overtime work was necessary.
Every time we took a new product was a chance to know new technology, new features and getting instructions how to solve troubleshoots. – less
Global team play
Accountant (Current Employee), Mer rouge - port-louis - mauritiusSeptember 17, 2012
working for UTi MRU - is a great challenge - indeed am the only one doing accounting for the MRU branch - there's load of pressure and each day is a new on with it good and bad moment..!! working for UTi have brought to me maturity - guide by the principle and value - which so characterized the company.

i've been given assistance when i want to restart – more... my study.

em proud to say that i work for UTi MRU and being part of a global team. – less
A safety oriented environment dedicated to safe logistics
Forklift Operator (Former Employee), wilmington,ILDecember 15, 2014
A very calm atmosphere. Management was a constant presence however they were overly involved with contractor/home corp relations that were constantly portrayed thru meetings. It left little time for negotiations for employee compensation and care.
There is a lack of organization with this company.
Yard man (Current Employee), Elyria, OHDecember 15, 2014
This company is very disorganized, management does not communicate effectively. The warehouse is a mess, crates and pallets in the aisle ways.
fun place to work
Import / Export Specialist (Former Employee), Jamaica, NYDecember 7, 2014
At you Uti i work for 12 year , and i really give my respect , honesty. All my experience i give it to UTI.
Exporting, Importing
Accounting Coordinator (Current Employee), Franklin, WIDecember 1, 2014
I never have been in a industry such as logistics. I have learned a lot and gained knowledge. I came in knowing nothing to know what I know today.
Material handler (Former Employee), Lugo, CANovember 25, 2014
pull the tubes and label them and put them on a cart and push them to the next building so they can get wrapped
Fun place to work for!
Reporting Analyst (Former Employee), Johannesburg, GPNovember 23, 2014
Pros: international exposure
Cons: night shift
Wonderful people and management, supportive and reliable.
productivity put first above everything else
Material Handler (Former Employee), Pretoria, GPNovember 18, 2014
Pros: providing of skills
Cons: pressure to dispatch all lines dropped per cutoff
A typical day at work means that everyone must come to the party, every order dropped must be dispatched at the required cutoff times.
overall my co-workers were helpful and fun to work with but the hardest thing about the job was that when a mistake is made then the person accountable for it would have to face severe disciplinary action. I feel that – more... the management fails its employees all the time. Above all it was enjoyable to learn to use the different warehouse machinery and also knowing the different car parts was exciting. – less
Great opportunity
Operation Manager (Former Employee), Centurion, GPNovember 11, 2014
Pros: global
Cons: long hours
I run a tight shift, with military precision and ready for any change.
Interesting yet challenging company
scanner Operator and Invoice checker (Former Employee), Pretoria-Noord, GPNovember 11, 2014
Pros: free lunches and transport when working overtime
Cons: salary was abit low
During my presence at UTI there are so many things that had played a role in my life.

As each and every work is a challenge but its up to you as an individual how you handle pressure and how you deal with negativity that come through your way.

At UTI I had many skills that some of them I still use them in my everyday life.

UTI management was so supportive – more... and caring in a way that you would think they are your family. – less
caring family workplace
Campus Admissions Recruiter (Former Employee), AdmissionsOctober 30, 2014
Great place to work. Comapany really cares about their employees. For Profit education in general is a tough environment
all night
Doffer/Material handler (Former Employee), Lugoff, SCOctober 19, 2014
Pros: great pay with overtime
Cons: 12 hour shifts
The work itself is not hard. Some of the machines are too fast.
Productive and training provider
Admin controller (Current Employee), Kempton Park, GPOctober 16, 2014
Pros: free drinks every second friday
Cons: less pay
-I had a smoth day( with few challenges) at work even though there is one job description which i felt like it was repeating evryday
-I learned how to solve problems,to be independent and also working in a team, Learn to communicate and I also learn to be responsible
-I get along very well with my colegues and we work together very well
- The hardest – more... part of the Job is when the container is hijacked. I need the transporter statement. I need to explain to the client, Insurance and the police need to be involved.And a decision has to be made by management on who will be paying for those containers
- When I meet my target and being – less
Friendly coworker and hard working
Dispatcher/CFS Import (Former Employee), atlanta, gaOctober 15, 2014
Great people to work with

Great communication

Job can be stressful and it can be handle professional

Great Benefits
good working environment
air import gateway (Former Employee), Elk Grove Village, ILOctober 10, 2014
UTi is a good company to work for. Has fast peace environment and many tasks to accomplish during your typical day at work. Management and co-workers are always working along your site helping each other with some obstacles during the day.
Productive work place
Debtors Adminstrator (Current Employee), Johannesburg, GPSeptember 25, 2014
A typical day at work, fast environment and stressful very stressful- deadline driven, having targets set for that specific day. I have learned allot advanced my skills, Excel and Grew Stronger and wiser as a person. My Co workers are great to work with, we always there to help one another out when needed. The hardest part of my job, there is no hardest – more... part which I believe as one has the capability to do whatever you put your mind to do. – less
No room for advancement
Export Compliance Agent I & II (Current Employee), Lawrenceville, GASeptember 5, 2014
I've experienced no encouragement or room to grow in this field.
No educational benefits.

1 2 3 4 5

About UTI

UTi Worldwide has no planes or ships of its own, but it moves freight around the world. The company is a leading provider of air – Read more