Urban Planet

Urban Planet Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
sales
Sales Rep/Stocking (Former Employee), sqaure oneDecember 22, 2014
Urban planet enviroment was very friendly to work in and everyone who worked there enjoyed themselves.
Fast pace retail store.
Sales Floor Team Member (Current Employee), Hamilton, ONDecember 18, 2014
Pros: discount.
Cons: short breaks.
Typical Day At Work:
Clock in 5 minutes before
Get right to your section and start folding
As soon as you see a customer enter your section greet them
Always keep your eye on the look out for any new customers/anything being out of place/stealing

What I Learned:
How to fold clothes properly
To be more welcoming to others
How retail works

Management:
Managers were tough but they meant well.

Hardest Part Of The Job:
Standing constantly
Being busy 24/7
Going up and down making sure everything is neat

Most Enjoyable Part Of The Job:
Helping out the customers
The end of the day when you know you've done a good job and everything is clean.
Great people to work with for a first job
Retail Sales Person (Current Employee), Crossiron mills mallNovember 7, 2014
The job is pretty easy going on a normal day but when it gets busy in the store it can be quite a fast pace job. The management is all great and the other workers are very nice. My favorite part of the job was interacting with the customers, i enjoyed helping them out when they needed it.
Sales representative (Former Employee), Brampton, ONNovember 4, 2014
Pros: great management
Cons: not so flexibile
Busy on weekends
Great teamwork environment
management is great
coworkers are friendly and positive
Restocking everything is the hardest part of the job
most enjoyable part is being able to find out the new fashions before most peopler
Store Manager of 1-2 High volume retail locations
Store Manager (Former Employee), Rutherford and Woodgrove locations in Nanaimo B.COctober 29, 2014
Pros: salary, benefits, bonuses, sales driving, business building
Cons: unpaid long hours, lack of stock support or salary support to drive business further
I managed a staff of 20-50 depending on the time of year. I gave my heart and soul to driving a successful business and ended up managing two locations during retails peak season. I gave a lot of my own time as I was a salaried position to ensure both businesses could thrive. The toughest part about the job was finding that work life balance. This position did eventually burn me out. I loved the people, both customers and staff. The team building and business building. I found the hardest part was not having the stock support or enough salary dollars from head office to take the stores to the next level.
Fun work place with amazing co-workers
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONOctober 16, 2014
I enjoyed going to work because it was full of wonderful people, a fun environment and fashionable clothes!
Productive, good work experience long hours workplace
Sales Associate/Key Holder (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONOctober 7, 2014
Pros: gaining work experience
Cons: job lacked flexibility with my scheducle
A typical day at work depended on my shift. If I was opening the store, I would clean (sweat, swiffer, windex glass etc) then be assigned to a section of the store. Greet costumers, help with their inquires. Maintain the store (regarding the cleanliness). Also if there was store available, I would help tag them, and then stock them. I helped with garbage runs.

I gained new skills such as:
improving my costumer service skills
tagging/untagging merchandise
stocking merchandise around the store
ability to read/understand tag numbers on merchandise

The most difficult part of the job was not being able to fit my shifts with my school schedule

The most enjoyable was working with my co-workers, and helping costumers with issues/concerns/inquires
Productive working environment
Sales Representative (Co-op Student) (Former Employee), 300 Borough Drive, Scarborough, ONOctober 5, 2014
Pros: coming into contact with new people everyday
Cons: lifting heavy boxes
A typical day at work would be to just put security tags on items in the store as I was only a co-op student therefore I was not allowed to work on cash. I've learned to deal and cope with different people and situations faster. My co-workers were friendly and energetic. Hardest part of the job was to life heavy boxes up and down, the most enjoyable part was getting to see new and different faces everyday and helping people.
Great working environment
Customer Service (Former Employee), Whitby ontarioSeptember 29, 2014
Pros: got to work in a clothing store and made my own money
Cons: there was nothing really bad about working there
i loved working at urban planet, because i love fashion and i love to make money. I enjoyed working there a lot even though it was only seasonal
An extremely fast-paced environment that taught me so much
Retail Volunteer (Former Employee), Mississauga,ONSeptember 28, 2014
Pros: gained a lot of work experience
Cons: super busy
At Urban Planet, I solely was hired for Boxing Day; also known as, the busiest day of the year in retail. I was in charge of organizing clothes and boxes in the back as well as being at the cash register. It was a very long day and a very busy one at that, and with so many people coming in, there was really no time to be tired. This experience taught me how to make quick decisions and how to cash people out in a swift manner. It also helped me gain social skills because I would often interact with the customers too.
Excellent team
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Mississauga, ONSeptember 25, 2014
Pros: fun team
Cons: late nighs
basic retail job
alot of folding
managers are ok
best part is just being able to work in the fashion industry
Fun Workplace
Sales Representative (Former Employee), MarkhamAugust 25, 2014
Fitting room duties, maintain store presentation, good co-workers
Fun boxing day work experience at Urban Planet
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Polo ParkAugust 20, 2014
Pros: free pizza and pop
- Co-workers were very friendly since I was only a one day worker for boxing day.
- I loved helping all the customers find what they were looking for.
- Folding and cleaning up after customers.
- Loved having positive feedback from customers.
Fun upbeat work enviornment
Assisting shoppers (Former Employee), metrotownAugust 19, 2014
Pros: great staff and long breaks
Cons: difficult customers
A typical day at work would be to first clean up the store before customers arrive then you unload and stock up new merchandise. As customers arrive we make them feel welcomed by greeting them and informing our promotions on the products. I've learned many things since this was my first job in retail such as being up to date with new merchandise and promotions. Also how to organize and stock the merchandise to attract customers for sales. All the co workers were lovely and they worked well together as a team.
Great team but no work life balance.
Manager (Current Employee), WindsorAugust 6, 2014
Pros: 1 hour lunch and consistent work schedule
Cons: you live at work
-A typical day managing paperwork, staff, customers, stock and visual duties everyday.
-I have a great store team that worked very hard.
-What i learned most was delgating in different ways.
flkm
Sales Associate / Cashier (Former Employee), Scarborough, ONJuly 5, 2014
cashie5r
sales associate
helped customers
good staff
good hours
very fun and out going work enviornment
Customer service (Former Employee), Pickering Town CentreJune 3, 2014
Pros: get to go on break whenever
Cons: long hours
A typical day at work is very fun and enjoyable being around positive and hard working, independent people.
I learned how to deal with customers in tough situations and how to be a self starter as long with being very independent.
My co-workers were very fun and intelligent as long as being a team player.
Hardest part of the job was helping very impatient customers.
Most enjoyable part of the job is going to work and being around positive and energetic people that motivated me to keep going and doing my best.
great company not so great dm
Store Manager (Former Employee), saint john NBMay 12, 2014
I was happy with my company but my dm as always to personal with me I was uncomfortable with this.
Lack of shifts (therefore little pay), light easy going environment, friendly managers
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Edmonton, ABApril 23, 2014
Pros: light environment, not overly stressful
Cons: not enough hours, little pay, never recieve a break because i dont work enough hours
I do enjoy working at Urban Planet, I only wish that they would have accommodated my schedule and continued to give me the shifts I got when I first started working there. At first I got 2 days a week with an on-call shift (perfect for me because I am currently in highschool and did not want to have work be my main focus over school),now I'm lucky if i get one shift a week. Definetly not worth it.On top of that, if I do get a shift its a 4-5 hour shift which equals no break (must work over 5 hours to recieve one). Other than that, the work environment is quite light hearted, fun, and easy going; it makes shifts enjoyable and makes the time fly when you like working with your coworkers.Though I've never had any personal problems with any of my coworkers, it is apparent that professionalism isn't always on the top of the list, it makes it especially worse when it is in front of customers. Some coworkers make rude comments over the walkie talkie about customers, which I don't find to be amusing or respectful in any way, shape, or form.
A typical day involves me cleaning rounders, colour corrdinating them and the walls, making sure items are put in their proper place and most importantly doing my very best to give exceptional customer service. The hardest part of the job I would say is closing. Just because it takes a really long time to clean all the clothing left around throughout the day and sometimes the racks and walls are so full, you can barely fit most of the drag back where they originally are suppose to be put, causing items to constantly fall off and sit weirdly, hangers – more... interlock constantly,and in all honestly, the racks and walls can just look down right messy and clutter with all the stock that is put out.The most enjoyable part of the job is being able to help customers find/ develop their own personal style; being able to recommend them piece's that work together, and just helping them feel great about their external apperance. All in all I learned how to be more confident when greeting costumers, how to make displays look asthetically pleasing, and I've further developed my customer service skills. – less
Produstive, fun workplace, great aptmosphere
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Greater Sudbury, ONApril 13, 2014
Pros: good hour breaks
Cons: long hours
Learned many things about being in retail, how to hang & clean clothes properly, how to fold, where things go and how to be on top and neat about everything. I also was able to work on my communication skills with costumers.

1 2 3 4