UTI

UTI Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
a busy/fast pace work environment
Supervisor (Former Employee), Brampton, ONJanuary 7, 2013
a non seasonal distribution company, you have to learn by yourself to approach any situation, handling multiple accounts while other handle single accounts not a balance assignment of work with a same position, a diversified environment of workers. multiple managers/management to report to but to top it all you meet a lot of people to interact with.
Very open mind in everyday improvement work performance and efficiency
Shipping and Receiving Clerk (Former Employee), Brampton, ONDecember 18, 2012
Pros: champion of the month celebration
Cons: not much real communication with co-workers.
Very quiet and well-organized process of work where everybody knows what to do with very little supervision.
We learned to get result as a team rather as individuals but this was depended by individual quality. So we were very collaborated with each-other in solving different problems.
Management level was very good.
In the end of the year the load – more... of work almost doubled and overtime work was necessary.
Every time we took a new product was a chance to know new technology, new features and getting instructions how to solve troubleshoots. – less
Global team play
Accountant (Current Employee), Mer rouge - port-louis - mauritiusSeptember 17, 2012
working for UTi MRU - is a great challenge - indeed am the only one doing accounting for the MRU branch - there's load of pressure and each day is a new on with it good and bad moment..!! working for UTi have brought to me maturity - guide by the principle and value - which so characterized the company.

i've been given assistance when i want to restart – more... my study.

em proud to say that i work for UTi MRU and being part of a global team. – less
good team work
Forklift Operator (Former Employee), Graniteville, SCJuly 15, 2014
Pros: plenty of hours
Cons: attitudes
was very fast pace and not hard to do at all. responsible for loading and unloading materials on and off of trucks and containers. also storing the materials in the proper fashion as they came in. Worked on forklift, clamp and pole
Best company to work for. Wide career range
Clerk (Former Employee), EdenvaleJuly 15, 2014
Working hours and stuff were good. Except angry customers there were not much challenges. The work was most challenging as you had to meet clients and customer needs but it was fun and enjoyable. Management and stuff were great as they all had respects for our different culture, relegion and believes. They were none sexiest nor racist.
Physically demanding job, no time off.
GENERAL WAREHOUSE ASSOCIATE (Current Employee), Laurens, SCJune 23, 2014
Pros: incentive pay
Cons: heavy work load, mandatory overtime, high temperature, little to no time off.
Prepare to work the entire shift doing physical labor.
Huge turnover rate
No time off, Schedule is supposed to be Sunday night through Thursday morning and we've worked almost every single Friday night too. So you have no time for your family and anything else you may need to get done. You're just another number to them.
Fair and reasonable place to work
Manager (Current Employee), Johannesburg, GPJune 19, 2014
Acquired many skills over the years spent at UTi as indicated in my CV. Managed to grow up to the point of Manager but no further growth.
Fun and stresses in the work environment
Learnership (Supply Chain) (Current Employee), Port Elizabeth, ECMay 21, 2014
Pros: going out for lunches ana making braai's
Cons: long hours and loads of work
My day are always good because have the most nice , and easy to getalong co-workers . I always learn new things since my mentor trys to expose me to every part of the business .

Management are the best because is my mentor and anything at my interest hardest part or let me say stressful part of the job is sometimes not knowing whats expected of me – more... or not fully undertsanding the work I have been given .

When we as workers have nice chats and braai's to not break the bond and when we have achieved projects that is a great feeling to us as workers that our efforts are appreciated. – less
no fun at all due to the fact that we worke at night without corresponding
ADMIN CLECK (Current Employee), Johannesburg, GPMay 14, 2014
Pros: n/a
Cons: long hours
I used to do same thing everyday and for it was not quiet a challenge so was getting bored sometimes, because i am one type of a person who loves challenges and exploring new things.one important thing i learnt was time-management and that really made me realise how important time is especially in meeting deadlines. The relationship i had with management – more... and my co-workers was good if i must say because we respected one another regardless of background, religion and e.tc.Working at night for 2 years without changing that was the hardest part,but nevertheless i enjoyed. – less
Conducive work enviroment
zone controller (Current Employee), Johannesburg, GPMay 13, 2014
Pros: conducive work enviroment
Cons: long hours
I AM ABLE TO WORK ACCURATELY UNDER PRESSURE AND POSSESS GOOD ORGANISATIONAL AND DECISION MAKING SKILLS. I AM ALSO ABLE TO WORK INDEPENDENTLY, TAKE INITIATIVE, ACT IN A PURPOSEFUL AND FIRM MANNER AND COMMUNICATE WITH PEOPLE ON ALL LEVELS, I HAVE GOOD PLANNING AND CO-ORDINATION SKILLS AND VERY GOOD INTER-PERSONAL RELATIONS, I ALSO LEAD BY EXAMPLE.
Good place to work and grow
Accounts Receivable Analyst (Current Employee), Edenvale, GPApril 28, 2014
Cons: month end for a week, working hours are 8am to 8pm
UTi is a global company, and alot can be learnt working at UTi.
At the moment they are ungoing a transition period taking on more countries by the month.

This office in Johannesburg is one there three Financial shared service centers in the world.

My staff of 6 Account Receivable Specialist work very hard and long hours to ensure not only that our – more... work is always up to date but also that we go the extra mile to help our clients so that querys coming our way are kept to a minumal.

Month end is long hours and alot of effort put in, but my staff know the end result and therefore are determined to make target and deadlines.

Time off is given for extra hours worked. – less
great crew to work with
Heavy Equipment Operator (Former Employee), Anchorage AlaskaApril 27, 2014
Pros: great place to work
Cons: seasonal
Great place to work, crew places high priority on doing a good clean job
Safety , Quality,Production
Operational Supervisor/ Safety (Former Employee), Dallas, TXApril 22, 2014
Pros: motivating co-workers
I really enjoyed working with UTI, spend eight years with the company traviling state to state awarded 3PL of Year twice.learned how to manage assoc to be best. Productivity was good safety was good, training assoc on forklift handling safety incidents. Overall a good experience,durning my stay with UTI I experienced a number of GM's and I;ll say the – more... last one not favorable. – less
We had fun
Business admin (Former Employee), Kempton Park, GPApril 22, 2014
Pros: yes we had those
Cons: long hours when is needed
Lots of fun when comes to work the fun its over its work all the way,but i enjoy so much working for uti..
Spacious, Safe, and Productive work area
Doffer (Former Employee), Lugoff, SCApril 8, 2014
Every day was good there. You learn something new about the system every day. How you can put the package in or how you correct an error. My manager was very helpful. Even when the machines was running to fast she came out and help me. My co-workers was the same. The only hard part was twelve hours. Every thing was good. The machine ran slow most of – more... the time, which gave me time to help others or rest and watch my machines run. – less
fun and productive
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee), Sturtevant, WIApril 7, 2014
great co-workers, fun atmosphere. pleasure to work for. typical day included generating and processing specialized orders. handing orders out to the floor to be picked.
Positive workplace
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Sturtevant, WIApril 1, 2014
Pros: coworkers
Cons: health insurance cost
Great social environment
Hands on with the client
Hardest part of the job is trying to make everyone happy all of the time
productive place to work in
Contact Centre Supervisor (Current Employee), CEMarch 14, 2014
Pros: learning experience
Cons: very streesful at times
• Dealing with escalations
• Making sure that team measures are met at all times.
• Coaching and training of agents if training is required.
• Analyse stats and do daily, weekly and monthly report.
• Compiling of Disciplinary report and send to relevant stake holders
• Managing a team of 10 agents
• Quality assessing and monitoring of stats
• Building – more... a successful team
• Analysing trend and addressing tem – less
great working environment
Forklift Operator (Former Employee), Braselton, GAMarch 7, 2014
I enjoyed working with the other employees and management.
Data Capturer (Former Employee), Johannesburg, GPMarch 5, 2014
Pros: productive
Cons: same thing every day
Productive.................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

1 2 3 4 5

About UTI

UTi Worldwide has no planes or ships of its own, but it moves freight around the world. The company is a leading provider of air – Read more