Urban Outfitters Inc. Employee Reviews in Canada

• Salary/Benefits
Urban Outfitters
Sales associate (Current Employee), Vancouver, BCJune 26, 2012
Pros: good product and flexible scheduling
Cons: bad scheduling and no real room nor incentive for advancement
Overall, it would be a much better place to work if they had better organizational skills and more constant opportunity for feedback.

. From the moment you start, there's really not much you've been told on and there's honestly not much to do; you either greet, go in fitting rooms, shoes, the men's section or sale.

. I've only really learnt how to fold clothes; full-fold, board-folding and quarter folding. That's the only memorable moment for me.

. The one thing that's been a constant bother for me since the start of 2011 though is the bad scheduling; from the holidays onward, very few people are given consistent hours and that influx greatly influenced my private life.

. My co-workers are fun and easy to work with and relatable and fun; some managers are a bit antsy but overall comfortable and perky at times.

. Also, when on the floor, while you will work, you will be probably often times with various managers, but you're only reviewed only once a year and you're never sure by whom. Otherwise, you're rarely given an update on how you've progressed.
La rotation des postes
Associé aux ventes (Current Employee), Québec, QCMay 13, 2014
Pros: flexibilité des horaires
Cons: salaire minimum et augmentations rigides
Chaque employé est formé à la caisse, au service à la clientèle et à l'accueil du magasin. Cette rotation des postes assure un développement des compétences pertinent à l'employé chez Urban Outfitters. De plus, la rotation des postes stimule davantage le travail et permet à l'employé de connaître ses forces et faiblesses afin de s'améliorer. Ceci étant dit, l'employé évolue dans un milieu de travail sain et sécure mais est soumis à une rapidité d'exécution qui lui permet de relever des défis personnels au travail.