University of Windsor Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Supportive and welcoming staff among professors and graduates
Graduate Assistant (Former Employee), Windsor, ONAugust 16, 2015
Working alongside the three English professors I was assigned to gave me more than just experience with students and insight into what teaching was like. I was given guidance and advice with my own creative projects, and opportunities I could take for the future. They were also understanding when my personal and school life were becoming overwhelming, which was very appreciated. My colleagues within the graduate students were also welcoming and helpful.
Academia
Instructor (Current Employee), WINDSOR, ONJuly 27, 2015
It is rewarding and challenging to work in an academic environment.
There are some good people that make it an enjoyable place to work.
Good experience filled with fun and knowledge
Research Assistant (Former Employee), Windsor, ONJuly 21, 2015
Pros: Can travel to different international conferences(Computer Science)
Cons: Long Hours
Research Assisstant is quite a challenging task as we need to balance with academic studies and work schedule. I used to assisst my professor in various jobs. As apart of my job I have learnt many things. I used to assisst a group of research team who works on various project and that experience provided me to have considerable knowledge on various programing languages. As a research assisstant I travelled to various international computer science conferencesthrought out the world where I got opportunity to meet to different people and that helped me to expand my knowledge. The most enjoyable part of my job is that we have to work with a team that experience made me a good team player.
I really enjoyed working for the University Of Windsor
housekeeper, caterer, food service (Former Employee), 401 sunset Windsor OntarioJune 30, 2015
I was employed by the University Of Windsor for 16 years ,during this time I had several job postings .Catering , Housekeeping ,and food service. Each posting gave me the opportunity to advance new skills . And to explore many facets of employment. I believe I am a well round employee with many marketable talents. Working for the students , many of them so far away from home was a beautiful experience, A friendly HELLO or HOW WAS YOUR DAY? made them feel welcome and no so isolated.
Administration
Facility Assistant (Former Employee), Windsor, ONJune 9, 2015
My job is to make sure all students entering/exiting Jackmans building at the University of Windsor, are signing in and out. Also, booking rooms for students. And making sure all doors are locked before leaving the building (key holder).
Productive and comfortable place to work and study
Research and Teaching Assistant (Former Employee), Windsor, ONJune 3, 2015
Great place to develop your professional knowledge and sharp your skills. I have met many great people including professors and co-workers over there. If I was asked where there was a place worth of working, I would definitely recommend this university.
Good institution with ample opportunities
Undergraduate Materials Research Assistant (Current Employee), Windsor, ONMay 10, 2015
Pros: Small classes, Profs get to know you
Cons: Needs to have more technical electives
I did my Mechanical Engineering major at the University of Windsor. As it is a smaller institution than most, your profs get to know you and there's a good mentoring relationship that forms. There's a good amount of opportunities on campus to volunteer and do research.
Had a great balance of work/school
Building Monitor- Work Study Program (Former Employee), Windsor, ONApril 17, 2015
Pros: great work/life balance
Cons: had a limited amount of hours that could be worked
Work was enjoyable, there was a lot of interaction with co-workers and the general public. While there I learned how to interact with people on a more professional level. The hours were not overwhelming so it did not take away from my school work during the year.
Productive and friendly workplace
Research Assistant and teaching assistant (Former Employee), Windsor, ONApril 8, 2015
Doing experiments with wind tunnels, doing projects for ASHRAE company, etc gave me the opportunity to be creative and propose new projects and do more and more research.

The work environment was so friendly and encouraged me to walk in the road of success.
Excellent education
Student (Current Employee), Windsor, ONMarch 25, 2015
Pros: excellent staff
Cons: no cons
This a excellent university for pursuing any kind of studies. It boost up the skills of students in their field of interest and build their future brighter and successful.
Great place to gain experience
Club Sports Coordinator (Former Employee), Windsor, ONFebruary 20, 2015
Pros: the people
Able to work in many different facets on many different events which the university holds. Management is great always willing to mentor students into young professionals.
gooda
Volunteer of Go Green (Former Employee), Windsor, ONFebruary 11, 2015
Organized Trail ON! Campaign activity to support Essex Region Conservation Authority (ERCA)
 Held Bake Sale to collect donations for environmental improvement
Productive and fun place
Post-Doctorate Researcher (Current Employee), Windsor, ONFebruary 2, 2015
UofW is more than a job place to me. It is my home. I have been studying (my master and Ph.D.) then working.

Located in a calm city which is a border city to Detroit, MI.
Relaxed and stress free workplace
Standardized Patient (Current Employee), Windsor, ONJanuary 30, 2015
Pros: laid back and enjoyable
Cons: on call
I find this an enjhoyable place to be e,[loyed in. Acting is a hobby for me so having the opportunity to play roles of various characters with different backgrounds, family situations and health concerns. The roles change so you don't get bored. The management is friendly and students are respectful and courteous.
good learning experience
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee), Windsor, ONJanuary 8, 2015
Pros: learned a lot
I was a TA in university. I practiced what i learn to this work by answering questions from students. also, my personal skills are enhenced by working around professors and students.
Great place to learn and get experience
Lab Assistant (Former Employee), Windsor, ONDecember 27, 2014
Pros: good environment
It helped me understand how it was to work in a lab. It gave me experience to use what i've learned in the real lab to what I am doing in school. The workers were extremely nice and explained everything thoroughly
excellent studying and working enviroment
Tax Return Volunteer (Former Employee), Windsor, ONNovember 14, 2014
communicated with different people
Enhanced my tax skills
Balanced workload with a satisfactory pay
Finance Teaching Assistant (Former Employee), Windsor, ONNovember 6, 2014
Pros: high slalary
Cons: random work schedules
Must learn to work in a work atmosphere with little or no supervision at all. The high salary complement the growing work load through out the tenure.
Relaxed environment of helping others
CS Tutor (Current Employee), Windsor, ONOctober 13, 2014
Pros: no quotas
• Helped solve scholastic issues for students of all levels
• Would successfully tutor several people simultaneously
good expenrience
Graduate Assistant (Former Employee), Windsor, ONOctober 8, 2014
This made me learn a lot when helping the students. Not only understanding the knowledge, but also how to help the students learn.