UTC Aerospace Systems

UTC Aerospace Systems Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Ability for future advancement should you wish to achieve
Client Service Representative (Former Employee), Oakville, ONSeptember 23, 2014
There are many area's and location of UTC to which the aerospace division was one of them. The management with whom I worked was friendly, supportive and expected the best from you.

Should you wish to advance within the company or even learn different roles/departments there is that opportunity to work with several departments to learn different aspects of the job.
De-burr Technician/Machine Operator (Former Employee), Oakville, ONSeptember 9, 2014
Pros: cafeteria, leaf ticket draws
Cons: shift work, poor management
Equal opportunities to advance, busy days, management was somewhat disorganized but kept things running, good co-workers, hardest part of the job is staying awake on nightshift, enjoyable part of the job is learning something new.
New things to learn everyday.
Metallurgical Engineering Co-op (Former Employee), Oakville, ONMarch 25, 2014
It was a good experience.Management was supportive.It involved practical and theoretical aspects of engineering.
Company is much to focussed on looking "Lean" rather than putting out the work which pays the bills.
Employee (Former Employee), Burlington, Ont, CanadaJanuary 31, 2014
Managers are bobble heads. No freedom of expression there. You will be labelled a bad apple if you disagree with a process. It’s our way or the highway. Managers do not know how to talk to employees like humans. They mostly rule by the fist rather than by using employee engagement. We are the best resource people! We know more than anybody else, how our environment revolves and where the defects are. We don't go to work to fail! We want to make suggestions that work best for all. The team working in the Burlington plant are top notch. I can honestly say most people there do not like their managers and just show up to produce and get paid. Robots. The leader is vain and wants to look fierce. Just a stepping stone for something better to come. It was once a fun place to work. Everybody had fun and laughed. Ever since UTAS took over, it went downhill very fast. DAM you! There's nothing wrong with working and laughing. Makes for a very productive environment! It's gotten Amerisized! Not sure what else to say. Had my share of great times, and dark time. Keep my head low and under the radar. COME ON 3PM!
cool place to temp if you can get hired
Inventory clerk (Former Employee), riverside caDecember 5, 2013
Pros: pay
Cons: clique oriented
I was a temp @ this company in an inventory capacity and the people I worked with were cool but, my immediate manager was ignorant.
Friendly co-workers and clean environment
Performance Engineer (Intern) (Former Employee), Oakville, ONNovember 28, 2013
Satisfying challenges and helpful co-workers. I learned ADAMS design and simulation as well as basic CATIA knowledge. My report writing and communication skills improved a lot both professionally and friendly. The hardest part of the job was meeting the deadlines on time when most of the day was spent on updating management on our progress.
Now utc aerospace. Good company but lot of favoritisum.
Manufacturing Tech. (Current Employee), OakvilleOctober 9, 2013
Old managment style.

No respect for hard work. Too much buddy buddy culture.
Overall good pay benefits but seem like utc is more about profits than goodrich
Excellent place to work
Strategic Operations & Materials Planner/Buyer (Current Employee), Oakville, ONAugust 5, 2013
Great people to work with busy busy but i have great time, long days buy i enjoy working.
Over nineteen years of experience in procurement and inventory control
Buyer/Planner level II (Current Employee), OakvilleJune 23, 2013
Pros: it a great company to work for.
Cons: i would like to relocate out of the city to cobourg
Over nineteen years of experience in procurement and inventory control, promoting cost savings, lean manufacturing and lowering inventory levels. A hands-on team player, who thrives on challenges to reduce cost and develop partnership with the suppliers.