University of Winnipeg Employee Reviews in Canada

A fascinating and fast paced work environment
Transcriber (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBApril 28, 2016
There are many different jobs on the campus of U of Wpg, but they all share a fast-pace and intensely social environment full of students and staff. It's a great place to work if you are someone committed to lifelong learning and enjoy opportunities to become engaged in special interest groups and the community.
Pros
Progressive, liberal workplace
Cons
Many jobs dry up and disappear over the summer break
Culturally welcoming
Research Participant (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBFebruary 26, 2016
A great place to work or get your education! The environment is very culturally and environmentally friendly. I would recommend this university to anyone~
good learning experience.
Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBFebruary 19, 2016
I am graduate research assistant at University of Winnipeg. My supervisor was very helpful. I do recommend others to proceed with their master's.
fun and very productive.
Instructor (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBJanuary 19, 2016
The students were very enthusiastic, studios, friendly and overall goal oriented. I had a very good time and enjoyed the occasional staff- students get together.
Pros
Amiable co-workers
Cons
Non
Fantastic job with unlimited learning possibilities
Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBDecember 1, 2015
I personally enjoy my flexible yet challenging job as a Research Assistant, and always love to try new tasks and get involved.
A Great learning experience
Aerial and Remote Sensing Lab Monitor (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBJuly 26, 2015
During my time working as a lab monitor I learnt that having a creative way of illustrating technical ideas was important to teaching other students. My Professor was very amazing and a source of information. Creating connections with students was a great experience to help them out in the lab class and talk to them out of class in other courses we shared.
Definitely a place where you can advance and grow
Office Administrator (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBApril 10, 2015
A fairly hierarchical organization, but one that values education and advancement opportunities for faculty and staff.
A typical day is dependent on the needs of the department. The hardest part of the job is that because it's so hierarchical, lower positions aren't given the same respect as higher positions, regardless of how much they contribute. The most enjoyable part of the job is access to a variety of different people.
Pros
Free lectures and seminars - sometimes even free courses
Cons
Strict hours
Great job!
Private Tutor (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBFebruary 11, 2015
I learned a lot there as a student and they were a great company to work for. I believe it is a great school to attend and work at.
Good to learn
Teacher's Assistant/Marker (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBJanuary 4, 2015
It's a great learning opportunity as you mark paper you learn new things.
Senior Research Assistant
Senior Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBSeptember 8, 2014
Completed Algorithm design, programming, tests in different cycles for DND Database Pattern Search within environment of Java, Web interface, Apache, Tomcat, IIS, PHP, JSP, Java, SQL Server 2000, MS Access
The work place is productive, educative and full of creativity and space to relax
Graduate Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBJuly 22, 2014
A typical day at work is you have to be fully prepared and to know the subject and the topic to treat for the day very well, by constant reading, studying and searching for updated information before presenting it to students.

I have learned how to present a seminar through power point presentation, how to communicate to students by so doing I am improving my communication skills.

The management are so friendly ready to answer any questions and provide relevant assistance, I may require.

We work as a team, collaborators and learn from each other.

The hardest part of the job is every day you have to research and update your information to students, do a lot of demonstrations in a simple term for students to understand you better.

The most enjoyable part of the job, it makes you always committed to your job, gathering new information, learning more skills, socializing with different personality and more productive.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
moderate
Productive Work
Office Assistant III (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBJuly 15, 2014
-To hit the target of auditing and entering 2500 used airline tickets
-Learned how to do auditing and financial reporting
-Management is not 100% supportive to the needs of the employees
-Co-workers lacks of professionalism
-Working with very unprofessional co-workers
-To work with a very supportive Admin Manager and always see the positive side of you.
Pros
free parking
Good experience gained
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBApril 16, 2014
Wonderful environment that encourages research building and learning.
great
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBApril 5, 2014
good professor
good students
great working environment
learned a lot
Friendly and warm place
Grad research assistant/ Laboratory instructor (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBMarch 15, 2014
The three hours lab teaching start with stress, you never know how your students are and how much they will connect with you until you walk between them and get to know their each personality and their way to learn or to be able to open their ears and communication channels. but after half an hour or one hour the work is rewarded when at list 70% of the students understand the mechanisms of science. Then the environment is relaxed , we are connected.
Pros
yes sometimes free lunch
Cons
haha, maybe the rush when you have to finish more than 2 projects in a same time
I love my job
Baker (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBMarch 13, 2014
Everything perfect since working in bakeries, professional baking program is really helping me on this career, being nice and kind with co-workers and working great in team work. Starting at midnight is the toughest part of the job, anyway, i love my job!
Operations position managing all day to day
Management Executive (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBDecember 9, 2013
Loved working here. Great work and it was rewarding helping students. To learn more please see resume and cover.
Cons
temp position, uncertain and not protected with u of w union.
Coach
Assistant Wrestling Coach (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBNovember 18, 2013
I coached here for a semester so I could be on the team and I earned a national championship at the end of the year.
Great place to do a degree
Student (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBSeptember 14, 2013
I was a part time and full time student in the Masters of Marriage and Family Therapy program, and the University of Winnipeg is a great place to study.
Excellent Working environment
Instructor (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBJune 6, 2013
I have learned lot about how an institution runs and the interaction environment.

4.6