Urban Outfitters Inc.

Urban Outfitters Inc. Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
great place!
Key holder/ sales associate (Current Employee), edmontonSeptember 1, 2014
cool place to work but hours were not compatible with school.
A workplace that truly under appreciates their employees
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Toronto, OnApril 2, 2014
Pros: discount can be used online, coworkers all around the same age
Cons: no hours, short breaks, they don't care about you
I worked for this company as a sales associate for almost a year. For an extremely long time they only gave me on-calls and said it was because their were no hours to give. They were lying, the store employed over 40 sales associates, and only about 10 of them were consistently getting hours; people who have worked there for over a year would literally – more... get one on-call a week, and this would go on for months. How did they decide to solve this? By having open group interviews and hiring more people. They do not care about their employees and will show you no appreciation until you decide to quit, and they will hire 5 people to take your place (and these 5 people will take hours away from everybody else who have been working there for a year). – less
Urban Outfitters Dix30
Womens Department Manager (Current Employee), Brossard, QCNovember 9, 2013
Cons: un paid overtime
- working in a slow pace store allows more time to get projects done. however, I would much rather work somewhere fast pace

- managers are often on the same page, but occasionally there is conflict brought upon us by the store manager

- hardest part of the job is assuring things get done on their deadline

- most enjoyable part is working with clothes – more... and being able to style and merchandise how we want – less
Great employee perks, fun working environment.
Sales Associate (Former Employee), London, ONSeptember 12, 2013
Pros: fun working environment
Cons: little staff amenities
Great employee benefits, Great sales floor environment, Room for advancement.
fun place to work, high turnover
Team Leader (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJuly 25, 2013
fun and fast driven environment to work in
not much room for growth if working from the bottom
customer service wasn't at the forefront of priorities
Good
assisting clients (Former Employee), edmonton, abApril 26, 2013
It was an enjoyable place to work as a student. The managment were great and made real connections with the employees, which was nice
Fun and relaxed environment
Sales associate (Current Employee), kingstonMarch 31, 2013
Easy going - mostly involves folding/running clothes onto the floor. Little push for customer involvement. Fun management and employees.
Urban Outfitters
Sales associate (Current Employee), Vancouver, BCJune 26, 2012
Pros: good product and flexible scheduling
Cons: bad scheduling and no real room nor incentive for advancement
Overall, it would be a much better place to work if they had better organizational skills and more constant opportunity for feedback.

. From the moment you start, there's really not much you've been told on and there's honestly not much to do; you either greet, go in fitting rooms, shoes, the men's section or sale.

. I've only really learnt how to – more... fold clothes; full-fold, board-folding and quarter folding. That's the only memorable moment for me.

. The one thing that's been a constant bother for me since the start of 2011 though is the bad scheduling; from the holidays onward, very few people are given consistent hours and that influx greatly influenced my private life.

. My co-workers are fun and easy to work with and relatable and fun; some managers are a bit antsy but overall comfortable and perky at times.

. Also, when on the floor, while you will work, you will be probably often times with various managers, but you're only reviewed only once a year and you're never sure by whom. Otherwise, you're rarely given an update on how you've progressed. – less
Its a nice idea, not great to make a living
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Palm Beach Gardens, FLSeptember 28, 2014
This is a job for someone that doesn't care about making money. Folding t shirts is what you do all day but that is pretty easy id say. just very redundant and mindless.
very fun and creative environment
intern (Former Employee), Dedham, MASeptember 24, 2014
Pros: enjoyable
Cons: location
i only did inventory for this company but it was a great experience.
So much fun!
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Sacramento, CASeptember 9, 2014
I did a lot of sale associated duties. It was a really fun environment and I learned a lot about working in retail. Urban Outfitters is a great company.
Fun workplace
cashier (Current Employee), New Orleans, LASeptember 9, 2014
This job is flexible and also allows you to be yourself style wise.
Creative and open workplace with great benefits.
Product Flow Team Lead (Current Employee), Cherry Hill, NJSeptember 6, 2014
Pros: employee discount, reward programs and appreciation.
Cons: turnover rates and slow progression into promotions.
A typical day at work begins at 6am where shipment of apparel is received and we place product by merchandizing according to corporate trend guidelines that are given to myself and the visual team. Weekly, we go over business trends and evaluate them ased on product moves and placement specific to our store's customer profile. I make sure product is – more... filled, merchandised correctly and that it reflects the company's brand integrity.

My coworkers are all diverse in their fields whether it be department management or visual. We all work together to create a collaborative effort of what each department needs to drive sales.

The hardest part of my job is keeping up with the change of business due to seasonal trends and our specific customer.
the most enjoyable part of my job is seeing the product go from a box to merchandised to tell a visual story and seeing how the customer reacts to it. – less
Creative Environment, fun learning expierence
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Montclair, NJSeptember 1, 2014
Awesome company with great philosophies. Fun environment with a lot of diversity.
Fun, Entertaining
Assistant Manager-Loss Prevention (Former Employee), New York, NYSeptember 1, 2014
Pros: my co-workers
Cons: i didn't have much of life outside of work due to the scheduling.
I did enjoy the people I worked with, I learned a lot about the different types of patrons that came in the store. The atmosphere among the employees was very delightful.
Creative environment with an amazing campus
Design Assistant- Print (Current Employee), Philadelphia, PAAugust 26, 2014
The most enjoyable part of my job is the campus I work on. The Navy Yard is a beautiful area. Dick Hayne has done an incredible job transforming these old historic buildings into an inspirational workplace for his employees.
Love the concept but not much room to grow within the company
Cashier/Sales associate (Current Employee), New York, NYAugust 24, 2014
Pros: no uniform
Cons: low pay, no room to grow, not appreciated
Processing returns, maintaining store, and covering peoples shifts.
How to properly manage time and get tasks done and also how to work with many different personalities.
Management needs to improve
The hardest part of the job is working so hard for low pay and also not being recognized for your work
I love that i am able to express who i am through – more... my fashion. – less
Product knowledge, fun learning experience.
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Los Angeles, CAAugust 22, 2014
Pros: best people to work with and great customer interactions
Cons: hours, pay, and not many promotions
Every day I work. I work to do my best in mostly everything I can do. For example, If I am going to be a the cash wrap I will do the best I can do by working hard opening and closing and making sure everything looks nice and neat with a smile. Since when I started at Urban Outfitters. I have learn some parts of the business and some partly visuals and – more... as of goals and product knowledge with fantastic workers. We work as a great team. every individual has something to offer and brings to the table for success. The hardest part of the job is working to hard that not many opportunities for promotions are given. although I would like that very much so. I like working. I would work 7 days a week if I had too, I enjoy working with people. – less
Fun place to work!!
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Tampa, FLAugust 7, 2014
Nothing bad to say about Urban Outfitters. Always felt like I was hanging out with friends and not just working. Sadly, hours and money weren't the greatest but the friendships and work environment made up for it.
Fun environment but needs work
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Rancho Cucamonga, CAAugust 6, 2014
I enjoyed working at UO however due to the location it was not the best experience. There is tiers of importance in the company and because our location was not ideal we were on the bottom tier with new management monthly. There was not a set system because of this. Being a collegiate athlete it was also hard for them to work around my schedule because – more... of the constant change in management and employees. I did enjoy working there and the company was a good fit. – less

1 2 3 4 5

About Urban Outfitters Inc.

Urban Outfitters, Inc. is a lifestyle specialty retail company that operates under the Urban Outfitters, Anthropologie, Free People – Read more