Who we are:
Urban Tails is a unique company dedicated to the adoring care of cats. Our mix of services allows us to customize care to each kitty’s needs, whether that be boarding at our pampered kitty hotel, receiving in-home visits from a professional cat sitter or being hosted by a loving family for longer term care.
Join our one-of-a-kind company, and gain valuable experience in every aspect of our business. We provide a supportive and friendly workplace, where you’ll be surrounded by like-minded animal-lovers and always have a cat to play with.
We are seeking a Cat Care Coordinator who:
- Loves cats!
- Is a creative problem solver, flexible and energized by handling multiple tasks with a can-do attitude
- Naturally leads others
- Does a great job every time and has an intrinsic desire to listen, understand, and facilitate
- Finds it rewarding to organize people and systems, while working both cooperatively and independently
- Is interested in taking on a management role once they understand the business
This job is a fit for you if you are:
- Fulfilled by providing one-on-one care to cats, bonding with them and ensuring their well-being
- Happiest in a small workplace, working closely with animal lovers who value acceptance, kindness and support of one another
- Seeking variety in your daily duties and independence in managing your time
- Motived by an employer who will encourage your development into a key management position within our company
This position is specifically designed for an applicant who is seeking to learn all aspects of our business for the purpose of growing into a management position.
Three days a week are dedicated to direct customer service and coordinating the care provided by our cat sitters, host homes and at our boarding facility. Two days per week are dedicated to hands-on care of our beloved feline guests and coordinating the internal operations of our boarding facility.
The variety of duties:
- Administrative, such as responding to inquiries, taking reservations for our boarding, cat sitting and host home services, scheduling cat sitters and host homes, monitoring the day-to-day delivery of services, invoicing and recording payments
- Customer service, such as giving customers tours and helping them choose the right service for their kitty, assisting customers to check their kitties in and out, emailing pictures and daily updates to customers
- Coordination of our boarding facility, such as managing the flow of staff, customers and cleaning tasks to ensure efficient operation, assigning cleaning tasks, monitoring vaccinations of incoming kitties, reviewing check-in paperwork and quality standards
- All aspects of cat care at our boarding facility, such as feeding the kitties, administering medications, cleaning litter boxes, providing playtime, soothing nervous cats and giving all the emotional support and affection that they need to feel happy and well
- Cleaning and disinfecting cat suites and play areas
- Administrative shifts: Thursday, Friday and Saturday 10:30am – 6:30pm
- Facilities Coordinator shifts: Sunday and Monday 8:00am – 2:30pm
- Additional hours and shifts are available during peak seasons
- Start date: April 27, 2014
- Starting rate: $12.00/hour
- 6 months experience in administrative tasks such as scheduling, invoicing and customer service
- 6 months experience caring for cats other than your own including administering a variety of medications, such as pills, eye drops and topical ointments
- Physical ability to clean in standing and kneeling positions and to lift 40 lbs (cat litter)
- Preference is given to applicants who have worked or volunteered in a shelter or veterinary environment
More information about Urban Tails is available at www.urbantails.ca. To apply, please email your resume and a cover letter that outlines your administrative and animal care experience, particularly with cats no later than Friday April 25th, 2014. We look forward to hearing from you!
We appreciate all interest in Urban Tails but please note that only short listed applicants will be contacted for an interview.
Indeed - 8 months ago