UOIT

UOIT Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Positive, Friendly Enviroment with a work-life balance
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee), Oshawa ONJuly 4, 2014
Pros: flexibity, positive work atmosphere, work from home
As a teaching assistant for "Business Math II" (Calculus for Business) I was responsible for a portion of the students enrolled in the course. Which was about approximately 80 students. I was responsible for marking the weekly assignments for these students and I had a set deadline each week which I was required to meet. During exam time I would be – more... responsible for marking the mid-term and final exams as well.
I would also be required to hold weekly office hours which allowed the students to drop in for extra help with the course content.
On a few occasions I also conducted the technical portion of the lecture (tutorial). In the tutorial we would review the weeks content by applying the mathematical concepts to real life business scenarios. – less
Clean professional environment
full-time mobile technician (Former Employee), Oshawa, ONMarch 21, 2014
• Imaging of hundredsof laptops for students.
• Troubleshoot software issue and account permission related programs.
• Solve printer and print server related issues.
• Determine hardware problems with laptops,
• Configuring proper AD student information
Research Assistant / teacher Assistant
Research Assistant (Current Employee), OshawaOctober 28, 2012
Plant Simulation by AspenHysys
 Implemented energy lost in building by FluentFluent
 Studied on safety issues and possible hazards on refineries and chemical industries
 Studied deterministic and probabilistic real time hazard and risk analysis in process industries
 Studied computer based automated HAZOP analysis
 Designed safety performance indicators – more... and risk reduction factors – less
Productive Environment allowing multiple interactions with people daily
Campus Safe Walk (Former Employee), Oshawa, ONJune 22, 2012
Pros: proactive environment
Cons: not an actively work prone job
A typical day at work would be to set-up the table necessary for the job. Then take walks on tour around the university campus asking anyone if they need a walk or provide them with any questions they may have. Each shift must be worked in pairs and cooperation between each other is a must for a successful shift.