Urban Fare Employee Reviews

El Mejor Lugar de Trabajo
Gerente de Restaurante (Former Employee) –  Vancouver BC CANADA16 July 2017
Es una de las mejores empresas para trabajar, ambiente de trabajo laboral amigable y proactive.
Good work atmosphere and helpful coworkers
Prep Cook (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC3 July 2017
Urban Fare alberni is a very good place to start your first job or for experience, however it is very difficult to advance in your job as they do not have a lot of people to train you and would rather hire people with experience
nice staff, cute girls, professional
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Kelowna, BC3 May 2017
the place seemed fine. cute girls, nice staff, decently relaxing. professional feeling about it, never a corner-cut or a slew-footing of coworkers. straightforward work.
being direct in contact with customers.
Cook (Former Employee) –  Kelowna, BC28 April 2017
the most enjoyable part of the job was I could work independent and use my artistic preference to create fruit for sell.
The worse part of the job was the heavy duty which is not suitable for a woman.
Hard to work
Barista/Server (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC27 March 2017
Loved my team for the most part, but there was a lack of responsibility within some parts of the team which led to others having to pick up slack. Customers were 50/50 but there were times where I felt uncomfortable as to how I was treated as an employee there.
Best place to work
Grocery Stocker (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC25 February 2017
Urban Fare is one of my favourite store. All the managers are so friendly and helpful. Even the team mates are also very nice and cooperative.
Fun, and exciting!
Deli/Bakery Clerk (Current Employee) –  Kelowna BC29 January 2017
Urban Fare is a great place to work, whether you need part time for school or full time! With so many different departments to work in it's always exciting! After 3 months you start getting benefits, after a year you get 2 weeks paid vacation. And it's part of a union!
Great
Front End Clerk, Departmental Clerk (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC25 January 2017
Great place to work in and very appreciative and helpful staff.
Co workers are great and helped to lighten the atmosphere
Day at work
Cap Bar Employee (Current Employee) –  Kelowna, BC27 August 2016
Its a minimum wage job you can't expect a whole lot and thats why im looking to move on, I'm more capable than urban Fare and I want to start progressing/
Pros
Latest you can work is 1015
Cons
petty customers
toxic work enviroment
Grocery Store Clerk (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC21 August 2016
the work place does not respect their employees and and does not honor the union contract. the coworkers are ok but the majority are lacking in any ability to fight for there rights when managment oversteps there boundaries
Pros
easy work
Cons
Bakery clerk wasn't challenging enough for me
Bakery Clerk (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC11 August 2016
It was a good place to work. But wasn't challenging enough and wasn't getting enough hours or pay. If these two things where different I would have lasted longer. But all around good company to work for
great team work and working atmosphere is very energetic
bakery clerk (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC26 June 2016
A superb place to work with great team members and managers. Gained good customer service and communication skills. I love enjoying talking to customers and helping them out.
enjoy with people
Receiving/Grocery clerk (Current Employee) –  Vancouver Harbour, BC15 January 2016
people are nice includ managers. if they pay more with benefit, this job will be the best. $10.45 per hours without benefit is explain why turn over rate is high
fun place to work
Permanent -Part time (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC14 November 2015
If you like interacting with different people , Urban Fare is fun place to work. Salary is lower than Superstore. You will learn a lot. In any workplace, you always meet good and bad Supervisor , so that will depend which department you are. My advise is do not work in the Restaurant or Cap Bar because it is a hardest job and lowest paid among the rest of the department.
Pros
learn a lot and stable company
Cons
low pay
friendly work place
COOK HELPER (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC13 November 2015
working there was a good experience. My co-workers were friendly but the supervisor not so much.She was always in rush and wanted everything to be done quickly.
More job less salary.
Prep Cook/Dishwasher/Line Cook (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC10 October 2015
I typically work at day time 7:30 to 2:30 and always busy day everyday, there's a lot of things to do but because of that I learned how to multi task job responsibilities.
Fun work environment and atmosphere
Grocery Clerk (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC16 September 2015
Daily tasks depend on which department you work in. Unlike other stores, cross-department training is more common here. (at this location, False Creek). If you have the passion or desire for more than just a pay-my-bills job, it is attainable, but you have to show it. Transfers and internal job postings are frequent. Some based on time within company, some based on credentials and competency. Management is generally good, there is a rotation every 5 years of each manager, this can be great or horrible. Also, there is frequent rotation of staff, unfortunately after a while, the people you come to enjoy working with slowly leave. If you get hired with the right people, there is a lot of fun to be had. The job isn't hard, unless you aren't competent with basic work. The most enjoyable part is the freedom the management gives you, as well as the people.
Pros
Medical ( balance for year), ability to move up
Cons
unpaid meal breaks, no discount, terrible raises
different work environment
Sous Chef/Sushi Chef (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC2 June 2015
its a tough job due to lack of staff needed
restaurant is run like the rest of the store which is not ideal
interesting food and unique ingredients
Very multi-cultural place with lots of product to offer.
Team Member - Bakery/Front End (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC23 April 2015
My typical day at work is very busy and sometimes high paced but its very manageable. Although its not always easy especially when they only allow two people to work in my department a day. I would say the hardest part of the job is dealing with some of my co-workers who doesn't meet the expectations and duties that are laid out for them to do. The overall management at my work place is good but could be better. But at the end of the day its worth it working with people that are very diverse and cultural and love what they do.
Pros
Meeting new people
Cons
Shortage of staff
nice and easy workplace
Deli position (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC28 August 2014
great place to work, not busy
team work, operated slice machines, knwoledge about deli food
hard schedule

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Urban Fare. Our community is ready to answer.

Urban Fare Reviews by Location