Urban Planet Employee Reviews in Canada

• Salary/Benefits
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Saskatoon, SKMay 4, 2016
Pros: laughing, meeting people, making new friends, getting along with regulars
Working at Urban Planet enhanced my customer service skills.
It help me create a work setting fun and enjoyable.
Working with people from all sorts of backgrounds, had made me more aware of cultures and situations. which has made me even more better at my job. It also bang more awareness of different personalities and behaviors of other people. which helped me in all areas of my life.
It was an alright environment
Cashier (Former Employee), Calgary, ABApril 25, 2016
Pros: nothing
Cons: they were rude
I felt like the managers were always speaking there own language and talking bad about the employees. It was a alright environment, the managers were not welcoming.
fast paced environment
Cashier/Sales Associate (Current Employee), Toronto, ONApril 25, 2016
- help out customers ad inform them of store promotions
- I learned to be a strong communicator
- moving constantly is the hardest part of the day
Productive. Fun
Sales Associate and Cashier (Former Employee), Calgary, ABApril 24, 2016
Pros: Free Food sometimes
Cons: Not enough hours
Multi-tasking. Everybody was nice. Everybody got along. My manager was really kind. My coworkers showed a lot of respect.
Insightful experience
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Montréal, QCApril 18, 2016
Pros: Good Experience
Cons: Very physical( long days on feet)
While working at Urban Planet, I have encountered many situations, in which I had to use my social skills, would it be to enhance the customer experience, or, in terms of tangible products, I have handled many clothing and accessories goods, which allowed me to grow familiar with the products that the store is selling.
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Concord, ONApril 12, 2016
Pros: 10 Minute Lunch Breaks
Cons: Favouritism
Some managers were biased and favoured specific individuals. You receive lots of hours especially in the summer or during winter break but after January, business is really slow..
Comfortable and exciting place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Peterborough, ONMarch 20, 2016
Pros: Excellent Staff
Cons: Messy Store
Working at Urban Planet taught me a lot about customer service. I was trained in all aspects of the store and interacted with customers on a shifty basis. My management team and co-workers were a great group of people who I was able to work with easily and efficiently. The hardest part of the job was maintaining the appearance of the store on the weekends, with limited employees, it was largely my responsibility to clean and maintain the store.
Overbooking, Overload working and Underpay
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Burlington, ONMarch 2, 2016
Pros: loved the co workers
Cons: Long hours, No breaks
I enjoyed Urban Planet to an extent but they started overbooking me when they knew i wasn't available for that time. I would clean , restock and work at the cash whenever needed. I love talking to people and helping them so that was the only part i really enjoyed.
An energetic workplace full of a steady work pace and social place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Windsor, ONFebruary 27, 2016
Management is incredibly organized, things were always checked, cleaned, and managed to the highest extent. Everyone was always pleasant and treated well, and there were very little issues, if ever. In all retail customers were the most difficult thing to deal with.
Fun and Fulfilling Experience
Sales Associate and Cashier (Former Employee), Calgary, ABJanuary 27, 2016
This was my first job and I was here for a long time, I enjoyed working and coming into work everyday. Everyone that was hired alongside me was very friendly and were very nice but also managed to do their job.
a fun place which taught me patience
Sales Representative (Current Employee), Brampton, ONJanuary 26, 2016
Staff and management were always at their best they had great scheduling and understood their employees. This job has taught me to become more honest and more patient with every customer I meet.
Very good Management
Cashier and Sales representative (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJanuary 17, 2016
A place where you will be able to practice your customer service skills by dealing directly with the customers questions and complains. I learned to deal with different kind of customers and different kind of issues.
nice
Sale associate (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABJanuary 7, 2016
Pros: long hours
Cons: hours not organize
great staff and great working place and i had fun working there and i would love to go back again, typical day at working is just laughing, helping each other, conversation with custome and management team was amazing and helpful
summary
Customer Service Specialist (Current Employee), Brampton, ONJanuary 5, 2016
Pros: amazing customers
Cons: bad mangement
i loved my job in the beginning when i first started working there. things started changing and im not in love working there anymore. the management doesnt care about there staff
Fun job !
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Anjou, QCJanuary 4, 2016
C'était très agréable travailler là, d'autant plus quand l'équipe est dynamique. Les promotions n'étaient pas trop durs à faire connaître et c'était facile d'aider un client puisque c'était très efficace de connaître le visuel du magasin, ou sont placés tels ou tels articles, etc.
Productive and very busy place of employment
Sales Associate/Cashier (Current Employee), Niagara Falls, ONDecember 15, 2015
Pros: Good coworkers, good environment
Cons: Unreliable hours, minimum pay, no benefits
My typical day at Urban Planet usually consists of working the cash. Dealing with a customer on average every minute. I've learned so many skills and assets from this job, and I genuinely love my employment there. Unfortunately the pay isn't the best and the hours are very unreliable. Management there is amazing, my bosses are very understanding about anything and everything when I have problems, and they always answer my questions when they arise. Coworkers are good people as well too, some of them are a little younger and still in high school so their performance isn't as good as some would prefer but they all do a fine job. The hardest parts of my day working there is being left in charge of the shop when my bosses go on break. It normally wouldn't be a challenge for me because of prior experience of working alone and being in charge, but they refuse to promote me and let me preform tasks only management staff can physically do so it limits my performance and effects the happiness of my customers, especially when I have to tell them they need to wait until my boss comes back from break from anywhere between 10 minutes to 1 hour. Beside that downside my job is amazing and I'm just looking forward to expanded my experience in the job fields
productive
Cashier (Current Employee), Toronto, ONDecember 15, 2015
a typical day at work for me is long shifts, multitasking. The hardest part of my job is dealing with the management that doesn't want to do anything.
productive day at helping customers
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Niagara Falls, ONNovember 15, 2015
Pros: helping customer
Cons: not enough hours
I help customers when needed and cash them out when done shopping, and clean the store while I work. Always got along with others that work at urban planet, also kept busy doing stock most of my time there.
Productive, Great people, and fun place
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee), Kelowna, BCNovember 13, 2015
Pros: Great benefits, decent pay, great in store management and worked, busy
Cons: not enough support and appreciation from upper management, lack of training, lack of employees
Great place to work and love the people whom I worked directly with. However, not much support from upper management in day to day business. Felt like it was all about the numbers and not the effort. Busy and diverse store which is great, great benefits and great co-workers. The hardest part would be not having enough support/training and the lack of employees as well as remembering all the different policies, which is to be expected. The Most enjoyable part is how everyone gets along and gets the job done. Store management are great as well.
seasonal help
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Oakville, ONOctober 27, 2015
I was hired for the Christmas season rush. The people I worked with were great, on sale days we would go around in our group and clean/fold the whole store.