Urban Outfitters Inc.

Urban Outfitters Inc. Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
great place!
Key holder/ sales associate (Current Employee), edmontonSeptember 1, 2014
cool place to work but hours were not compatible with school.
A workplace that truly under appreciates their employees
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Toronto, OnApril 2, 2014
Pros: discount can be used online, coworkers all around the same age
Cons: no hours, short breaks, they don't care about you
I worked for this company as a sales associate for almost a year. For an extremely long time they only gave me on-calls and said it was because their were no hours to give. They were lying, the store employed over 40 sales associates, and only about 10 of them were consistently getting hours; people who have worked there for over a year would literally – more... get one on-call a week, and this would go on for months. How did they decide to solve this? By having open group interviews and hiring more people. They do not care about their employees and will show you no appreciation until you decide to quit, and they will hire 5 people to take your place (and these 5 people will take hours away from everybody else who have been working there for a year). – less
Urban Outfitters Dix30
Womens Department Manager (Current Employee), Brossard, QCNovember 9, 2013
Cons: un paid overtime
- working in a slow pace store allows more time to get projects done. however, I would much rather work somewhere fast pace

- managers are often on the same page, but occasionally there is conflict brought upon us by the store manager

- hardest part of the job is assuring things get done on their deadline

- most enjoyable part is working with clothes – more... and being able to style and merchandise how we want – less
fun place to work, high turnover
Team Leader (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJuly 25, 2013
fun and fast driven environment to work in
not much room for growth if working from the bottom
customer service wasn't at the forefront of priorities
Fun place to work
Visual Merchandiser and Display (Former Employee), Dublin, DMay 20, 2013
Pros: met loads of great people
Cons: long hours and low wages
Typical day in work was see the morning targets. Walk around shop floor. Do a floor grid of were to put new merchandise. Merchandise clothes. Create new Displays and style customers.

I learned alot in Urban Outfitters. To be out there with creativity. Thinking outside the box.

Management could have been nicer. But at the end of the day they had a – more... job to do.

Co-workers were great. Lovely bunch of people. All them were different. Different personalities.

The hardest part of the job was when you had so much merchandise and you had to make it work. You would try everything and move everything around and finally keep calm and sorted it. Also the wages were so low. Not right when you work so hard.

Most enjoyable part is seeing people appreciate your displays n styling. – less
Good
assisting clients (Former Employee), edmonton, abApril 26, 2013
It was an enjoyable place to work as a student. The managment were great and made real connections with the employees, which was nice
Fun and relaxed environment
Sales associate (Current Employee), kingstonMarch 31, 2013
Easy going - mostly involves folding/running clothes onto the floor. Little push for customer involvement. Fun management and employees.
Urban Outfitters
Sales associate (Current Employee), Vancouver, BCJune 26, 2012
Pros: good product and flexible scheduling
Cons: bad scheduling and no real room nor incentive for advancement
Overall, it would be a much better place to work if they had better organizational skills and more constant opportunity for feedback.

. From the moment you start, there's really not much you've been told on and there's honestly not much to do; you either greet, go in fitting rooms, shoes, the men's section or sale.

. I've only really learnt how to – more... fold clothes; full-fold, board-folding and quarter folding. That's the only memorable moment for me.

. The one thing that's been a constant bother for me since the start of 2011 though is the bad scheduling; from the holidays onward, very few people are given consistent hours and that influx greatly influenced my private life.

. My co-workers are fun and easy to work with and relatable and fun; some managers are a bit antsy but overall comfortable and perky at times.

. Also, when on the floor, while you will work, you will be probably often times with various managers, but you're only reviewed only once a year and you're never sure by whom. Otherwise, you're rarely given an update on how you've progressed. – less
Learned to juggle multiple things at the same time.
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Palo Alto, CAOctober 8, 2014
Assisted customers with their purchases and the products they need by getting whatever size of clothes or shoes from the back or front of the store. Increased sales outcome by becoming knowledgeable of store products. My supervisor would pass out our weekly sales to us to know our sales quota. Answered customer questions about store products on whether – more... their product is in the store or order their purchases and sent to their homes. I did performed a yearly inventory check by using a scanner. I cleaned and prepared the store in an orderly and presentable manner. – less
love it !!!
Sales associate (Current Employee), Miami, FLOctober 7, 2014
This job is great if you love being your self this is the job for you .
Fun Atmosphere
Deputy Department Manager (Former Employee), LondonOctober 6, 2014
Pros: great 40% discount
Cons: long hours
Typical day consisted of managing my staff and rotas in my department.
Planning upcoming store events and promotions.
Working with the Management team to boost team work awareness and customer service. ne3ed to know all policies and procedures for certain incidents. E.g. Theft, fire and health and safety.
Enjoyed working as part of a vast team of people – more... from all backgrounds. – less
great campus to work at
WOMENS KNITS PRODUCT DEVELOPMENT MANAGER (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PAOctober 1, 2014
Pros: employee events and brand discounts
Cons: long hours
the campus is a great place to work at, which balances out with the long hours you might be there.
Fun, creative work environment.
Men's Department Manager (Former Employee), Boise, IDSeptember 30, 2014
I worked several positions, so the most basic day consisted of attending customers, cashiering, completing daily/weekly tasks, processing and placing product, and cleaning. I learned a lot from management, including what type of manager I do and do not want to be. Employees of all levels developed a tight-knit "Urban" family. The hardest part of the – more... job was moving up, or getting recognition for going above and beyond. The most enjoyable part of the job was the freedom to be creative, and to be creative with the rest of the team. – less
Its a nice idea, not great to make a living
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Palm Beach Gardens, FLSeptember 28, 2014
This is a job for someone that doesn't care about making money. Folding t shirts is what you do all day but that is pretty easy id say. just very redundant and mindless.
very fun and creative environment
intern (Former Employee), Dedham, MASeptember 24, 2014
Pros: enjoyable
Cons: location
i only did inventory for this company but it was a great experience.
So much fun!
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Sacramento, CASeptember 9, 2014
I did a lot of sale associated duties. It was a really fun environment and I learned a lot about working in retail. Urban Outfitters is a great company.
Fun workplace
cashier (Current Employee), New Orleans, LASeptember 9, 2014
This job is flexible and also allows you to be yourself style wise.
Creative and open workplace with great benefits.
Product Flow Team Lead (Current Employee), Cherry Hill, NJSeptember 6, 2014
Pros: employee discount, reward programs and appreciation.
Cons: turnover rates and slow progression into promotions.
A typical day at work begins at 6am where shipment of apparel is received and we place product by merchandizing according to corporate trend guidelines that are given to myself and the visual team. Weekly, we go over business trends and evaluate them ased on product moves and placement specific to our store's customer profile. I make sure product is – more... filled, merchandised correctly and that it reflects the company's brand integrity.

My coworkers are all diverse in their fields whether it be department management or visual. We all work together to create a collaborative effort of what each department needs to drive sales.

The hardest part of my job is keeping up with the change of business due to seasonal trends and our specific customer.
the most enjoyable part of my job is seeing the product go from a box to merchandised to tell a visual story and seeing how the customer reacts to it. – less
Creative Environment, fun learning expierence
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Montclair, NJSeptember 1, 2014
Awesome company with great philosophies. Fun environment with a lot of diversity.
Fun, Entertaining
Assistant Manager-Loss Prevention (Former Employee), New York, NYSeptember 1, 2014
Pros: my co-workers
Cons: i didn't have much of life outside of work due to the scheduling.
I did enjoy the people I worked with, I learned a lot about the different types of patrons that came in the store. The atmosphere among the employees was very delightful.

1 2 3 4 5

About Urban Outfitters Inc.

Urban Outfitters, Inc. is a lifestyle specialty retail company that operates under the Urban Outfitters, Anthropologie, Free People – Read more