STORE MANAGER … A VISIONARY LEADERSHIP ROLE Success at Urban Outfitters is based not only on our unique product and store environments, but also on the creativity of our store teams.
YOU: You've had multiple years of store or multi-store management experience and have a strong record of developing sales associates and managers. You have the ability to analyze business, develop a plan, delegate and empower your team to drive consistent results. You thrive when given the freedom to make decisions and act in a way that you know is right for your customer and employees. You are a self-starter looking to grow with our company. You are diverse, smart, creative, energetic, witty, courageous, and confident. You…love UO!
US: We do things differently at Urban Outfitters. We give our Assistant Store Managers the opportunity to be entrepreneurial and our expectation is that they run their space as if it were their own. We empower our teams to make the decisions and own the results. We encourage mutual respect among our employees and foster an environment of collaboration.
Our stores typically have four departments (Women's, Women's Accessories, Men's and Home) which give our managers the chance to share their vision and develop a diverse group of leaders.
We expect our Assistant Store Managers to own their development and to become our next Store Managers. We are committed to our employee's development and offer career opportunities in our stores and Home Office.
We embrace you - your style, your music, your fashion, your art, your whatever!
STUFF YOU WILL DO: * Be RESPONSIBLE for the store's profitability, payroll budget and shrinkage goal
- LEAD by mentoring, encouraging feedback and motivating others to be extraordinary
- Be accountable for all aspects of recruiting, hiring and DEVELOPMENT of management team
- COLLABORATE with the Store Merchandising Manager to establish store goals and floor set expectations
- Cultivate a "PEERS TEACHING PEERS" environment
- Effectively COMMUNICATE to manage a highly creative and complex store environment
- FACILITATE the relationship between the management and visual team in order to achieve store goals Exercise strong LOSS PREVENTION awareness and compliance
- Provide authentic CUSTOMER INTERACTIONS
- Take PRIDE in your store (maintain a fully staffed team, an organized back of house and a positive store environment)
- Take responsibility for store and customer needs through excellent FLOOR SUPERVISION
- Strive to INSPIRE the store team and our customer