Urban Planet Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
a fun place which taught me patience
Sales Representative (Current Employee), Brampton, ONJanuary 26, 2016
Staff and management were always at their best they had great scheduling and understood their employees. This job has taught me to become more honest and more patient with every customer I meet.
Very good Management
Cashier and Sales representative (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJanuary 17, 2016
A place where you will be able to practice your customer service skills by dealing directly with the customers questions and complains. I learned to deal with different kind of customers and different kind of issues.
nice
Sale associate (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABJanuary 7, 2016
Pros: long hours
Cons: hours not organize
great staff and great working place and i had fun working there and i would love to go back again, typical day at working is just laughing, helping each other, conversation with custome and management team was amazing and helpful
summary
Customer Service Specialist (Current Employee), Brampton, ONJanuary 5, 2016
Pros: amazing customers
Cons: bad mangement
i loved my job in the beginning when i first started working there. things started changing and im not in love working there anymore. the management doesnt care about there staff
Fun job !
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Anjou, QCJanuary 4, 2016
C'était très agréable travailler là, d'autant plus quand l'équipe est dynamique. Les promotions n'étaient pas trop durs à faire connaître et c'était facile d'aider un client puisque c'était très efficace de connaître le visuel du magasin, ou sont placés tels ou tels articles, etc.
Productive and very busy place of employment
Sales Associate/Cashier (Current Employee), Niagara Falls, ONDecember 15, 2015
Pros: Good coworkers, good environment
Cons: Unreliable hours, minimum pay, no benefits
My typical day at Urban Planet usually consists of working the cash. Dealing with a customer on average every minute. I've learned so many skills and assets from this job, and I genuinely love my employment there. Unfortunately the pay isn't the best and the hours are very unreliable. Management there is amazing, my bosses are very understanding about anything and everything when I have problems, and they always answer my questions when they arise. Coworkers are good people as well too, some of them are a little younger and still in high school so their performance isn't as good as some would prefer but they all do a fine job. The hardest parts of my day working there is being left in charge of the shop when my bosses go on break. It normally wouldn't be a challenge for me because of prior experience of working alone and being in charge, but they refuse to promote me and let me preform tasks only management staff can physically do so it limits my performance and effects the happiness of my customers, especially when I have to tell them they need to wait until my boss comes back from break from anywhere between 10 minutes to 1 hour. Beside that downside my job is amazing and I'm just looking forward to expanded my experience in the job fields
productive
Cashier (Current Employee), Toronto, ONDecember 15, 2015
a typical day at work for me is long shifts, multitasking. The hardest part of my job is dealing with the management that doesn't want to do anything.
productive day at helping customers
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Niagara Falls, ONNovember 15, 2015
Pros: helping customer
Cons: not enough hours
I help customers when needed and cash them out when done shopping, and clean the store while I work. Always got along with others that work at urban planet, also kept busy doing stock most of my time there.
Productive, Great people, and fun place
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee), Kelowna, BCNovember 13, 2015
Pros: Great benefits, decent pay, great in store management and worked, busy
Cons: not enough support and appreciation from upper management, lack of training, lack of employees
Great place to work and love the people whom I worked directly with. However, not much support from upper management in day to day business. Felt like it was all about the numbers and not the effort. Busy and diverse store which is great, great benefits and great co-workers. The hardest part would be not having enough support/training and the lack of employees as well as remembering all the different policies, which is to be expected. The Most enjoyable part is how everyone gets along and gets the job done. Store management are great as well.
seasonal help
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Oakville, ONOctober 27, 2015
I was hired for the Christmas season rush. The people I worked with were great, on sale days we would go around in our group and clean/fold the whole store.
Fast Pace Environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Scarborough, ONOctober 21, 2015
Pros: made great friends
Cons: didn't get hired after the experience
I loved working in retail. As I was a co-op student, I enjoyed talking to customers and helping them decided what they wanted. Its helped me build my communicate with others better.
AWFUL
cash (Former Employee), VictoriaOctober 12, 2015
Cons: everything is a con.
Worst job I have ever had. No breaks, they break nearly all of the employment standard laws, treat staff like garbage, terrible pay, unethically made clothes, made in China. I have found child sized rubber gloves in boxes. Toxic chemicals used to make clothing. No ventilation in the stock room, I and several staff members have become ill at work from breathing in the chemicals from the shoes an d clothes. Boxes of clothes come in moldy...if they aren't too moldy they spray the items with bathroom cleaner and sell it anyway.

At least one staff member runs to the back crying daily. They have an insane expectation of how hard the staff is to work and minimum wage. They illegally refuse to pay overtime to staff.

This company is a disgrace to Canadian standards and is simply horrific to it's staff.
I have been int he work force for over 20 years and I have never witnessed this before. DO NOT WORK FOR THIS COMPANY.
Hectic workplace
Salesperson (Former Employee), Toronto, ONOctober 10, 2015
Pros: entertainment and interacting with people
Cons: working on the clearance area
Working there was an experience in itself. I did a lot of folding clothing and organizing. Product knowledge was very important, I had to learn where different styles of clothing was in the store and the many different sections.
Urban Planet is a great place to start out for a first time job. Management is supportive and you get a variety of different tasks which help you grow
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Calgary, AlbertaSeptember 22, 2015
Pros: great discounts and lots of sales, chill relaxed, get close to your co-workers
Cons: low pay, sometimes slow and boring
Urban Planet is a great place to work if you're looking for a place that is relaxed, chill and friendly. We of course are still expected to work had, however there it has a great atmosphere to look at. Most of the task include, managing change rooms, putting away, organizing clothes and accessories and keeping the store neat and clean overall.
productive easy going environment
sales associate (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABSeptember 8, 2015
Pros: getting let out early if we reached the goal
Cons: not enough hours
Urban Planet had a good working environment, the co workers were nice, hours weren't so good, Managers didn't always meet our needs. I learnt good communication skills with the costumers, patience and good retail skills.
calm work place
Customer service (Former Employee), Orleans, ONSeptember 3, 2015
Pros: alot of people
Cons: no breaks
I've worked wit urban planet by my school co op, i worked there as a sale assistant,i had early morning shift meaning that i did most of the opening for the store I help clean and help the customers finding clothes or sales.
Fun workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Markham, OntarioAugust 27, 2015
Pros: Co-workers
Cons: unorganized
*Responsible for quick and efficient processing of sales
*Greeted customers as they arrived into the store and exhibited a friendly atmosphere
*Organized presentation booths and displays within store
*Recommended, and helped locate or obtain merchandise based on customer needs and desires
*Described merchandise and explain use, operation, and care of merchandise to customers
*Assists in cleaning up, stocking, paperwork and effectively displaying merchandise
*Got along with my co-workers
*Management needed to be more available to sales associate
Productive and Considerate workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Windsor, ONAugust 13, 2015
Pros: Worked well with class schedule
Cons: /
Typical day consisted of making sure items were always in order and visibly appealing, managing change rooms and always being aware in case of possible theft and general clean up at the end of the day. I learned skills such as how to be sure things are visibly appealing to customers and how to manage the change rooms and deal with high volumes of customers. The manager and co-workers were great and very considerate of school hours. the hardest part of the job would be clearing change rooms and putting clothing back where they belong. everything else was overall very enjoyable.
Enjoyable Work Environment
Sales Associate & Cashier (Former Employee), Burnaby, BCAugust 7, 2015
Pros: Awesome and great employees
Cons: Managerial favouritism
- Employees are great to work with
- Management firm but fair
- Great establishment to start working within retail
- Learning and growth to develop proper cleaning "standards"
rubbish
Co-op Student (Former Employee), Kingston, ONAugust 5, 2015
Pros: discount clothes
Cons: terrible management
Management was terrible, always breathing down your neck to get things done, whinning about small things around the store that didn't need to be done. Long hours. and no pay (Y) trash job !