Urban Fare Employee Reviews

Day at work
Cap Bar Employee (Current Employee) –  Kelowna, BCAugust 27, 2016
Its a minimum wage job you can't expect a whole lot and thats why im looking to move on, I'm more capable than urban Fare and I want to start progressing/
Pros
Latest you can work is 1015
Cons
petty customers
toxic work enviroment
Grocery Store Clerk (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BCAugust 21, 2016
the work place does not respect their employees and and does not honor the union contract. the coworkers are ok but the majority are lacking in any ability to fight for there rights when managment oversteps there boundaries
Pros
easy work
Cons
Bakery clerk wasn't challenging enough for me
Bakery Clerk (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BCAugust 11, 2016
It was a good place to work. But wasn't challenging enough and wasn't getting enough hours or pay. If these two things where different I would have lasted longer. But all around good company to work for
great team work and working atmosphere is very energetic
bakery clerk (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BCJune 26, 2016
A superb place to work with great team members and managers. Gained good customer service and communication skills. I love enjoying talking to customers and helping them out.
enjoy with people
Receiving/Grocery clerk (Current Employee) –  Vancouver Harbour, BCJanuary 15, 2016
people are nice includ managers. if they pay more with benefit, this job will be the best. $10.45 per hours without benefit is explain why turn over rate is high
fun place to work
Permanent -Part time (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BCNovember 14, 2015
If you like interacting with different people , Urban Fare is fun place to work. Salary is lower than Superstore. You will learn a lot. In any workplace, you always meet good and bad Supervisor , so that will depend which department you are. My advise is do not work in the Restaurant or Cap Bar because it is a hardest job and lowest paid among the rest of the department.
Pros
learn a lot and stable company
Cons
low pay
friendly work place
COOK HELPER (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BCNovember 13, 2015
working there was a good experience. My co-workers were friendly but the supervisor not so much.She was always in rush and wanted everything to be done quickly.
More job less salary.
Prep Cook/Dishwasher/Line Cook (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BCOctober 10, 2015
I typically work at day time 7:30 to 2:30 and always busy day everyday, there's a lot of things to do but because of that I learned how to multi task job responsibilities.
Fun work environment and atmosphere
Grocery Clerk (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BCSeptember 16, 2015
Daily tasks depend on which department you work in. Unlike other stores, cross-department training is more common here. (at this location, False Creek). If you have the passion or desire for more than just a pay-my-bills job, it is attainable, but you have to show it. Transfers and internal job postings are frequent. Some based on time within company, some based on credentials and competency. Management is generally good, there is a rotation every 5 years of each manager, this can be great or horrible. Also, there is frequent rotation of staff, unfortunately after a while, the people you come to enjoy working with slowly leave. If you get hired with the right people, there is a lot of fun to be had. The job isn't hard, unless you aren't competent with basic work. The most enjoyable part is the freedom the management gives you, as well as the people.
Pros
Medical ( balance for year), ability to move up
Cons
unpaid meal breaks, no discount, terrible raises
different work environment
Sous Chef/Sushi Chef (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BCJune 2, 2015
its a tough job due to lack of staff needed
restaurant is run like the rest of the store which is not ideal
interesting food and unique ingredients
Very multi-cultural place with lots of product to offer.
Team Member - Bakery/Front End (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BCApril 23, 2015
My typical day at work is very busy and sometimes high paced but its very manageable. Although its not always easy especially when they only allow two people to work in my department a day. I would say the hardest part of the job is dealing with some of my co-workers who doesn't meet the expectations and duties that are laid out for them to do. The overall management at my work place is good but could be better. But at the end of the day its worth it working with people that are very diverse and cultural and love what they do.
Pros
Meeting new people
Cons
Shortage of staff
nice and easy workplace
Deli position (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BCAugust 28, 2014
great place to work, not busy
team work, operated slice machines, knwoledge about deli food
hard schedule
Helping customers out at the restaurant
Part Time Food Service Clerk (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BCJuly 3, 2014
great for students
flexible and outgoing co-workers
easy routine work
variety of tasks and responsibilities
sell healthy groceries
make coffee and beverages
take orders from customers
Pros
scheduled breaks, great union
Best job I ever had!
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Yale Town, Vancouver, B.C.,CanadaJune 13, 2014
This was a wonderful place to work! I would go back in a heart-beat no questions asked! The team was very supportive and very helpful! Everyone was accepted for who they are, and what they look like, with open arms even with ho professional this company is. There was many opportunities to help out in different department in the store. Lots of bonuses! The hardest part of the job for me was remembering all the different fruit and vegetable codes; as there were man of the similar fruits but imported from all over the world.
All staff members where treated fairly and equally regardless of your position in the store. I found everything about being at Urban Fare enjoyable.
Pros
efffective communication, welcoming setting, friendly work enviroment, very professional
Cons
travel time, and the schedule was hard to read.
Productive and always fun to work
Guest Services Associate (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BCJanuary 18, 2014
It is always fun working at Urban Fare. The management is nice and they are very flexible with your schedule.
Cashier, Team Leader, Customer Service
Cashier, Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BCOctober 14, 2013
Dealt directly with the public, processing customer’s purchases, helping customers with questions, inquiries and concerns. Responsible for training new hires, directing work to be done by the other cashiers, making sure all the rules are followed. Handled large amounts of cash on a daily basis.
Pros
was able to make decisions to improve the customer service
Cons
rate of pay was low.
Busy and productive work environment
Server (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BCSeptember 27, 2013
Work is usually busy with customers, I learned how to be organized and be fast paced, as well as working under pressure and dealing with customers wisely. Coworkers are usually nice, the management could be better but I usually focus on my work and nothing else. I like most about the job is interacting with all type of people and culture and getting to know about my work area and how I could improve myself in all situations.
Pros
nice location
Cons
managers weren't too nice
Productive and fun workplace
Produce/Grocery/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Vancouver BCJanuary 15, 2013
I thought I had a great experience, I would go into work and immediately be greeted by the staff and management. The management was superb and the staff were very hard working. The most enjoyable part of the job was interacting and helping new people find what they needed most
Pros
meeting new people
Cons
too many shifts
An enigma
Floral Helper (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BCDecember 29, 2012
Working for Urban Fare was like a dream, very surreal, shiny, polished and fast paced. I really enjoyed my experience though most of the people in my department including the Manger were tough to read, and therefore not always easy to communicate with. I was sad to leave due to an injury, but opportunities for advancement seemed to be mainly driven by favouritism if my observations were anything to go by. I would go back with enthusiasm but no expectations for a long term future with the company, though there are great benefits to be had for the higher grid employees and management. Perfect job for a young person, a great place to begin a career.
Pros
beautiful environment, access to exotic groceries.
Cons
fragmented, ethically flawed management.

Urban Fare Reviews by Location