University of the Fraser Valley Employee Reviews

Great place to work...
Auxiliary Assistant (Current Employee) –  Abbotsford, BC14 December 2017
...but not so great as an auxiliary. No guarantee of hours can lead to weeks with nothing at all. Permanent jobs posted are hard to apply to because of stringent minimal requirements unique to university settings, some of which can only be learned on the job.
great place to work
Instructor (Former Employee) –  Abbotsford, BC21 October 2017
It was a challenging position as it was my first time teaching!

I would love to work more at UFV but they are not offering the course this year!

The people I worked with at UFV were amazing
Fun workplace
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Abbotsford, BC10 October 2017
University of the Fraser Valley (UFV), gave me an outstanding experience of a balanced work-study life. The DEAN has been always kind to offer me job positions that worked with my class schedules.
productive, challenging and fun workplace
Network lab Assistant (Former Employee) –  Abbotsford, BC2 July 2017
UFV provides an amazing educational experience. Class sizes are small and there are plenty of opportunities to really get to know your professors.....
Just a Lab Assistant
Classroom Lab Assistant (Former Employee) –  Abbotsford, BC1 July 2017
Good time and helped my lto enhance my learning as I was able to listen to course content from different proifessors and able to answer questions from my peers, which I may not have asked or tought of when previously enrolled in the course myself.,
Pros
Learning with my peers
Cons
limited in hours
Excellent experience
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Abbotsford, BC19 March 2017
Typically we collected water and weather data at different sites in Fort Langley and Abbotsford, using various equipment. I enjoyed working as a research assistant collecting water samples from the Fraser River and tributaries, as water management and coastal systems are my passion. The data we collected was sent to Woods Hole Oceanographic Institute in furtherance of the Global Rivers Observatory Project.
Pros
Experience with equipment
Good university
Teaching Assistant (Current Employee) –  Abbotsford, BC9 October 2016
UFV is a nice place to study. Small classrooms make a good study environment to learn. They should offer pay per credit to all students. It makes learning easier
Working one on one with International Students
Organizational Officer (Former Employee) –  Abbotsford, BC5 July 2016
During my time at the University of the Fraser Valley, I had the opportunity to work with people from different backgrounds and people from all over the world. It was my duty to make sure that they settled into campus life as comfortable as possible and encouraged them to participate in different events and programs as much as possible. While engaging with those from different backgrounds of culture I was able to emotionally support those dealing with culture shock and directed them to different resources such as the counselors provided by the University. I also had the opportunity to facilitate different programs and events aimed towards the promotion of diversity in the university realm. This allowed me to connect and learn different cultures and people and was a beautiful experience.
It's School
Lab Technician (Current Employee) –  Langley, BC2 July 2016
I went to school here for my first period apprenticeship, they teach you a lot you need to know and even a bit that you don't need to know.
great university
Global Engagement Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Abbotsford, BC25 May 2016
I am gonna miss this university. I really like the class sizes and because of that instructors know me by my name not numbers.
Very flexible with work-study student schedule
TEACHING & PROGRAMMING LAB ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Abbotsford, BC20 May 2016
The job position is very helpful for students to support them with close supervision during lectures and programming lab.
Pros
Flexible
Flexible Schedule
Photo Lab Technician (Former Employee) –  Photography Lab14 March 2016
Working in the photo lab gave me a flexible Schedule to work around my university classes. It allowed me to work and still focus on my classes.
Love this work
Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Abbotsford, BC22 February 2016
The professor whom I work with is very professional and easy-going. She is a wonderful person as well as a good mentor. The working atmosphere is inclusive and friendly. I learn a lot from this job and from my professor in addition to contributing my skills and knowledge as well.
Fun work place
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Abbotsford, BC11 February 2016
Amazing workplace environment, great culture and good salary. I enjoyed everyday of my work at UFV. Everyday there is something new to learn
Great
Professor's Assistant (Former Employee) –  Abbotsford, BC11 November 2015
It was immensely enjoyable to work under a professor in a field I'm extremely interested in. It made me wish to one day return as a professor.
a very nice collage to work at
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Abbotsford, BC10 November 2015
In this university, I learned how to fast search articles and how to be efficient while working, Working in high pressure helped me learn a lot.
Growing University with small to medium class sizes
administrative assistant (Former Employee) –  Abbotsford, BC8 November 2015
Fun and supportive work place; Promotes professional development; Lots of learning opportunities if take initiative to apply.
Pros
Friendly people
Cons
Strict regulations
Fun workplace with helpful management, learned a lot from them
Creative Visual Marketing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Abbotsford, BC11 May 2015
This was a temporary work study position I held while finishing my degree, but provided me with a lot of experience within the graphic design and marketing fields.
Dynamics office with efficient and well rounded peers
Web Designer (Former Employee) –  Abbotsford, BC15 April 2015
This was a 3 month practicum; where I was tasked with blog creation and management, updating web pages, and maintaining a social media presence. The management gave structured and yet very flexible outlines of what was expected. The hardest part of the job was learning all the new software I was using; however, this was also the most enjoyable part of my time spend at UFV international.
Pros
Relaxed atmosphere
Cons
Small desk
Great opportunity
Athletics Events Assistant (Former Employee) –  Abbotsford, BC2 August 2014
Event Management.
Learned a great deal about leadership and how sporting events worked in a University league setting.
Pros
Fun and entertaining