Urban Planet

Urban Planet Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Urban Planet was a great learning expirence
Customer service and cashier (Former Employee), Place D'OrleansJune 14, 2015
Pros: Employees worked well together as a team
Cons: poor managment
I was hired for sales and occasionally was a visual merchandiser. Its a great learning experience for a first job. The employees were great and worked well together as a team to meet budget. The hardest part of the job is dealing with rude and grumpy customers and some of the management team did not know what they were doing. the store was a mess and District Managers ended up coming to the store to see what was going on. The best part was seeing how happy people were when you helped them with their shopping experience and made it easy and fast.
Retail
SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee), Dixie MallJune 6, 2015
Like your ordinary retail store, nothing really drives you crazy, and nothing is out of hand. Maybe except Boxing day, overall good job.
The staff
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Brampton, ONJune 2, 2015
Urban planet is a great retail store to work at. You learn how to be more interactive with customers, when hearing reviews from the management. I've learned how to pick up my pace when being on the floor or even when completing my tasks. The downfall is the staff. Some are snobby and yet, there are the rare ones, who are really sweet. The management does not know how to manage the team, in an organized manner. I feel they are unfair to their employees and pick on those, who are trying to become better each day. I wish they changed their ways to the way it was before.
Fast pace yet super fun
Shift Manager (Former Employee), Burnaby, BCMay 19, 2015
Urban Planet was my introduction to the world of retail. Here I learned the importance of customer service and operations. Multitasking was crucial to this environment.
Hotess
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABMay 11, 2015
Pros: Great food
Cons: Working every weekend
I had fun busting tables
Awesome coworkers
I learned to make reservation for big parties & even weddings
Awesome food
Always had to be well dressed
Hardest part was wearing heels everyday
Busy atmosphere
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Scarborough, ONApril 18, 2015
Always had something to do but the management wasn't the greatest at planning my schedule.
It was always busy, especially during holiday season.
bad managment
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee), Moncton, NBApril 16, 2015
i found the managment was very bad. Things were not kept together well. I love working with the public that and my love of clothing was the only thing i enjoyed about working at urban planet.
Urban Planet
Stock, Retail, Merchandise, Maintenance, (Former Employee), Scarborough town centerApril 9, 2015
I was responsible for stock, retail, merchandise and maintenance. I would start of the day with un-packaging all the stock and hanging the clothing on racks. Then I would bring the racks onto the floor and make space for them. I had to also take out the recycling and do customers service whenever there isn't anything to do in the back.
a very good work experience
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Winnipeg, MBApril 2, 2015
Pros: discount on commodities
Cons: bad schedule
-That day we don't have enough people on duty.Usually I was responsible for the "old urban" section. I cleaned the section, communicated with customers, and helping them with purchases. Two hours later, I was asked to cover the person who works in the fitting room for 30 mins. I counted clothes and set the fitting room for customers. And then I was asked to welcome customers in the front of entrance. I smiled, and said hello too everyone who pass through.
- What I learned: always be prepared to different jobs.
- The supervisor has a great management skill, so that we could work orderly with less co-workers in duty.
- Although we had more work to do that day, all co-workers were understanding, hard working, and responsible.
- Standing for couple hours without a break.
- Helping customers.
Productive work enviroment
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Surrey, BCMarch 30, 2015
While working at Urban Planet, I learned the proper way to greet customers and provide for their needs. I also learned how to handle cash and stand on my feet for a long period of time.
urban planet
Sales Representative (Current Employee), Whitby, ONFebruary 8, 2015
great work environment
nice staff and co workers
flexible with hours
good place to get experience
would recommend working their
My experience at Urban Planet
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee), Woodbridge, ONJanuary 12, 2015
My Experience at Urban planet was good I learned new skills , task and how to work with team work.I worked for two years and I did had a such a magazine experience.
sales
Sales Rep/Stocking (Former Employee), sqaure oneDecember 22, 2014
Urban planet enviroment was very friendly to work in and everyone who worked there enjoyed themselves.
Fast pace retail store.
Sales Floor Team Member (Current Employee), Hamilton, ONDecember 18, 2014
Pros: discount.
Cons: short breaks.
Typical Day At Work:
Clock in 5 minutes before
Get right to your section and start folding
As soon as you see a customer enter your section greet them
Always keep your eye on the look out for any new customers/anything being out of place/stealing

What I Learned:
How to fold clothes properly
To be more welcoming to others
How retail works

Management:
Managers were tough but they meant well.

Hardest Part Of The Job:
Standing constantly
Being busy 24/7
Going up and down making sure everything is neat

Most Enjoyable Part Of The Job:
Helping out the customers
The end of the day when you know you've done a good job and everything is clean.
Great people to work with for a first job
Retail Sales Person (Current Employee), Crossiron mills mallNovember 7, 2014
The job is pretty easy going on a normal day but when it gets busy in the store it can be quite a fast pace job. The management is all great and the other workers are very nice. My favorite part of the job was interacting with the customers, i enjoyed helping them out when they needed it.
Sales representative (Former Employee), Brampton, ONNovember 4, 2014
Pros: great management
Cons: not so flexibile
Busy on weekends
Great teamwork environment
management is great
coworkers are friendly and positive
Restocking everything is the hardest part of the job
most enjoyable part is being able to find out the new fashions before most peopler
Store Manager of 1-2 High volume retail locations
Store Manager (Former Employee), Rutherford and Woodgrove locations in Nanaimo B.COctober 29, 2014
Pros: salary, benefits, bonuses, sales driving, business building
Cons: unpaid long hours, lack of stock support or salary support to drive business further
I managed a staff of 20-50 depending on the time of year. I gave my heart and soul to driving a successful business and ended up managing two locations during retails peak season. I gave a lot of my own time as I was a salaried position to ensure both businesses could thrive. The toughest part about the job was finding that work life balance. This position did eventually burn me out. I loved the people, both customers and staff. The team building and business building. I found the hardest part was not having the stock support or enough salary dollars from head office to take the stores to the next level.
Fun work place with amazing co-workers
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONOctober 16, 2014
I enjoyed going to work because it was full of wonderful people, a fun environment and fashionable clothes!
Productive, good work experience long hours workplace
Sales Associate/Key Holder (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONOctober 7, 2014
Pros: gaining work experience
Cons: job lacked flexibility with my scheducle
A typical day at work depended on my shift. If I was opening the store, I would clean (sweat, swiffer, windex glass etc) then be assigned to a section of the store. Greet costumers, help with their inquires. Maintain the store (regarding the cleanliness). Also if there was store available, I would help tag them, and then stock them. I helped with garbage runs.

I gained new skills such as:
improving my costumer service skills
tagging/untagging merchandise
stocking merchandise around the store
ability to read/understand tag numbers on merchandise

The most difficult part of the job was not being able to fit my shifts with my school schedule

The most enjoyable was working with my co-workers, and helping costumers with issues/concerns/inquires
Productive working environment
Sales Representative (Co-op Student) (Former Employee), 300 Borough Drive, Scarborough, ONOctober 5, 2014
Pros: coming into contact with new people everyday
Cons: lifting heavy boxes
A typical day at work would be to just put security tags on items in the store as I was only a co-op student therefore I was not allowed to work on cash. I've learned to deal and cope with different people and situations faster. My co-workers were friendly and energetic. Hardest part of the job was to life heavy boxes up and down, the most enjoyable part was getting to see new and different faces everyday and helping people.

1 2 3 4 5