UTC Aerospace Systems Employee Reviews

former engineering employee, Oakville, ON
engineering (Former Employee) –  Oakville, ON5 November 2016
As a been there done that reviewer, I have to fully agree with the previous review. If they hire permanent employees they are looking for 'yes men' and robots. They are making a very visible transition to contractors and letting go of employees, even long time employees, under the guise of 'workforce reductions' if they find it cheaper to use contractors. Salary and benefits are good (at present) but that fact is tempered with self serving bullies for managers who only look to pass on their work to their subordinates. Contrary to some of the positive reviews, there is no laughter or camaraderie but a lot of backstabbing, gossip and a very self serving culture. A huge change from the days as Goodrich where they promoted their 'people philosophy' where now you are truly only a number. Job security is non existent and the only way I would recommend taking a position with the company is to gain experience and move on.
Pros
free coffee, good salary/benefits, cafeteria
Cons
breaks frowned upon/discouraged, poor management, self serving culture
QA, manager is the biggest bulley known to managers.
Inspector (Former Employee) –  Mirabel, QC27 October 2016
I was a former contract worker always promised to be full time. I was never informed on hour changes , force to put up QA manager that knew nothing about aircraft. All in all McDonald's restaurant treatment is far better with the same pay.
Pros
Cons
Everything, management
professional and fast paced
Assembly and Test Technician (Current Employee) –  Oakville, ON1 August 2016
professional co workers,team players and goal driven .Typical day at work would be to find out what needs to be done and do it .We are not supervised at U>T>C. everyone knows what needs to done .Hardest part of the job would be month end deliveries and part shortages.and how we need to position our team in order to achieve our goals..
Pros
free coffee and breaks any time you want them
Cons
part shortages and early mornings (1 a.m)
Now utc aerospace. Good company but lot of favoritisum.
Manufacturing Tech. (Current Employee) –  Oakville9 October 2013
Old managment style.

No respect for hard work. Too much buddy buddy culture.
Overall good pay benefits but seem like utc is more about profits than goodrich
Ability for future advancement should you wish to achieve
Client Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Oakville, ON23 September 2014
There are many area's and location of UTC to which the aerospace division was one of them. The management with whom I worked was friendly, supportive and expected the best from you.

Should you wish to advance within the company or even learn different roles/departments there is that opportunity to work with several departments to learn different aspects of the job.
Friendly co-workers and clean environment
Performance Engineer (Intern) (Former Employee) –  Oakville, ON28 November 2013
Satisfying challenges and helpful co-workers. I learned ADAMS design and simulation as well as basic CATIA knowledge. My report writing and communication skills improved a lot both professionally and friendly. The hardest part of the job was meeting the deadlines on time when most of the day was spent on updating management on our progress.
De-burr Technician/Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Oakville, ON9 September 2014
Equal opportunities to advance, busy days, management was somewhat disorganized but kept things running, good co-workers, hardest part of the job is staying awake on nightshift, enjoyable part of the job is learning something new.
Pros
Cafeteria, Leaf ticket draws
Cons
Shift work, poor management
New things to learn everyday.
Metallurgical Engineering Co-op (Former Employee) –  Oakville, ON25 March 2014
It was a good experience.Management was supportive.It involved practical and theoretical aspects of engineering.
Company is much to focussed on looking "Lean" rather than putting out the work which pays the bills.
Employee (Former Employee) –  Burlington, Ont, Canada31 January 2014
Managers are bobble heads. No freedom of expression there. You will be labelled a bad apple if you disagree with a process. It’s our way or the highway. Managers do not know how to talk to employees like humans. They mostly rule by the fist rather than by using employee engagement. We are the best resource people! We know more than anybody else, how our environment revolves and where the defects are. We don't go to work to fail! We want to make suggestions that work best for all. The team working in the Burlington plant are top notch. I can honestly say most people there do not like their managers and just show up to produce and get paid. Robots. The leader is vain and wants to look fierce. Just a stepping stone for something better to come. It was once a fun place to work. Everybody had fun and laughed. Ever since UTAS took over, it went downhill very fast. DAM you! There's nothing wrong with working and laughing. Makes for a very productive environment! It's gotten Amerisized! Not sure what else to say. Had my share of great times, and dark time. Keep my head low and under the radar. COME ON 3PM!
Over nineteen years of experience in procurement and inventory control
Buyer/Planner level II (Current Employee) –  Oakville23 June 2013
Over nineteen years of experience in procurement and inventory control, promoting cost savings, lean manufacturing and lowering inventory levels. A hands-on team player, who thrives on challenges to reduce cost and develop partnership with the suppliers.
Pros
It a great company to work for.
Cons
I would like to relocate out of the city to Cobourg
cool place to temp if you can get hired
Inventory clerk (Former Employee) –  riverside ca5 December 2013
I was a temp @ this company in an inventory capacity and the people I worked with were cool but, my immediate manager was ignorant.
Pros
pay
Cons
clique oriented
Excellent place to work
Strategic Operations & Materials Planner/Buyer (Current Employee) –  Oakville, ON5 August 2013
Great people to work with busy busy but i have great time, long days buy i enjoy working.