Another Exciting Opportunity…
Regional Visual Merchandiser
Location: Calgary, Alberta
There is an exciting opportunity to join our amazing Visual Team! This position is based out of Calgary but should be prepared to travel extensively throughout Alberta.
A. Monitors visual presentation standards in all regional store locations through regular store visits
- Evaluates floor plan to ensure accessibility, maximum space utilization and visual appeal
- Ensures stock is full and accessible for customers
- Makes sure floor models are in appropriate condition
- Ensures window and floor displays are uncluttered and appealing, highlighting colours and/or themes
- Ensures main collections are featured appropriately
- Makes sure a consistent, unified look is maintained among stores in region
B. Advises Store Managers on solutions to store-specific visual and merchandising challenges
C. Supports merchandising of stores within region, complying with established visual guidelines and adapting visual direction provided by Merchandising Manager
- Ensures product is continuously rotated in order to maintain a ‘fresh’ appearance
- Creates store floor plans to assist Store Managers with product placement decisions
- Identifies regional or store-specific opportunities and implements an action plan to increase sales
D. Supports Regional Managers in determining the optimum stock levels in particular locations
- Coordinates with the planning department to reallocate product to ensure maximum stock turn
- Advises on floor model sell-off to replace damaged pieces or to make room for new collections
E. Monitors store compliance with company merchandising directives and standards
- Completes store visit reports and prepares feedback for Regional Managers
- Follows up during each store visit via store walk-through to evaluate execution of directives and standards
- Engages in problem solving and action plan development for poor performing stores
F. Coordinates with Store Managers to prepare for and implement seasonal or promotional merchandising initiatives
G. Assists with all visual merchandising elements of new store openings, relocations and renovations in region
H. Maintains knowledge of key industry trends and local competition; incorporates ideas to ensure visual presentation remains current and competitive
I. Coaches and Trains Store Management and associates on product placement, merchandising standards and techniques and visual problem resolution
- Follows up post training to ensure understanding and compliance
J. Communicates regularly with Regional Manager and rest of the visual team on product sales, merchandising ideas, key trends and unique regional trends
- Participates in visual planning by contributing input for the visual strategy/vision
K. Promotes professionalism and cooperation between stores, warehouses and Head Office
- Promotes positive working team relationships with all departments and stores in order to contribute to an engaged and team-oriented company culture
- Communicates professionally, manages sensitive information and provides feedback on any communication challenges to the appropriate parties
Who We Seek
We are looking for hardworking, motivated, and team oriented individuals to join our Visual team. The ideal candidates will be self-motivated, visually gifted and have the desire to build their career with Urban Barn.
In return, we offer a fun work environment, an opportunity to work with amazing people and a great employee discount!
APPLY TODAY! Send your resume and cover letters quoting "VM-Alberta-IN" in the subject line. This posting will close on Tuesday, September 24, 2013 so act fast!
We first opened our doors in BC in 1990. The Urban Barn name came from the look of one of our original stores, which boasted rustic wooden floors and doors that were reminiscent of an old barn. We now have over 40 stores, servicing customers across Canada. We carry a host of great quality furniture, home decor and accents source locally and abroad, and travel extensively overseas to bring home unique styles you simply won't find in other stores.