Urban Planet Employee Reviews

Friendly Workplace
​Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Fredericton, NB20 March 2017
Working at Urban Planet was wonderful , they were awesome for keeping the drama away from work . The one thing I didn't like about urban planet was the low amount of hours. Other then that it was Great.
Fun place to work at, but head office needs to treat their employees with more dignity.
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON13 March 2017
The work culture within the store I worked at was phenomenal because my co-workers were kind and team-oriented. Unfortunately, Head Office was always a disappointment with them mistreating management at the store level, with believing part-time workers to be disposable, and with them providing very little opportunity for advancement for any worker at the store level. Quite frankly, employees should be treated much better by Head Office given the changing work environment of retail stores.
Great music and supportive and committed staff
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Whitby, ON12 March 2017
•Provided customers with a positive and memorable shopping experience by providing friendly and knowledgeable service.

•Encourage addition sales in customers purchases to meet target sale goals.
Pros
Discount on clothes
Cons
Constantly on your feet (good footwear is required)
Easy but fast paced.
Temporary Employee (Former Employee) –  Moncton, NB12 March 2017
My typical day at work was to go out back and find jill or the manager on the floor and see what they had for me to do. I was put to the task right away and would help customers that came up to me.
fun place to work in if you meet the right people
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC4 March 2017
As retail can be a fastidious and hard field to work in, finding the right chemistry between coworkers and managers is the essential key to surviving your shift. Urban Planet in Lasalle, QC is a great place to work in. Great location (in a mall) and very nice people.
Pros
20% employee rebate
Cons
occasionally rude customers
Enjoyable atmosphere
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Surrey, BC27 February 2017
Coworkers and managers are super friendly and fun to work with. The work load is the right amount keeps you busy but not overwhelming.
Fun work setting
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Nanaimo, BC21 February 2017
General organizing of displays and counters.
Providing excellent customer service.
Letting people into fitting rooms as well as exchanging sizes if needed.
Keeping floors clean and clear of debris
Pros
Short shifts. Flexible hours, great staff, polite customers, awesome management team!
Cons
Generally not a high traffic store so it is a slow paced job
Fun workplace, great balance between professional and casual relationships.
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON10 February 2017
I find that any job or career an individual has is a basic form of a relationship. It is important to stay committed to that relationship through working your hardest and helping the team achieve a goal. A typical day at work for me was to engage with customers/clients through making sure that they are satisfied. Working in retail it was my personal practise to make sure that the customer was aways pleased with their service, and were aware of sales, promotions, and incentives that they are entitled to. I know that everyone wants to save money because that is a common goal lay people have, so if I knew of ways the person could save I made sure I made them aware of it. We had goals amongst employees to make sales for a reward, and I found myself to be competitive but extremely helpful. I believe verbal and non verbal communication is key, and once that is mastered it makes your daily interaction with people extremely pleasent. The hardest part of the job was to always have an eye for loss prevention issues. I was known as the individual whom always was on a lookout for customers that would increase the shrinkage for the company. I had dealt with many teens and older customers who just stole for the sake of getting away with it, and it was a great challenge to approach them and through doing that I found that the positive outcome was that I built a lot of self confidence and improved my communication when it comes to dealing with a situation where you have to approach an older lady who stole clothes and had kids. I made sure I wasn't insulting or disrespectful and avoided any  more... form of altercations because I felt that I represent the company as an employee and I made sure I had to keep it professional, and respectful.  less
Pros
Everyone worked together as a team/family, after work dinners
Cons
Some long hours, salary wasn't enough for the work and the amount of years I worked there.
Okay
Clothing Associate (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB8 February 2017
was great working at this company, slow at times unless holidays are up coming. i learned to make new friends and learn to speak more. manager was very nice and understandable to my working space.
Pros
friendly people
Cons
slow at times.
Disorganized Workplace
Cashier and Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON29 January 2017
A typical day at this workplace for myself involved maintaining a clean and organized section while staying up to date on all merchandise and promotions as to be able to help customers with any questions/problems they may have. At this particular location, the management and workplace culture was below average, the management was quite disorganized when it came to scheduling matters as well as how they handled situations with their employees such as showing favouritism and not following through with things they said. The most enjoyable part of the job was when I was able to connect with customers and help them with any decisions or questions they had as well as being given the responsibility to re-create POV displays.
Pros
Flexible schedules
Cons
Workplace Environment

Want to know more about Urban Planet?

Ask a question
Bad
Customer Service Representative (CSR) (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB15 January 2017
most of the time was stock and nothing was organized well management was easy going but scheduling was bad along with communication with managers
overall an good first time experiance
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON12 January 2017
fun to work at
colleagues are very nice and welcoming
management were rude sometimes
flexible with my days
if i needed days off it was a problem
very busy
my colleagues made my day good
Productive and fun at work
Cashier and Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Oshawa, ON10 January 2017
I love working with other people who have the same sense if humour that I do. I'm a very open person. My co-workers are fun to be around we all make jokes, The most enjoying part of my job is working with new people and making a lot of memories. A typical day at work is cashing out customers and putting out new merchandise
Pros
Meeting new people
fun work place
Head Cashier (Current Employee) –  Oshawa, ON10 January 2017
it is a great place to work if you love working at a fast pace. the people are really enjoyable to work with. the management is great as well.
fun workplace
Cashier/ Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON3 January 2017
Working at urban planet was fun but be prepared for a busy day! coworkers and managers were friendly, but the customers at this location are just straight up rude.
Enjoys working in a team or independently
Retail Customer Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Woodbridge, ON31 December 2016
• Supports sales associates in maximizing the shopping experience for customers
• Assist in processing all inventory movements between store and distribution
• Maintains a clean, organized and efficient stockroom while adhering to company standards and safety requirements
• Responsible for maintaining appropriate stock levels and ensuring sizes and styles are represented
• Prepares merchandise to go out onto the sales floor
Mediocre place to work at best
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Ontario30 December 2016
The only upside I found to working here was the awesome people I worked with.
They started me on a sale day and I shadowed someone but was offered no real professional training other than that and was expected to know everything about the store already which was unreasonable.
The management felt unapproachable and snobby and acted as if they were somehow better than you even though you were being payed essentially the same (very little). The company is very cheap.
People who were new also received very little shifts even though it was summer and I was off from school.
I did not understand why they kept hiring people rather than just offering people with low hours more hours. On my availability sheet, I had stated I would be able to work 15-20 hours a week but instead received about 3.5-7.
Overall, I cannot say I recommend working here as almost anywhere else would be a better experience.
Pros
Coworkers are very nice
Cons
Low hours, terrible management, horrendously undertrained
Friendly workplace
temporary salesperson (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB11 December 2016
The working environment is friendly, some of the managers are nice. But there is a little bit overtime during shift. Manager did not give much training when you work only short time.
Treated awful by upper management
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Niagara Falls, ON23 November 2016
I loved my job when I started, it was always busy and customers were so fun to work with. My co-workers were amazing and a great team but upper management were awful, they treated you like you weren't even a human. The manager worked so hard and stressed herself over this job so much she got physically sick. Ym is a awful company to work.
Pros
awesome co-workers
Cons
upper-management
Fun Work Place
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON22 November 2016
I worked at urban planet through tropicana
working there for the summer i ad no complications and felt comfortable at the work place, co-workers and management is always right there to help you with what ever you need

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Urban Planet. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9