Urbanlinx Media Inc. is an online publication firm specializing in the creation and distribution of urban music and entertainment content. As a leader in its activity sector and as part of a growing team, Urbanlinx is searching for a full-time "Managing Editor ".
This bright and forward thinking individual should have strong writing skills, with a background in journalism, online publishing, creative writing or marketing. They should exhibit strong managerial potential and the ability to coordinate a team of writers - from creative assignments, to scheduling, to publishing deadlines.
This candidate must have excellent current knowledge of Hip Hop music and urban culture. We are looking for someone who understands the urban entertainment vertical, who knows the best presentation techniques, who gets what content resonates online and who has the communication, technical, advocacy and organizational skills to get it done.
- Excellent knowledge of Hip Hop and Urban Entertainment, knowledge of NBA is a major asset
- Strong managerial skills - ability to coordinate a team of writers and organize the editorial calendar
- Excellent writing skills, proofreading, copy editing, developmental editing and editing for SEO
- Strong Leadership and organizational skills
- Very comfortable using various Social Media platforms to drive editorial awareness (mainly Twitter, Facebook and Instagram).
- Must be able to drive and convey visual concepts relating to editorial projects (knowledge of branding and complimentary photos for articles)
- Very strong attention to detail and sense of urgency
- Ability to multi-task and meet deadlines
- College or University degree in a related field or equivalent work experience is required
- Coordinating the planning and team meetings to brainstorm and assign great online content.
- Collaborating with content editors to publish aggregated online content (music, videos, news and original articles)
- Liaising with publicists, music managers and major label contacts for exclusive music content.
- Managing the editorial calendar for original articles and features
- Publishing content via an online publishing program, similar to WordPress
- Driving Social Media promotions of site content (Twitter, Facebook, Google+, Instagram etc.)
- Working closely with management to align editorial content with company objectives
- Ensuring quality control and up-to-the minute coverage of site content and updates
- Serving as a creative resource for all of Urbanlinx Media's web properties
- Writing press releases and promotional copy as needed
This job is for the editorial and media junkie who lives in the moment and is passionate about the online audience and experience. At the same time, you need to help us move forward in how we write, edit, organize and present content to digital audiences. We want you to work closely with content creators on new ideas and experiences. We want you to bring fresh ideas to the organization. Experiment. Suggest. Lead.
To apply, please ATTACH your resume and cover letter, as well as writing samples.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only candidates under consideration will be contacted. No telephone calls please. No agency calls or emails.