usg

usg Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
MY EXPERIENCE
Java J2EE Technical Lead (Current Employee), Weehawken, NJApril 6, 2015
Its my honor to be a part of this company,i feel like i am working with my family,its really an honor and my pleasure to be a part of such an awesome company.
worst ever.
driver (Former Employee), little rockApril 6, 2015
Pros: nothing
Cons: nothing
DontDont ever work here, TRUST ME!! This job is not a good job, if this was the last job on earth i would jump off any bridge.
USG Otsego Paper is an employer people are proud to call theirs.
Team member. (Current Employee), Otsego, MI.January 18, 2015
Pros: tustworthy co workers. superior pay and benefits.
Cons: production rotates shifts which may be difficult for some.
USG Otsego Paper offers Superior wages, Superior benefits, and you have the opportunity to work with people who actually care about the success of the company as a whole.

Of course every job has it's good and bad days, but at USG Otsego Paper, you have 99% good days. Employees from management on down to the newest hire are respected as people and treated well. This paper mill is the epitome of teamwork and collaboration.

Obviously you will start at an entry level position and it will usually take you a while to advance, but you will get raises as you learn, attendance bonuses, production bonuses, floating holidays off the bat, a weeks vacation after 6 months, and a lot of perks of working for a multi billion dollar worldwide company.

If you care about yourself and your family, this company is for you. You can come to work and know your co workers are interested in your success. This is a place that hires and expects the best.
Jobs within the department are challenging, depending on what job it is.
Production operator (Current Employee), Gypsum, OhioOctober 7, 2014
Pros: great pay, incentive bonuses, and great people
Cons: scheduling and a little bit of a family work life issue.
USG is a good company to work for. When looking into a place of employment individuals applying for a job ask themselves what is the pay? How about the hours? And do they have good benefits? In my current experience with the company those questions are all met. The pay is actually very good. The hours are decent but that's always a give and take depending on business. As for the benefits, USG has a pretty good setup as in insurance, incentive bonuses, and just all around appreciation for its employees. Not always is the job rainbows and sunshine but I think financially and security wise USG can give you that. The company has been around for over 100 yrs and hasn't went belly up. That's something to be looked at when applying here. Sure certain departments got downsized but that's just how things work with businesses and the economy. I would encourage individuals to think about emolument here. I currently work in the Gypsum Fiber Products department in Gypsum, Ohio.
All companies
anonymous (Current Employee), Chicago, ILSeptember 7, 2014
Pros: great relationships with great people, work from home 1 day a week, some departments get summer hours
Cons: all companies have both.
All companies have their rules, regulations and standards. All companies have strengths and weaknesses.
good experience
security officer (Former Employee), Abu Dhabi, AZAugust 7, 2014
Pros: free lunch and dinner
Cons: long working hours, no laundary
work at the hotel under united security group has helped me expand my work ethics and dealing with guests of all walks of life,e,g Rude, hostile, polite and humble. Co-workers are a great supportive time, but communication is a big problem< long working hours with little pay. above all team work is a great experience
THIS COMPANY WILL BREAK YOU DOWN
HELPER (Former Employee), LITTLE ROCK ARJuly 28, 2014
I WORK FOR THE L&W YARD IN LITTLE AS A HELPER AND IT WAS ONE OF THE BADDEST JOB I HAD...
U ONLY MAKE 9 DOLLARS WITHOUT A RISE AND THE MANGER OVER THERE SUCK HE TRY TO WORK U LIKE A SLAVE FOR THAT 9 DOLLARS AND WANT U TO BE HAPPY ABOUT IT
I WOULD SENDED NO ONE U LIKE TO WORK FOR THEM
Was a productive work place where I had oportunity to work with PLC's
Maintenance Electrician (Former Employee), El Centro, CAMarch 25, 2014
USG was a good place to work because I learned a lot but the only problem was a lack of team work from my coworkers
Productive room for growth work area
Senior Accounts Marketing Manager (Current Employee), East Orange, NJMarch 20, 2014
Good place to work. Caring environment and people are friendly.
good company
Branch Administrator (Current Employee), Chicago, ILMarch 11, 2014
Pros: free lunches
Cons: long hours
Good benefits, challenging. Long commute. The typical day may include just about anything. Very busy at various intervals. Good workers, good management.
Great company and culture, business is cyclical
Project Manager LinX (Former Employee), Chicago, ILJune 18, 2013
Pros: large company with small company feel
Cons: cyclical business
USG is a great company but unfortunately it is tied to the cyclical housing market.

July 16, 2013

Worked for USG for 2.5 years at their new plant in Norfolk. For a brand new plant it is one of the worst I have seen. Weekly maintenance was fixing the same problems over and over and over again. Plant manager wasn't interested in a solution just wanted to get things put back together so plant could run. Maintenance shop crew went from maintenance to production because of management ideas to save a buck. Production would want you to adjust board spec numbers during a shift so boards would meet specs when entered into computer database. Waste pile behind plant from bad board is almost bigger than the plant. Worst job I ever had. Co workers were the best except for the suck ups. City crew broke a water pipe that feeds the plant and shut it down for the day and plant manager says" it's an act of GOD" so USG won't have to pay people that were showing up for the next shift 4 hours minimum. Plant manager is the stupidest man I ever meet in my life. I could go on and on and on.

USG is a great place to work because of the trainning, safety classes and bonuses at the end of each quarter.
Lift operator/maintenance technician (Former Employee), Greenville, MSJanuary 13, 2013
Pros: great compensation and co-workers
Cons: not enough health benifits
USG is a great place to work. It has a very productive and energetic atmosphere for a career and upper advancement. It is at the fore front of new age technology when it comes to how fiberglass and sheetrock are made, produced, shipped and used throughout the world. USG operates in 11 states and 27 different countries with each one having its own potiential flare for production and most of all safety. USG as a whole has been operating safely wit no OSHA recordable since April 30, 2001 and remains one of the top rate safest places to work in the world.
bedrijf volop aan het reorganiseren als gevolg van verdergaande kostenbeheersing
Accountant (Senior medewerker grootboek) (Former Employee), AlmereSeptember 2, 2014
Pros: veel verlofdagen, goede restauratieve voorzieningen
Cons: veel verschillende automatiseringssystemen, niet altijd goed functionerend.
werkzaam bij het SSC, aardige collega's die zich bewust zijn van de problematiek waar de directie mee belast is. Echter onvoldoende terugkoppeling vanuit directie waardoor er een leemte is tussen theorie en praktijk.
Werkzaamheden staan steeds in het teken van het periodiek opleveren van cijfers, dit beïnvloedt ook de invulling van verlof.
Klein bedrijf waar ieder elkaar kende
Systeem beheerder (Former Employee), Amsterdam, NHMay 13, 2014
Usg was een detacheringsbedrijf Ik werkte bij USG ook al voor
centric.