University of Winnipeg

University of Winnipeg Canada Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Good to learn
Teacher's Assistant/Marker (Current Employee), Winnipeg, MBJanuary 4, 2015
It's a great learning opportunity as you mark paper you learn new things.
Senior Research Assistant
Senior Research Assistant (Former Employee), Winnipeg, MBSeptember 8, 2014
Completed Algorithm design, programming, tests in different cycles for DND Database Pattern Search within environment of Java, Web interface, Apache, Tomcat, IIS, PHP, JSP, Java, SQL Server 2000, MS Access
The work place is productive, educative and full of creativity and space to relax
Graduate Research Assistant (Current Employee), Winnipeg, MBJuly 22, 2014
Pros: free lunch
Cons: moderate
A typical day at work is you have to be fully prepared and to know the subject and the topic to treat for the day very well, by constant reading, studying and searching for updated information before presenting it to students.

I have learned how to present a seminar through power point presentation, how to communicate to students by so doing I am improving my communication skills.

The management are so friendly ready to answer any questions and provide relevant assistance, I may require.

We work as a team, collaborators and learn from each other.

The hardest part of the job is every day you have to research and update your information to students, do a lot of demonstrations in a simple term for students to understand you better.

The most enjoyable part of the job, it makes you always committed to your job, gathering new information, learning more skills, socializing with different personality and more productive.
Productive Work
Office Assistant III (Former Employee), Winnipeg, MBJuly 15, 2014
Pros: free parking
Cons: long hours
-To hit the target of auditing and entering 2500 used airline tickets
-Learned how to do auditing and financial reporting
-Management is not 100% supportive to the needs of the employees
-Co-workers lacks of professionalism
-Working with very unprofessional co-workers
-To work with a very supportive Admin Manager and always see the positive side of you.
Good experience gained
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee), Winnipeg, MBApril 16, 2014
Wonderful environment that encourages research building and learning.
great
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee), Winnipeg, MBApril 5, 2014
good professor
good students
great working environment
learned a lot
Friendly and warm place
Grad research assistant/ Laboratory instructor (Current Employee), Winnipeg, MBMarch 15, 2014
Pros: yes sometimes free lunch
Cons: haha, maybe the rush when you have to finish more than 2 projects in a same time
The three hours lab teaching start with stress, you never know how your students are and how much they will connect with you until you walk between them and get to know their each personality and their way to learn or to be able to open their ears and communication channels. but after half an hour or one hour the work is rewarded when at list 70% of the students understand the mechanisms of science. Then the environment is relaxed , we are connected.
I love my job
Baker (Current Employee), Winnipeg, MBMarch 13, 2014
Everything perfect since working in bakeries, professional baking program is really helping me on this career, being nice and kind with co-workers and working great in team work. Starting at midnight is the toughest part of the job, anyway, i love my job!
Operations position managing all day to day
Management Executive (Former Employee), Winnipeg, MBDecember 9, 2013
Cons: temp position, uncertain and not protected with u of w union.
Loved working here. Great work and it was rewarding helping students. To learn more please see resume and cover.
Coach
Assistant Wrestling Coach (Former Employee), Winnipeg, MBNovember 18, 2013
I coached here for a semester so I could be on the team and I earned a national championship at the end of the year.
Great place to do a degree
Student (Former Employee), Winnipeg, MBSeptember 14, 2013
I was a part time and full time student in the Masters of Marriage and Family Therapy program, and the University of Winnipeg is a great place to study.
Excellent Working environment
Instructor (Current Employee), Winnipeg, MBJune 6, 2013
I have learned lot about how an institution runs and the interaction environment.
Sales, Key Holder
Student (Former Employee), Winnipeg, MBMay 14, 2013
Pros: fun, kids, toys
Cons: seasonal, not enough hours
Opened and closed store. Responsible for daily cash operations, processed returns/exchanges. Received orders, stocked shelves, and maintained store schematic. Knowledgeable about products provided customers with best service possible.
nice aand fun
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Winnipeg, MBFebruary 25, 2013
it was nice to work there but i needed much more advancement and more oppurtunity

About University of Winnipeg

The University of Winnipeg (http://www.uwinnipeg.ca) is one of western Canada's leading post-secondary educational institutions. – Read more