UTi Worldwide Employee Reviews in Canada

Mellow but slow
Order Picker and Packer (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ONJanuary 4, 2016
Work was very calm and mellow at first which wasn't good considering we had to complete a specific amount of orders per day. We usually had to rush it last minute or stay late to complete said orders when we could of been pushed more to work hard. Not enough discipline in the warehouse to keep a consistent production. Managers were not bad, however they did lack leadership skills. I did learn a lot like how to work an RF scanner, Shipping, Receiving, And Order Picking. Only a select few of co-workers were hard working and great to work with, majority of the people would slack and not pick up the pace which was very stressful for the company overall. Hardest part of the job was basically doing ones job and then someone elses job, picking up other people slack made it hard. Enjoyable part of the job was the few people that were great team players, patient to teach and train and hard working that helped us make it through the day.
Pros
Great People, Free food events
Cons
Lots of overtime
good for multitaskers
Cross Border Brokerage (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ONFebruary 26, 2016
management is very generous. 24 hours shift work. be prepared for doing two things at once. everyone works very hard. office facilities are well equipped.
Challenging Job
Inventory Control Coordinator (Former Employee) –  London, ONAugust 5, 2016
I was very busy in this job lots of different tasks to occupy my day. The people I worked with were great but management was poor.
Hardest part of the job was keeping up the balance of inventory in a batch managed system. The most enjoyable part of the job was reconciling errors.
Productive and Fun workplace
Manager - Ocean Freight (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONMay 11, 2016
Overall management and people is nice to wotrk with. Great coworker. More challenges which I always love to take. Great work enviornment
Pros
Cons
Far from home
Do not waste your time
Replenishment Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ONJanuary 14, 2016
Terrible place to work, never ever go to apply this place , they keep you on contracts many times till you get full time and even after full time no change in monetary gains .
Pros
you can take your breaks a your convenience
Cons
on season too much over time
Productive and friendly workplace
Order Fulfillment Team Member (Current Employee) –  Brampton, OntarioOctober 1, 2015
I enjoy everyday working with UTI. Fun work place with supportiveCo-workers and Management. Never get bored of doing same thing because we get chance to learn different tasks to perform with team.
Pros
Free Tea / Coffe
Very open mind in everyday improvement work performance and efficiency
Shipping and Receiving Clerk (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ONDecember 18, 2012
Very quiet and well-organized process of work where everybody knows what to do with very little supervision.
We learned to get result as a team rather as individuals but this was depended by individual quality. So we were very collaborated with each-other in solving different problems.
Management level was very good.
In the end of the year the load of work almost doubled and overtime work was necessary.
Every time we took a new product was a chance to know new technology, new features and getting instructions how to solve troubleshoots.
Pros
champion of the month celebration
Cons
not much real communication with co-workers.
Productive and fun working environment.
Team member (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ONMarch 6, 2013
Work starts at 8am everyday, after signing in there is a meeting where the team leader and sometimes the manager of the department greats everyone and talk about the orders of the day. There is always something new to learn and the co-workers are really helpful. the hardest part of the day will be the closing time, because you have to keep the same working pace all day and tired at the end. The best thing is the people there, they are very friendly and understanding.
Pros
3 breaks
Cons
a busy/fast pace work environment
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ONJanuary 7, 2013
a non seasonal distribution company, you have to learn by yourself to approach any situation, handling multiple accounts while other handle single accounts not a balance assignment of work with a same position, a diversified environment of workers. multiple managers/management to report to but to top it all you meet a lot of people to interact with.
Great team to work with
Order Picker (Former Employee) –  London, ONSeptember 9, 2013
The team on the floor are a great group. all get along well. At times work/life balance can get tough due to too many orders for a such a small team
Global team play
Accountant (Current Employee) –  Mer rouge - port-louis - mauritiusSeptember 17, 2012
working for UTi MRU - is a great challenge - indeed am the only one doing accounting for the MRU branch - there's load of pressure and each day is a new on with it good and bad moment..!! working for UTi have brought to me maturity - guide by the principle and value - which so characterized the company.

i've been given assistance when i want to restart my study.

em proud to say that i work for UTi MRU and being part of a global team.
fun productive and keeps you moving along
Orderfulfillment/Returns/Inventory (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ONApril 25, 2013
very good place to work and meet lots of people and nothing is to hard to learn Me uhm more of a hands on learner~
Pros
we bring our own lunches as well there is a canteen truck that does come by.
Cons
no hours are pretty good 8-5 hours
Fun to use computers
Packer (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ONDecember 10, 2014
-Packer
-Picker
Working on the computer and cellphones
Packing the cell phones and scanning them