University of Windsor Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
good
Research Assistant, Dr. Jerry Sokolowaski (Former Employee), Windsor, ONDecember 22, 2015
i would say good. worked as a research assistant so depends on the topic how hectic it will be.
proffesor is good helped a lot and gained knowledge under working him.
University Referee Job
Referee (Current Employee), Windsor, ONDecember 9, 2015
- Pay attention to plays happening during the game
- Make sure all the rules are being followed
- Co-workers are easy to work with and communicate with
- Making tough calls and having the players complain about was the hardest part of the job
N/A
Research Assistant (Current Employee), Windsor, ONNovember 7, 2015
Good experience, opportunity for learning and development, good guidance, opportunity to grow, team culture encouraged. Opportunity to take up more challenges, initiative and proactiveness encouraged.
Great professors and staff, administration has the wrong priorities
Graduate Assistant (Former Employee), Windsor, ONNovember 3, 2015
It is extremely hot in many of the buildings because the administration spends money on jackhammering up concrete to pour new concrete instead of upgrading a fifty year old hvac system.
Productive, Fulfilling, challenging environment
Graduate Student and Research Assistant (Former Employee), WindsorSeptember 27, 2015
I very much enjoyed being employed with the University. I was able to expand and hone skill sets in a competitive and enriching field, while challenging myself and those around me.
In general, it is fine
Research Assistant (Former Employee), Windsor, ONSeptember 4, 2015
I have been studied and worked as TA and RA in University of Windsor for 5 years. In general, it is fine. I have learnt a new thing and make friend there. However, the salary is not so high and sometime you have to work overtime due to the job requirement.
Very clean work environment
Research Assistant (Former Employee), windsor, onSeptember 2, 2015
management expects you to reply to emails all the time and has high expectations, also payment is not always on time nor fair.
Productive workplace
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee), Windsor, ONAugust 31, 2015
Working at the university of Windsor is nice and fulfilling, because it actually means a lot to you knowing that your contributing to your own school in what ever area. the pay and every other thing is good
Supportive and welcoming staff among professors and graduates
Graduate Assistant (Former Employee), Windsor, ONAugust 16, 2015
Working alongside the three English professors I was assigned to gave me more than just experience with students and insight into what teaching was like. I was given guidance and advice with my own creative projects, and opportunities I could take for the future. They were also understanding when my personal and school life were becoming overwhelming, which was very appreciated. My colleagues within the graduate students were also welcoming and helpful.
Academia
Instructor (Current Employee), WINDSOR, ONJuly 27, 2015
It is rewarding and challenging to work in an academic environment.
There are some good people that make it an enjoyable place to work.
Good experience filled with fun and knowledge
Research Assistant (Former Employee), Windsor, ONJuly 21, 2015
Pros: Can travel to different international conferences(Computer Science)
Cons: Long Hours
Research Assisstant is quite a challenging task as we need to balance with academic studies and work schedule. I used to assisst my professor in various jobs. As apart of my job I have learnt many things. I used to assisst a group of research team who works on various project and that experience provided me to have considerable knowledge on various programing languages. As a research assisstant I travelled to various international computer science conferencesthrought out the world where I got opportunity to meet to different people and that helped me to expand my knowledge. The most enjoyable part of my job is that we have to work with a team that experience made me a good team player.
I really enjoyed working for the University Of Windsor
housekeeper, caterer, food service (Former Employee), 401 sunset Windsor OntarioJune 30, 2015
I was employed by the University Of Windsor for 16 years ,during this time I had several job postings .Catering , Housekeeping ,and food service. Each posting gave me the opportunity to advance new skills . And to explore many facets of employment. I believe I am a well round employee with many marketable talents. Working for the students , many of them so far away from home was a beautiful experience, A friendly HELLO or HOW WAS YOUR DAY? made them feel welcome and no so isolated.
Administration
Facility Assistant (Former Employee), Windsor, ONJune 9, 2015
My job is to make sure all students entering/exiting Jackmans building at the University of Windsor, are signing in and out. Also, booking rooms for students. And making sure all doors are locked before leaving the building (key holder).
Productive and comfortable place to work and study
Research and Teaching Assistant (Former Employee), Windsor, ONJune 3, 2015
Great place to develop your professional knowledge and sharp your skills. I have met many great people including professors and co-workers over there. If I was asked where there was a place worth of working, I would definitely recommend this university.
Good institution with ample opportunities
Undergraduate Materials Research Assistant (Current Employee), Windsor, ONMay 10, 2015
Pros: Small classes, Profs get to know you
Cons: Needs to have more technical electives
I did my Mechanical Engineering major at the University of Windsor. As it is a smaller institution than most, your profs get to know you and there's a good mentoring relationship that forms. There's a good amount of opportunities on campus to volunteer and do research.
Had a great balance of work/school
Building Monitor- Work Study Program (Former Employee), Windsor, ONApril 17, 2015
Pros: great work/life balance
Cons: had a limited amount of hours that could be worked
Work was enjoyable, there was a lot of interaction with co-workers and the general public. While there I learned how to interact with people on a more professional level. The hours were not overwhelming so it did not take away from my school work during the year.
Productive and friendly workplace
Research Assistant and teaching assistant (Former Employee), Windsor, ONApril 8, 2015
Doing experiments with wind tunnels, doing projects for ASHRAE company, etc gave me the opportunity to be creative and propose new projects and do more and more research.

The work environment was so friendly and encouraged me to walk in the road of success.
Excellent education
Student (Current Employee), Windsor, ONMarch 25, 2015
Pros: excellent staff
Cons: no cons
This a excellent university for pursuing any kind of studies. It boost up the skills of students in their field of interest and build their future brighter and successful.
Great place to gain experience
Club Sports Coordinator (Former Employee), Windsor, ONFebruary 20, 2015
Pros: the people
Able to work in many different facets on many different events which the university holds. Management is great always willing to mentor students into young professionals.
Productive and fun place
Post-Doctorate Researcher (Current Employee), Windsor, ONFebruary 2, 2015
UofW is more than a job place to me. It is my home. I have been studying (my master and Ph.D.) then working.

Located in a calm city which is a border city to Detroit, MI.