Marketing & Social Media Intern
Urbanlinx Media Inc, a company specializing in the development and marketing of highly trafficked online publications within the Urban Music and Entertainment Industries, is currently seeking a full-time “Marketing & Social Media Intern.”
If you are a passionate and driven individual and would like firsthand experience working in the music, entertainment and online publishing industries, then Urbanlinx is the place for you. Our company fosters a fast-paced, fun, challenging and creative environment that rewards leadership, hard work and innovation.
- The candidate will work with the Marketing Manager to promote content and engage audiences across different social media platforms.
- They will create visuals, organize contests and engage directly in online conversations to develop user communities, increase brand awareness and encourage authentic sharing of content through social movements and campaigns built around our digital content.
- The candidate should be familiar with best practices in forum posting, keywords and hashtags as well as familiarity with the following platforms: YouTube, Facebook, Twitter, Hootsuite, Pintrest, Tumblr, Foursquare and more.
- Interns will create monthly social channel insight reports that highlight their efforts on social channel projects and campaigns as well as highlighting user reactions and engagement.
- You will be involved in translating user insights into new campaigns and programs and will work with the marketing and editorial teams to brainstorm and implement new ideas.
- The ideal candidate should have an extensive knowledge of and passion for the urban culture, i.e. urban music (Hip Hop, R&B), entertainment, current trends, fashion, celebrity news & gossip etc.
- They will have demonstrated experience or a deep interest in social media and building an audience around content. If you a blog or other social media platform you have developed (Twitter, Facebook or Tumblr), we want to see it.
- You should be passionate about emerging trends and technology online and how they can be used to tell stories and build enduring online communities.
- Candidates must be able to multi-task, prioritize research, meet deadlines, and work within a fast-paced project-oriented environment.
- Candidates MUST have strong English writing skills in order to draft press releases, internal documents or marketing materials.
- We are looking for interns who are available full-time. This is a full time paid intern position, with a strong potential for advancement for individuals who excel in our work environment.
- This position would be a good fit for majors in marketing, journalism, creative writing or with an advertising background.
This is an excellent opportunity for new grads or candidates seeking experience with online publishing, emphasizing on music and entertainment. Our publications are linked to established media outlets, record labels, artists and publicity agents in the music and entertainment industries.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only candidates under consideration will be contacted. No telephone calls please. No agency calls or emails.
Urbanlinx Media (www.urban-linx.com) is a network of premium urban entertainment and lifestyle websites with 100+ million page views and 10+...