Urban Fare Employee Review

An enigma
Floral Helper (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC29 December 2012
Working for Urban Fare was like a dream, very surreal, shiny, polished and fast paced. I really enjoyed my experience though most of the people in my department including the Manger were tough to read, and therefore not always easy to communicate with. I was sad to leave due to an injury, but opportunities for advancement seemed to be mainly driven by favouritism if my observations were anything to go by. I would go back with enthusiasm but no expectations for a long term future with the company, though there are great benefits to be had for the higher grid employees and management. Perfect job for a young person, a great place to begin a career.
Pros
beautiful environment, access to exotic groceries.
Cons
fragmented, ethically flawed management.

Other Urban Fare Employee Reviews

Random Perks
Manager in Training (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC26 December 2017
Occasionally there would be pizza provided from Managment but for special holidays like Christmas, or Thanks Giving or Easter. All you can eat and get fat :)
Pros
Trade Union Job
Cons
Labour Contract is horrible
Friendly environment
Food Service Worker (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC25 November 2017
It is a good place to work, everyone is friendly. The only problem is that they don't even give a discount to employees and the food is quite expensive for what the employees earn.
Pros
Friendly peers
Cons
not enough hours to everyone, not even a discount on food

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Urban Fare. Our community is ready to answer.

Urban Fare Reviews by Location