University of Windsor Employee Reviews

Professional and organized atmosphere
Law School Student Researcher/Caller (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON19 May 2017
Did research for law school. Reached out to alumni regarding school events and donations. Built customer service and organizational skills while maintaining confidentiality at all times.
Sculpture Room Monitor
Sculpture Room Monitor (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON18 May 2017
For students looking for a good and easy job while studying this job allowed you to get a good mix between the two. The job entailed you working a minimum of 10 hrs a week.
Not dynamic place,
Post-Doctoral Fellow / Lecturer (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON28 April 2017
The University of Windsor also ushered in a new era in September 2015 with the opening of classes at the first phase of its downtown campus in the heart of Windsor’s core. The new building—which retains the historic facade of the former Windsor Star newspaper building—houses the School of Social Work and the Centre for Executive and Professional Education.

The second phase of the downtown campus—now under construction—will include the School of Creative Arts, which will be located in the century-old site of the Windsor Armouries and an adjacent, new building.
Excellent Opportuinity to grow
Graduate Assistant (Current Employee) –  Windsor, ON28 April 2017
Being an Graduate Assistant helps being more involved in studies and interacting with students. It brings the best out of you. I absolutely loved doing my job.
Provided a strong foundation for skills and experiences that can be applied in daily life.
Graduate Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON24 April 2017
The school provided a strong foundation and experience through various jobs pertaining to administration and career opportunities. Overall, the skills provided have helped me in my pursuit for a career and I am very thankful for the experience.
Great workplace
Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Windsor, ON24 April 2017
Great workplace. Management tends to be lacking in direction sometimes. Great coworkers and hours, though sometimes things can take a long time to process at the University.
Productive and accommodating
Faculty of law, Graduate Assistant (Current Employee) –  Windsor, ON19 April 2017
I learned how to manage my time. The staffs are friendly and willing to teach. What I like most about the workplace is that it accommodate diversities of persons. There is mutual respect.
Great students but research and hiring could be better
Lecturer (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON18 April 2017
There's good potentials for having a decent university in Windsor but at least during my tenure, I felt that the growth of the school was hindered by how the near-retiring faculty insisted on keeping things like in the old days. U. Windsor could be much better after hiring some young faculty that's (un)fortunately is abundant in Canada.
A very rewarding work experience
Employment Advisor (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON13 April 2017
Working at the University is ever changing. It is very important to be adaptable and adapt quickly to those changes. It is a very professional environment and people work very hard in each position. As much as I enjoyed working there, I wish it came with more security than temporary, part-time work. This uncertainty made things very stressful for me.
Pros
Good team to work with
Cons
No job security in my specific position
A worthy and stimulating study environment
Graduate Teaching Assistant (Current Employee) –  Windsor, ON30 March 2017
the university is doing well in all the areas of discipline. They seek to impart the best in their students and encourage them unto productive scholarship for gainful employment after school.
Pros
conferences and good research labs
Cons
could be stressful
Great Place to work
Exam Proctor (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON23 March 2017
Any student looking for work while taking classes has many opportunities to find employment here. You can proctor, do tours, and a wide range of other tasks.
Very fun workplace with decent hours and pay!
Teacher's Assistant (Current Employee) –  Windsor, ON18 March 2017
The work does not necessarily feel like work, as proctoring and marking exams is a lot of fun for me. This job has given me some experience into the field which I would like to go into once I graduate.
great
Student (Current Employee) –  Windsor, ON27 February 2017
i love school and the program in which i am taking just wish they would accept more people in the professional years. your learning experiences are in a very. class are well instructed.
Pros
great education
Cons
poor parking
Very nice atmosphere at work
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON23 February 2017
Very supportive and encouraging. Great atmosphere at work. I learnt about work ethics. Overall, it was a good and enriching experience.
Nice college and environment
Research Analyst (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON11 February 2017
It's good to work with the nice professor and my amazing team. They are all with so much passion with the research and reliable. And we all joined the badminton afternoon every week.
Flexible work schedule just meets every two weeks and then you can finish your part at anywhere you want. Just before the next meeting. Learned Python, requirements gathering skills, communication skills, teamwork and biology knowledge. The large meeting room with the nice facility. Everyone is willing to help each other if there are any problems.
Excellent learning environment and co-workers
Software Analysis and Design Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON6 February 2017
A relatively laid back work environment with excellent coworkers who were always willing to help and teach new things. Work is extremely partitioned by job title.
Fantastic environment
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON30 January 2017
Student Art Sales, relaxed work environment and staff. V=Trusted by employer and students to provide quality materials and suggestions. Was able to bond with employer over common topics such as music and art. Always made available outside of Store hours for consultation and advice
Pros
Relaxed environment
Cons
Stressful if unsure of product customer is asking for
awesome
Graduate Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON30 January 2017
The engineering is quite good, professors are friendly and professional, you can get whatever you need in the academic area and achieve you dream. highly recommended.
Computer Support Technician (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON27 January 2017
The job here was my favourite because I had to opportunity to do the thing I love best, which was to fix computers and configure electronic devices such as phones and tablets. I highly encourage anyone looking for an I.T. job to start here, the staff are friendly and the work is an easy paced, not to mention you can learn a lot.
Pros
long breaks, and free food sometimes
Cons
under staffed sometimees.
Fun place to work
Intramural Official (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON25 January 2017
It is basically officiating soccer games at the University intramural program. I learned how to be a leader and control the outcome of certain situation which arose. Management was helpful and well-organised. The workplace was generally friendly. Only difficultly came when dealing with frustrated players, but for the most part it was quite a lovely experience

Ask a question about working or interviewing at University of Windsor. Our community is ready to answer.

4.4