Urbanlinx Media - headquartered in Montreal, Canada, a portfolio company that owns and operates online publications within the urban music and entertainment industries, is currently seeking a Director of Online Advertising Sales; a sales leader to join our team and establish relationships with new national advertisers and champion growth of premium advertising sales.
The ideal candidate should be a true “hunter” and strategic seller with an infallible background of success in selling online advertising for the entertainment vertical, with an existing Rolodex of key decision makers, while possessing extensive knowledge of current leading edge ad options.
- Deliver Results! Ensure all online ad sales goals are achieved or exceeded, and expand the network of advertising partners.
- Sell the full suite of our advertising options to leading advertisers & agencies.
- Set and execute the sales strategy including identifying, prioritizing, and planned approach for prospects and opportunities.
- Establish and maintain long term professional/personal relationships with key decision makers at both client and agencies levels by conducting a high volume of face to face sales calls.
- Assist in the development and execution of sales plans, metrics, goals, budgets and revenue forecasts.
- Work closely with the Marketing and editorial teams to craft effective and winning proposals based on individual client needs while negotiating the highest e-CPM to maximize revenue
- Work closely with the Marketing and editorial teams to identify new sponsorship opportunities and develop existing ones from sponsored content (Video, Audio) to contests, giveaways and events
- Maintain an in depth knowledge of all products and processes, as well as a high level knowledge base of market trends, competitive alternatives, and industry specific issues.
- Communicate accurately and promptly across all planning activities, campaign schedules, proposals, sales successes, and sales reports to president and other departments regularly.
- Bachelors degree and/or equivalent work experience
- At least 3 to 5 years of online advertising sales experience
- At least 2 years of experience working in the online ad sales industry
- Established relationships and Rolodex of key advertising decision makers in the entertainment vertical (Alcoholic and non-alcoholic Beverages, energy drinks, Sporting goods and apparel, video games, Movie studios, TV networks, Mobile, Automotive etc.)
- Proven track record and ability to consistently exceed sales quota.
- Exceptional communication, presentation and sales closing skills.
- In-depth knowledge of online advertising market and leading adoptions.
- Proficient knowledge of ad serving and campaign management processes and metrics.
- High energy and self-motivated with experience working in a fast paced sales environment.
- Superior competitor with strong work ethic.
- Passionate about making an impact on revenue
- Proven organizational skills and ability to multitask
- Ad agency or brand marketing experience is a plus
Generous Compensation = > 40-50k Base Salary + Commission (Based on experience)
To apply, please send us your resume and cover letter.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only candidates under consideration will be contacted. No telephone calls please. No agency calls or emails.
Indeed - 19 months ago