Upstat Marketing Inc. Employee Reviews

It's ok.
Door to Door Sales (Former Employee) –  Kelowna, BC2 November 2017
Though management is good, lots of exercise, but is not a job for the faint of heart.

Your work companions are always nice, everyone's very helpful, but its hard work. The people at the door often think they know what they're talking about having never listened to any others before.
Pros
Free Mocha Latte every morning.
Cons
Long hours once travels included
Great people to work with
Sales (Current Employee) –  Kelowna, BC2 October 2017
Lots of fun people to work with. Lots of challenges but great bonuses. Door to door sales with lots of walking so being physically capable of walking all day is a must.
Valuable experience and rewarding income
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BC2 August 2017
At upstat there will always be a team leader or manager there to help you succeed however your success depends solely on the amount of work you put in and can be very rewarding. You will learn how to better your social skills through your confidence and voice as you will be talking to clients all day. Team meetings at the start of each day will help with product knowledge and the ins and outs of selling to the average consumer. This job gets easier with time and practice but it is important to stay motivated and persistent because some days your work will not reflect your income and other days it will. Overall it is a great opportunity to earn money and gain a set of skills that will be an asset to you in your career.
Pros
team environment, team groupchat to ask any questions, roadtrip opportunities.
Cons
Hours
Great training, great environment to learn and dictate your own success
Junior Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC16 May 2017
Upstat Marketing, and working in direct sales, was an area under the marketing umbrella that I wasn't yet too familiar with - and so I took the employment as a learning opportunity; To better communicate with and maintain customers, understand the sales funnel, manage a CRM, and close deals. Upstat taught me just that with excellent training, a great team of charismatic sales consultants to learn from, and a challenging work environment. With my time at the company, I grasped a valuable, hands-on understanding about personal selling and experiential marketing, and would recommend the job to anyone looking to do the same.
Best Place To Work
Sales person Door to Door (Current Employee) –  Kelowna, BC28 March 2017
I love upstat marketing it's one of the best jobs I have ever had so far, pay is good people are amazing friendly and help when you need it awesome experience I had no clue I could ever be a sales person but now I have opened up a lot to new people and just love my team and work! Thanks Upstat
Pros
Friendly, People, Exercise, Experience
Cons
Doors being slammed in face, rude customers
team based opportunity
Door to Door Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Delta, BC10 March 2017
Fun place to work and gain experience in sales. Salary is based on how hard you work so it can be either great of terrible its up to you. many bonuses
Pros
team environment
Cons
are you willing to learn hard sell
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Kamloops, BC8 October 2016
great for opportunity that is pretty entrepreneurial. however, training was disorganized, office disorganized, and spending more money than I had to get good. they will dissuade you from taking the base pay plus but that may be a better fit for training. i was looking for the learning, and the team rushed it. so....Na, not willing to do that. i ran my own business for six years, built it on customer loyalty and follow up and soft sell and referrals. hard sell works as a numbers game, but comes at a cost....so...we parted
Pros
great enthusiasm
Cons
commission hard sell
Shady AF Door 2 Door
Authorized TELUS Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Surrey14 September 2016
Don't waste your time. It's door 2 door and you're considered as working for yourself so taxes are a nightmare. Also its a pyramid scheme. Just don't. Also Steve Hyugh is the biggest liar you'll ever meet. Have fun.
Pros
Cons
door 2 door, lying, crooks, bad pay, contractor etc etc
Love the job
Sales Consultant (Current Employee) –  Kelowna, BC21 June 2016
Management is great, they train you well and are always supportive. I'm not going to lie, the job isn't for everyone but if you have the drive and determination, you will do well in this environment!
Pros
Being out doors, great opportunity for amazing commission
Cons
Long hours, possibility of hostile interactions
Aweseome place to work at
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Vancouver20 June 2016
Literally one of the best places I've worked at. Salary is pretty good and so are the people I work with.
Pros
Good management, good salary, amazing colleagues
Awesome, fun place to work
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC20 June 2016
Great company to work for. All the employees are super encouraging of each other, with great personalities. Manager are helpful in building your skills as a sales person. Overall awesome experience
Pros
Awesome co-workers
Cons
Longish hours
Extremely educational, high value work experience
Outside Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Kelowna, BC20 June 2016
This job will challenge you to grow as a person and as a sales rep, but it will provide you with every opportunity to succeed in a friendly and welcoming work culture. If you want reliable safe and boring shift work, where you can come in hung over and slog through the day... move along.

If you're ready to level up your game, give 110% every day, and learn from some sharks, this is the job for you. Be prepared to be accountable to yourself and your peers and to learn, grow, and make money. It is very much a "sink or swim" atmosphere but the company is incredibly supportive and flexible with its reps - as long as you do the work and deliver results.

It's not for everyone, for sure. But it is an excellent workplace.
Pros
Commission sales, lots of outdoor time, great pay for entry level work
love it
Sales representitive (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB20 June 2016
I love this company, worked here just over 4 months. Already became a team leader. The people are great, super awesome teams. Management is super easy to work with and get along with. Over all would never second guess this job, there's nothing but room to grow, learn and advance here. By far the best job I've ever had.
Valuable and fun experience learning about sales and how to sell
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC20 June 2016
You get a lot of experience making sales. They teach you how to sell and there is the opportunity to make a lot of money. It is door to door however, so sometimes it can get difficult and you have to be able to adjust to the weather. The hours can also be long but the longer and harder you work the more you make.
Pros
potential for high pay, great atmosphere, awesome coworkers
Cons
Long hours, have to work outdoors
Very exciting experience
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB20 June 2016
I had absolutely no experience when I started this job and the amount of support not only from management but from the whole team is the reason I'm where I'm at right now! Very driven people and just all around a great experience. I've learned so much from product knowledge to how to talk to people. I get to experience something new everyday. This job pushes me to do great things and to never stop!
Pros
Helpful management. Ecouraging team. Ability to grow. Road trips.
Cons
Door slams.
Working as a sales representative
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC20 June 2016
Hands down the best company culture I have ever experienced. Awesome team of co-workers and even better management. The company grows with its employees, always motivating and investing in them. Long hours but the motivation and pay makes up for it. Hands on training with a lot to learn about sales, customer service, leadership as well as personal growth. Truly great financially. Definitely recommend this opportunity!
Pros
Great team spirit a lot of support an motivation, a huge growth opportunity
Cons
Long hours but the pay makes up for it
Great place to earn,learn,and grow!
Team leader (Current Employee) –  Nanaimo, BC20 June 2016
I left a job in the food service industry exactly 5 months ago today. I have never looked back since. I was earning about $2100 a month cooking at a pub and barely getting by. Since I joined the upstat team I have been able to maintain an average of $1000 a week consistently. This gas allowed me to not have to worry about bills anymore and get a car on the road. I an now a team leader and training new people how to do what I do and I make extra money from this asite well. So yes we work a few more hours than most but we get wknd off and have the money to enjoy them. 😊 I love upstat 😊
Pros
Excellent bunch of positive people
Supportive work environment
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC20 June 2016
People in Upstat and the training provided make it worth the long hours. You can have a good support system while making a very good amount for a job with no experience requirement.
Pros
Salary and people
Interesting work experience
Customer Solutions Expert (Current Employee) –  Kelowna, BC18 June 2016
With my experience with Upstat its been interesting. Sometimes its a very challenging job and can be frustrating. You need to have an open mind, thick skin and most of all be able to communicate with people. This job is about people skills.
I have never done sales before I started with Upstat two or so months ago. I had worked in a restaurant business as a server and I left because of the opportunity to make money. This is a commission job, and with commission comes the aspect of selling products. The more you sell, the more you make. For some people it isn't easy and for some its a good way to make money because it drives them.
For me personally I may not continue doing door to door in the future, but I will forever take the experience I've gained over the last 2 months over any other kind. It builds people skills and improves you as a person. I feel a lot more personable with people and the only thing I can think of for improving that is working with Upstat Marketing.
Pros
Experience as a person, co-workers are fun
Cons
Sometimes long hours
Fun atmosphere
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Kelowna, BC18 June 2016
The people you work with are great and lots of fun, management help you strive to be the best sales rep you can be.

You really get out what you put in and people that strive to do better generally will within Upstat.
Pros
Great people

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Upstat Marketing Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

Upstat Marketing Inc. Reviews by Location