Urban Planet Employee Reviews in Canada

Terrible company to work for
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ONJune 11, 2016
I have worked at more than one urban planet and the over all management is horrible. I would go into work on a daily basis and be put down for absolutely no reason, I was forced to walk out of the store an assistant manager because my store manager would not let one of our full time employees leave to go get feminine hygiene products due to an unexpected menstrual cycle, she was told she could "wait for her break" which was 3 hours away.
I left and bought them for her myself. the poor management does not start with the store manager, it starts with the regional managers. I have worked for more than one YM.INC store and every DM that I had worked with was culturally degrading.
Pros
good bonus, great staff
Cons
poor management, poor organization
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SKMay 4, 2016
Working at Urban Planet enhanced my customer service skills.
It help me create a work setting fun and enjoyable.
Working with people from all sorts of backgrounds, had made me more aware of cultures and situations. which has made me even more better at my job. It also bang more awareness of different personalities and behaviors of other people. which helped me in all areas of my life.
Pros
laughing, meeting people, making new friends, getting along with regulars
Comfortable and exciting place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Peterborough, ONMarch 20, 2016
Working at Urban Planet taught me a lot about customer service. I was trained in all aspects of the store and interacted with customers on a shifty basis. My management team and co-workers were a great group of people who I was able to work with easily and efficiently. The hardest part of the job was maintaining the appearance of the store on the weekends, with limited employees, it was largely my responsibility to clean and maintain the store.
Pros
Excellent Staff
Cons
Messy Store
Insightful experience
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QCApril 18, 2016
While working at Urban Planet, I have encountered many situations, in which I had to use my social skills, would it be to enhance the customer experience, or, in terms of tangible products, I have handled many clothing and accessories goods, which allowed me to grow familiar with the products that the store is selling.
Pros
Good Experience
Cons
Very physical( long days on feet)
Productive and goal driven
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Pickering, ONMay 4, 2016
The day is always busy, never a dull moment. I learned I am very driven and need advancement. I aspire to grow and do more. I enjoyed helping people put together an outfit and just talking to someone one on one and building that customer relationship.
Pros
Good discounts
Cons
Difficult customers
Overbooking, Overload working and Underpay
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Burlington, ONMarch 2, 2016
I enjoyed Urban Planet to an extent but they started overbooking me when they knew i wasn't available for that time. I would clean , restock and work at the cash whenever needed. I love talking to people and helping them so that was the only part i really enjoyed.
Pros
loved the co workers
Cons
Long hours, No breaks
An energetic workplace full of a steady work pace and social place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ONFebruary 27, 2016
Management is incredibly organized, things were always checked, cleaned, and managed to the highest extent. Everyone was always pleasant and treated well, and there were very little issues, if ever. In all retail customers were the most difficult thing to deal with.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Concord, ONApril 12, 2016
Some managers were biased and favoured specific individuals. You receive lots of hours especially in the summer or during winter break but after January, business is really slow..
Pros
10 Minute Lunch Breaks
Cons
Favouritism
It was an alright environment
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABApril 25, 2016
I felt like the managers were always speaking there own language and talking bad about the employees. It was a alright environment, the managers were not welcoming.
Pros
nothing
Cons
they were rude
Productive, Great people, and fun place
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Kelowna, BCNovember 13, 2015
Great place to work and love the people whom I worked directly with. However, not much support from upper management in day to day business. Felt like it was all about the numbers and not the effort. Busy and diverse store which is great, great benefits and great co-workers. The hardest part would be not having enough support/training and the lack of employees as well as remembering all the different policies, which is to be expected. The Most enjoyable part is how everyone gets along and gets the job done. Store management are great as well.
Pros
Great benefits, decent pay, great in store management and worked, busy
Cons
not enough support and appreciation from upper management, lack of training, lack of employees
Fun job !
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Anjou, QCJanuary 4, 2016
C'était très agréable travailler là, d'autant plus quand l'équipe est dynamique. Les promotions n'étaient pas trop durs à faire connaître et c'était facile d'aider un client puisque c'était très efficace de connaître le visuel du magasin, ou sont placés tels ou tels articles, etc.
good enviornment
Sales Clerk (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ONJune 8, 2016
overall good place to work, fun environment and good music to keep your energy high and nice co-workers and staff. Everyone was always helping each other out and helping me out.
Fun and Fulfilling Experience
Sales Associate and Cashier (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABJanuary 27, 2016
This was my first job and I was here for a long time, I enjoyed working and coming into work everyday. Everyone that was hired alongside me was very friendly and were very nice but also managed to do their job.
Very good Management
Cashier and Sales representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONJanuary 17, 2016
A place where you will be able to practice your customer service skills by dealing directly with the customers questions and complains. I learned to deal with different kind of customers and different kind of issues.
Productive. Fun
Sales Associate and Cashier (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABApril 24, 2016
Multi-tasking. Everybody was nice. Everybody got along. My manager was really kind. My coworkers showed a lot of respect.
Pros
Free Food sometimes
Cons
Not enough hours
nice
Sale associate (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABJanuary 7, 2016
great staff and great working place and i had fun working there and i would love to go back again, typical day at working is just laughing, helping each other, conversation with custome and management team was amazing and helpful
Pros
Cons
hours not organize
a fun place which taught me patience
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ONJanuary 26, 2016
Staff and management were always at their best they had great scheduling and understood their employees. This job has taught me to become more honest and more patient with every customer I meet.
fast paced environment
Cashier/Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONApril 25, 2016
- help out customers ad inform them of store promotions
- I learned to be a strong communicator
- moving constantly is the hardest part of the day
Good palce
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Regina, SKJune 22, 2016
It was good job i like what i was doing like maintaining store visuals
proper managing the staff achieving the daily targets and getting weekly bonuses
summary
Customer Service Specialist (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ONJanuary 5, 2016
i loved my job in the beginning when i first started working there. things started changing and im not in love working there anymore. the management doesnt care about there staff
Pros
amazing customers
Cons
bad mangement