Urban Planet Employee Reviews

Fun part-time work place
Manager In Training (Current Employee) –  Windsor, ON18 May 2017
Co-workers are great to work with. The pay is much too low for anyone with a family to survive off of. They do offer a bonus program for those that are apart of management but to me the pay is not viable as a long-term career.
Large store with minimal breaks
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON16 May 2017
It is better to work shorter shifts, as during the longer ones (7-8 hrs) sometimes you would only have 15-30 minutes for a break, rather than the standard hour. If you had a 9 hour shift you could have an hour long break.
Pros
flexible work scheduling, friendly staff
Cons
long hours, minimal breaks, large store, heavy lifting
Très bien
Vendeuse (Former Employee) –  Quebec City, QC16 May 2017
J'ai adoré travailler là-bas, belle gang, patron super.
fun environment
Sales Associate/ Cashier (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON11 May 2017
working here is fun. My coworkers made me feel very welcome from the very first day i started. Although your work flow can get busy on crazy days, working here is very thrilling,
Great
Sales-associate & Cashier (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB3 May 2017
Urban Planet was one of my first job in Canada. i loved working there and the people i have worked with were amazing! Helped each other. It was hard for us to get more shifts because it was going to close down soon but other than that it was a great place to work at.
Fun and lively work place with amazing co workers
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Greater Sudbury, ON1 May 2017
My work day includes organization of the store, including folding and hanging clothes on the sales floor,and interacting with customers to meat their needs. Most enjoyable part of the job was helping customers find outfits that suit them well. Management was very friendly and proffesional
Great Experience
Senior Retail Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Whitby, ON1 May 2017
Great place to begin a career, great staff, and had a great experience...

Job/Work Life - the management team will work with you to maintain a satisfaction of hours
Salary/Benefits - Great pay

Good retail job
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON28 April 2017
UP was a good store to work at. The management was good and professional. I feel like I learned a lot working for urban planet and I would reccomend starting here.
Fun place to work- stuck in a lower position
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Cobourg, ON27 April 2017
This job was my first job and I liked it but also did not like it so much. I liked the fact that I got to design different walls with clothes and mannequins but I did not like the fact that there was not availability to move up especially when you are working hard.
Environnement et collègues agréables
Vendeuse (Former Employee) –  Sherbrooke, QC25 April 2017
J'ai adoré mon expérience en vente; les membres de gestion m'ont permis de toucher un peu à tout et ils étaient très compréhensifs.
Pros
Salle de pause
Cons
Courtes pauses
Productive and Fun work experience
Lead Cashier (Former Employee) –  Whitby, ON12 April 2017
In every job you have you have good and bad days but no matter what its up to you as a person to make the best out of the situation and to always keep a smile on your face . my 2 mangers were amazing (Sandra & Andre)
good
Store Clerk (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON6 April 2017
this was a great job and great opportunity. I must say I learned quite a lot from working at Urban Planet. it wasn't hard work at all which was a plus for me. the team their was very nice. I just love it there.
Okay
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Tsawwassen, BC2 April 2017
The management was bad, she wouldn't listen to us when we try to to her what our problems are. Never enough hours since the mall isn't that popular. The people that work there are good people though.
Terrible management
Seasonal Employee (Former Employee) –  Peterborough, ON29 March 2017
Hard time working here, staff were not friendly. No interview process. Poor communication and not a great company to work for. I refuse to shop at any of the other stores under that business,
Not the best but good.
Temporary Worker (Former Employee) –  St. John's, NL28 March 2017
Not a great first job but decent if you want a career with this company. It gets difficult quick and is pretty fast paced. Don't work here if you can't handle a little stress
Pros
Store Discount
Cons
Crazy hours
A big open store with a lot of clothes around for males and females.
Sales Associate and Cashier (Current Employee) –  Kitchener, ON24 March 2017
The people at this place is like my family. I thought of them then more then just co workers. They are the ones that made me want to go to work everyday. The store was a good place with great prices and a friendly atmosphere. This is somewhere I would like to shop
Pros
Amazing crew
Cons
Not enough appreciation.
Friendly Workplace
​Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Fredericton, NB20 March 2017
Working at Urban Planet was wonderful , they were awesome for keeping the drama away from work . The one thing I didn't like about urban planet was the low amount of hours. Other then that it was Great.
Fun place to work at, but head office needs to treat their employees with more dignity.
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON13 March 2017
The work culture within the store I worked at was phenomenal because my co-workers were kind and team-oriented. Unfortunately, Head Office was always a disappointment with them mistreating management at the store level, with believing part-time workers to be disposable, and with them providing very little opportunity for advancement for any worker at the store level. Quite frankly, employees should be treated much better by Head Office given the changing work environment of retail stores.
Great music and supportive and committed staff
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Whitby, ON12 March 2017
•Provided customers with a positive and memorable shopping experience by providing friendly and knowledgeable service.

•Encourage addition sales in customers purchases to meet target sale goals.
Pros
Discount on clothes
Cons
Constantly on your feet (good footwear is required)
Easy but fast paced.
Temporary Employee (Former Employee) –  Moncton, NB12 March 2017
My typical day at work was to go out back and find jill or the manager on the floor and see what they had for me to do. I was put to the task right away and would help customers that came up to me.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Urban Planet. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9