- Ability to provide exceptional customer service and to motivate others to do the same
- Must be able to communicate instructions and directions clearly and effectively
- Proven ability to deal with difficult interpersonal situations with positive results
- Demonstrated skill at ordering and merchandising grocery products on a daily basis and to highlight seasonal trends and special promotions to maximize sales and profits.
- Good product knowledge and awareness of product changes and seasonal requirements.
- Maximize department sales, ratio, and gross margins to meet budget expectations
- Developing marketing and merchandising programs to maximize sales targets
- Communicates relevant sales, margin and labor goals to team on a regular basis.
- Communicates standards, expectations, policy changes and product knowledge to team.
- Receives orders, or ensures proper receiving in accordance with established procedures; maintains accurate receiving records.
- Coordinates returns and credits from suppliers where applicable; maintains accurate accounting of credit requests.
- Reviews invoices for accuracy.
- Supports the Grocery Manager as needed.
- Assists Grocery Manager in the design and implementation of procedures for ordering, receiving, inventory tracking, and back room organization.
- Identifies training opportunities and coordinates needs with Grocery Manager.
- 1-3 years retail management experience
- Familiarity with natural foods and alternative diets preferred
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal, are essential
- Strong orientation to detail and analytical skills Solid problem solving skills and decisiveness.
- Ability to work flexible schedule, including nights, weekends, and holidays.
- Proven leadership ability to build, motivate and maintain staff
- Ability to handle stressful situations
- Organization and planning skills; able to prioritize and handle multiple tasks
- Ability to delegate effectively
- Computer skills: Microsoft Office Software including Outlook, Word, and Excel
Indeed - 18 months ago
copy to clipboard