Urbanlinx Media Inc., a Leading Online Publication Company within the music and entertainment industries,
is seeking a full-time "Marketing & Public Relations Intern" for the spring and summer periods.
If you are a passionate and driven individual and would like firsthand experience working in the music, entertainment and online publishing industries, then Urbanlinx is the place for you. Our company fosters a fast-paced, fun, challenging and creative environment that rewards leadership, hard work and innovation.
- The Intern will work with the Marketing Manager to promote content and engage audiences across Urbanlinx’s web properties and social media platforms.
- They will assist in the creation of visuals, organize contests and engage directly in online conversations to develop user communities, increase brand awareness and encourage authentic sharing of content through social movements and campaigns built around our digital content.
- They will interface with entertainment publicists and managers to assist with media and event
- They will assist the editorial team with the promotion of website content, seeking new ways of targeting
and reaching readers across social media.
- MUST have strong English writing skills in order to assist with editorial content development, press releases, internal documents and marketing materials.
- Knowledge of urban culture, i.e. urban music (Hip Hop, R&B), entertainment, current trends, fashion, celebrity news & gossip.
- Knowledge of sports, particularly basketball and the NBA is a major asset.
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize, research, meet deadlines, and work within a fast-paced project-oriented environment.
- Familiar with social media best practices using keywords, hashtags and posting content.
- Strong user knowledge of Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube and Tumblr.
- Passionate about emerging trends and online technology and how they can be used to build enduring online communities.
This position is a good fit for majors in Marketing, Communications, Journalism, Creative writing or with an Advertising background and an excellent opportunity for new grads or candidates seeking experience in online publishing, music and entertainment. Our publications are linked to established media outlets, record labels, artists and publicity agents in the music and entertainment industries.
To apply, please reply with your resume, cover letter and availability.
Visit the corporate site at: www.urban-linx.com
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only candidates under consideration will be contacted.
No telephone calls please. No agency calls or emails.