Sports and Urban Entertainment Intern
Large online publishing company specializing in the creation and distribution of sports and urban entertainment content is looking to the fill the position of “Editorial Intern – NBA & Urban Entertainment”
The position involves working with an established editorial team, and is an excellent opportunity for new grads or candidates seeking experience with online publishing. Our publications are linked to established media outlets, record labels, artists and publicity agents in the sports and entertainment industries.
- Coordinating with the Editorial Team Lead to plan, brainstorm, and assign great online content.
- Contributing to the editorial calendar for original articles and features
- Collaborating with content editors to publish aggregated online content (NBA, NCAA, and Hip-Hop)
- Publishing NBA and Hip-Hop content via an online publishing program, similar to WordPress
- Driving Social Media promotions of site content (Twitter, Facebook, Google+, Instagram etc.)
- Working closely with management to align editorial content with company objectives
- Ensuring quality control and up-to-the minute coverage of site content and updates
- Serving as a creative resource for all of Urbanlinx Media’s web properties
- Writing press releases and promotional copy as needed
- Background in English, Communication Studies or Journalism preferred.
- Expert knowledge of Basketball (NBA), Hip Hop Music and Urban Entertainment.
- Strong news sense and entrepreneurial spirit.
-Strong managerial and organizational skills
-Ability to manage an editorial calendar and coordinate writing assignments
- Ability to work autonomously or in a small group setting.
- Ability to multitask and meet deadlines a must.
- Thorough command of the English language.
- Excellent writing skills (press releases, original articles, news).
- Quick study and strong computer skills.
- Must be a competent researcher.
- Candidate must be Internet savvy; experience updating web content through WordPress or similar- a definite asset.
- Writing keyword-optimized content for search engine optimization, an asset.
- Basic Photoshop skills a definite asset.
We are looking for energetic, career focused individuals seeking press-related experience in a highly creative environment. Idea sharing is welcome.
Please email resume, availability and cover letter (sample works an asset).
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only candidates under consideration will be contacted. No telephone calls please. No agency calls or emails.