UNOde50 Employee Reviews

Unode50
Manager (Current Employee) –  Miami, FL8 November 2017
Is a good company to work for but not much opportunity for growth. In addition, hours vary depending on sales so many employees are been affected by this.
Ambiente de trabajo aburrido
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Barcelona28 September 2017
Te ponen las horas que les salen de allí,
No respetan tus necesidades,
Si llegas a los objetivos te dan una miseria de comisión,
Deja mucho que desear el management.
Sólo se puede apreciar su salario, las piezas se rompen con mucha facilidad y no hay servicio de reparación.
Te piden que hagas el trabajo de manager aun siendo un simple Sales Assistant.
Hay buen ambiente y compañerismo aunque un poco falsos, es lo que pasa en tiendas así.

Si necesitas dinero, y no tienes muchos problemas con que te pongan horarios rotativos y locos... Es un buen trabajo, muy poco estrés, normalmente poca afluencia y esta bien pagado para lo que es.
Pros
Salario
Cons
Others are being nice. Stay away
Corporate Employee (Former Employee) –  New York, NY20 September 2017
Have you ever heard of them? No. So don't work for them. Its that simple. These people hinder their own success by failing to have any kind of finite plan. Be warned, a typical day going to work for this company consists of them expecting you to give them all of the information you have learned in your entire career and then never being acknowledged or listened to. The CEO, and the other corporate management are a joke. Its almost like working in a movie where the bosses are doing the most terrible, bird-brained things and you're left to pick up the pieces. They micromanage everything and execute nothing. Bills are not paid on time or accurately. Vendors, employees, retailers, etc will call you expecting payment. Be prepared with answers about how you have no control over them getting paid. Don't expect to be respected or for people to be on time for anything. Home office in Spain thinks they are selling Chopard level jewelry and refuse to acknowledge product defects. Expect to spend of lot of time cleaning up all the messes the CEO and HR make. They have zero experience in the American market and you must speak Spanish to fully understand them most of the time. its not worth the trouble. Stay Away.
Cons
no benefits, lots of work, low pay
Horrible company
Boutique Store Manager/Recruiter (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CA18 September 2017
It's one of the worst companies i ever worked for. upper management has no respect for you AT ALL.. they harass you on your days off. unrealistic goals and no support.
Overall lack of direction
Sales Associate Key Holder (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NV4 September 2017
Uno is a good first job if you are looking to get into high end sales. A lot is required of you with little compensation. This store and staff are small so everyone plays a part in the daily routine. From emails, shipment, back stock, visuals, and most importantly selling! Being part of a small team makes it easy to learn about the product and clienteling. You have an individual sales goal and the store as a whole has a monthly goal. Now in order to get any commission for your individual sales, the store has to make 90% of its monthly goal. So if you make the company 12K and the store as a whole doesn't make 90% you get ZERO. Now if you don't make your individual sales goal, you get written up. You get 3 chances to miss your goal, then you get fired. I think them holding you responsible as an individual for your goal, but not giving you the money you earned for your individual sales is wrong. You can miss out on $200-500 a month! A store bonus only happens if the store makes 100% Now I would urge you to ask how well the store is doing that you are interviewing for. Most of the stores in the US are below, so these extras won't matter. A day at Uno can be really slow, lots of walk-ins so you really have to know how to sell. Conversion is a must! All of our clients are great, they are usually really excited about the brand and love to add on to their existing collection. I'm very lucky that I have a fantastic store manager. Most of us stay because of her knowledge and positivity. Everyone at our store tries very hard to do our best everyday. The company markets themselves as being  more... unique and genderless, but they tend to micromanage, from uniforms, the shade of lipstick, the 4 monthly jewelry looks you have to pick from. You don't really have a choice when it comes to creativity within this company. The changes they have made makes you feel like you are easily replaceable. Even if you have great client feedback, if you don't get the money, it doesn't matter.  less
Pros
Good learning experience to move to high-end
Cons
high-end selling culture without the pay/commission
Buen ambiente de trabajo
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Madrid19 July 2017
Aprendí mucho sobre fidelización de clientes y trabajo en equipo.
Cultura empresarial
Encargada de tienda (Former Employee) –  Madrid24 June 2017
Fuerte cultura empresarial que plasma perfectamente los valores de la compañia y su identidad de marca
Pros
Horario
Cons
Turno
Trabajo estable
Dependienta (Former Employee) –  La Roca del Vallès, Barcelona14 May 2017
En este trabajo aprendí los pilares fundamentales en la atención al cliente mientras terminaba mi grado en Dirección Hotelera.
the worst company to work for
Manager (Former Employee) –  Boston, MA1 April 2017
For me it was a very bad, horrible experience working for this company. They do not respect employees, and every manager works with the fear of being fired at some point. I don't recommend thins company to anyone, it is not worth your time and energy, the pay is very low for the stress and pressure they put on you. Most of the upper management are bullies, and HR department is a joke.
The jewelry is cheap and poor quality, and most probably made in China.
Pros
the benefits are good, health and dental
Cons
no break, poor technology, almost no vacation time is you are a manager, never enough staff in the store, rediculous operational tasks
Excelente ambiente de trabajo
Asesor de ventas (Former Employee) –  Panama29 January 2017
Apertura y cierre de local. Encargado de tienda. Experiencia en ventas y atención especial a clientes.

Want to know more about UNOde50?

Ask a question
el sueldo
Dependienta (Former Employee) –  Bilbao, Vizcaya19 January 2017
Lo mejor sin duda el sueldo y si encima trabajas con dedicación y te gusta lo que haces las comisiones por tus ventas vendrán solas.
Es un trabajo precioso a quien le guste el mundo de la joyería.
Los contras es que puedes tener claro que en esta empresa es imposible tener compatibilidad familiar, y mucho menos querer tener familia, eso es = al despido.
Pros
gran parte de las compañeras
Cons
sueldo
Harassed
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Boston, MA31 December 2016
I was hired as the assistant manager and a week later I got in trouble for telling someone, was told no, I'm only a sales associate (making ASM pay). Later got disciplined for sharing my wages (illegal). Told by one employee that I'm too young for the job, to be married and to commute so far. The managers response? "You have a weird life people are going to be mean about it"

Laughed at when bringing concerns to the table, awful experience. Young company, has no clue how to operate and enforce policy or train employees.
Benefits
Cons
No management, no leadership, no policy, youre just harassed if you're new.
Buen ambiente de trabajo.
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Las Rozas de Madrid, Madrid27 December 2016
Poca consideración hacia la compatibilidad con los estudios, salarios muy bajos y dejadez hacia la gestión interna de los empleados.
Very good company
sales consultant (Former Employee) –  Paris (75)6 March 2016
I really enjoin my work in this company! it was a great experience!
Great Opportunities
Full Time Sales Associate; Visual Stylist (Current Employee) –  Paramus, NJ28 January 2016
Uno de 50 has been a great learning experience for me. I started as a part time and was move to full time with in 5 months. The company is great at keep a relationship between the stores and the corporate office.
Management has changed since I started working; most of it has been of great advantage for the brand.
A typical day at work for me is rearranging the store and visuals. as well as helping customers and closing sales.
I enjoy training my co-workers and helping customers.
Pros
Bonus
Cons
Short breaks
Genial ambiente y gente humana
Vendedora/Dependienta (Former Employee) –  IB26 September 2015
Creo que es la única empresa en la que me han tratado de forma humana. Te dan la posibilidad de aprender el funcionamiento total de la empresa como por ejemplo a nivel administrativo de forma que todo el equipo se encarga de hacerlo y así como la posibilidad de contacto individual con la central y departamentos.
Nada queda oculto.

El ambiente laboral fue super agradable: la comunicación siempre estaba presente así que eso ayudaba sobretodo para evitar malentendidos con las ventas.

Fue como una pequeña familia ya que los veía cada día y compartíamos mucho!
Pros
descanso pertinente, horas extras, ambiente, comunicación
Cons
tenía que estar al detalle con la nómina.
1 Thumb Up
Int'l Wholesale Manager (Current Employee) –  New York, NY29 April 2015
This is an incredibly concept for a store! The merchandise is incredible, but since it is ran from Spain - the Spanish Home Office is tightly involved and micromanaged.
If they can consistently pay their bills - and open up locations in good areas, then this shop could be incredible.
Pros
Great Product
Cons
Does not pay their bills
Good Company
Manager (Current Employee) –  Chesterfield5 March 2015
A day at unode50 is a low end day with no foot traffic.. I love this job for only a few reasons my team and meeting new people. I think that this company needs to be more focus on the behavior of the people then numbers.. They need to teach how to upsell then expect someone to know how to do it right off the bat. I learned many different way to upsell and get a product out there and teach customers about our brand and how its so different . The hardest part of this company is they do everything backwards and throw there staff in and expect them to know what there doing.
Productive fun workplace
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Boston, MA11 March 2014
You work hard and you get what you want. They are very understanding and the push your abilities to bring out the best in you. The hardest part of the job is always being in competition with others. You cant go home and relax because you have to find ways to be better than someone else and think of other strategies.
Pros
flexiblle schedule
Cons
can't think of any.
Productive company that I will Grow in and learn new skills
Assistant Store Manager (Flagship) (Former Employee) –  Garden City, NY10 March 2014
Brand New Company that has the ability to become one of the greatest companies, While there I learned how to run a business.
*Great staff that was eager to learn
*Co-Workers was willing to take the initial challenge to do what is needed for the company Development

Ask a question about working or interviewing at UNOde50. Our community is ready to answer.