Urban Outfitters Inc. Employee Reviews

Urban Outfitters Dix30
Womens Department Manager (Current Employee) –  Brossard, QC9 November 2013
- working in a slow pace store allows more time to get projects done. however, I would much rather work somewhere fast pace

- managers are often on the same page, but occasionally there is conflict brought upon us by the store manager

- hardest part of the job is assuring things get done on their deadline

- most enjoyable part is working with clothes and being able to style and merchandise how we want
Cons
un paid overtime
Casual Workplace
Sales Associate (Part-time) (Former Employee) –  Vancouver8 April 2015
A typical work day consists of helping customers and cleaning up. Honestly its not that hard of a job, the employees have a cool kid vibe but they're all really nice. I liked that we were allowed to wear whatever we wanted.
Pros
nice discount, freedom to wear whatever
Cons
cliques
A great place full of great people
Women's Accessories Department Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, Ontario5 April 2015
As a manager, typically we would spend part of our shift tending to department responsibilities and tasks to ensure we are improving business in comparison to the previous year. This would include working with merchandisers to ensure that product was being properly and evenly represented in the store, referring to data reports to see how changes in merchandising have hurt or improved business for specific item classes, sharing product knowledge with staff to ensure they were able to not only sell the product but find a way to connect with the customer as they do it, and back-of-house organization. What I've learned from this position is that using your people and proper delegation is important for being able to accomplish all of the demands of the job. It is easy to fall into the habit of wanting complete control, however realistically, one cannot run a department on their own. In terms of management, I felt a lot of support from my fellow managers. Out of all of the department managers, I was the newest, and they were always willing to give me a hand or give me tips or criticism when I needed it in order for the store to thrive. My staff was the best part of the job because I made a point of seeing them as people as not as subordinates. I respected them and in turn they appreciated me as a manager and were always willing to do what I asked without push-back. The hardest part of the job was probably the conflict of direction from upper management, which was consistent in our store. However, through that, I was able to learn how to prioritize and not get caught up in  more... the confusion. Lastly, the most enjoyable part of the job was that I worked with real people who were able to perform their job beyond the minimum requirement and still have a good time doing it. The success of our store was at it's highest when we as a whole team felt a strong sense of support and positive energy.  less
Pros
Making great connections with my co-workers and customers
Cons
Conflict of direction from upper management
fun place to work, high turnover
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON25 July 2013
fun and fast driven environment to work in
not much room for growth if working from the bottom
customer service wasn't at the forefront of priorities
It was alright
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  London, On20 December 2014
I love Urban Outfitters. I love the vibe and the brands and everything. I couldn't stand the gossip though in my placement. That was the onllything
Good
assisting clients (Former Employee) –  edmonton, ab26 April 2013
It was an enjoyable place to work as a student. The managment were great and made real connections with the employees, which was nice
great place!
Key holder/ sales associate (Current Employee) –  edmonton1 September 2014
cool place to work but hours were not compatible with school.
Environnement chaleureux
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC13 January 2017
Très accueillant et endroit agréable où il y a de bons liens entre les travailleurs et les clients également.
Trés bon tremplin
Gérant du département de l'homme (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC19 August 2016
Urban Outfitters est une très bonne entreprise pour se lancer et évoluer très vite, beaucoup de taches diverses reposent sur vous ce qui est un réel gain d’expérience en un temps record.
La rotation des postes
Associé aux ventes (Current Employee) –  Québec, QC13 May 2014
Chaque employé est formé à la caisse, au service à la clientèle et à l'accueil du magasin. Cette rotation des postes assure un développement des compétences pertinent à l'employé chez Urban Outfitters. De plus, la rotation des postes stimule davantage le travail et permet à l'employé de connaître ses forces et faiblesses afin de s'améliorer. Ceci étant dit, l'employé évolue dans un milieu de travail sain et sécure mais est soumis à une rapidité d'exécution qui lui permet de relever des défis personnels au travail.
Pros
Flexibilité des horaires
Cons
Salaire minimum et augmentations rigides