Urban Outfitters in Montreal is looking for Store Managers and Department Managers!
DEPARTMENT MANAGER … THE LEADER OF THE PACK Success at Urban Outfitters is based not only on our unique product and store environments, but also on the creativity of our store teams.
YOU: You've worked in retail, have management experience and have successfully led a team. You're comfortable analyzing business, developing a plan, and delegating and empowering your team to execute. You are passionate about our product and probably have a favorite "section" of our store. You are able to identify and cultivate talent internally. You are a self-starter looking to grow with our company. You are diverse, smart, creative, energetic, witty, courageous, and confident. You…love UO!
US: We do things differently at Urban Outfitters. We give our Department Managers the opportunity to be entrepreneurial and our expectation is that they run their space as if it were their own. We empower our teams to make the decisions and own the results. We encourage mutual respect among our employees and foster an environment of collaboration.
Our stores typically have four departments (Women's, Women's Accessories, Men's and Home). We give our managers a chance to be creative, connect with the Urban community and become an expert in one of those areas.
We expect our Department Managers to own their development and to become our next Assistants, Store Managers or Store Merchandising Managers. We are committed to our employee's development and offer career opportunities in our stores and Home Office.
We embrace you - your style, your music, your fashion, your art, your whatever!
STUFF YOU WILL DO:
- Take RESPONSIBILITY for all department and customer needs through excellent FLOOR SUPERVISION
- LEAD by encouraging feedback, coaching and motivating others to be extraordinary
- COLLABORATE with the Store Manager and Store Merchandising Manager to establish department goals and floor set expectations
- Clearly COMMUNICATE to successfully manage a complex and highly creative environment
- Take PRIDE in your department (maintain a fully staffed team and an organized department)
- Exercise strong LOSS PREVENTION awareness and compliance
- Be accountable for all aspects of recruiting, hiring and DEVELOPMENT of the team
- Cultivate a "PEERS TEACHING PEERS" environment
- Provide authentic CUSTOMER INTERACTIONS
- Strive to INSPIRE the store team and our customer