University of Windsor Employee Reviews in Canada

Varsity for the Gold!
Varsity Sports Conditioning Assistant (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ONJanuary 3, 2016
Working at the University of Windsor Athletics Department was one of the best experiences I've had in the fitness industry. By making myself present and having weekly meetings or even small discussions with the Conditioning Coach, I was given the opportunity to participate in jobs that went beyond my role as a Personal Trainer in the gym. I had the opportunity to be the only female on the football field assisting in Varsity Football Training Camps.

The coaches and trainers were amazing. They always made sure that I was respected and treated as an equal. I recommend the U of W Athletics Department to anyone interested in Varsity Athletics or Sport Management. They've got a wonderful team of educated trainers that are willing to assist anyone who demonstrates a true passion for sport.
Pros
Experience, Trust, Education, Equality
In general, it is fine
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ONSeptember 4, 2015
I have been studied and worked as TA and RA in University of Windsor for 5 years. In general, it is fine. I have learnt a new thing and make friend there. However, the salary is not so high and sometime you have to work overtime due to the job requirement.
Learnt a lot under Professor's Supervision
Financial Analyst (Research Assistant) (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ONAugust 14, 2016
This position gave me an opportunity to enhanced my skills and career direction for the future. I had the freedom to work at my own pace and really enjoyed the research work.
Great manager
Teaching Assistant (TA) (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ONAugust 8, 2016
I loved working there. Great manager and great working environment. everyone was very nice and friendly. I learned a lot of different tasks in such short time and had a very good time. I would for sure recommend.
University of Windsor: Pleasant work environment
Course assistant (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ONMay 21, 2016
The University of Windsor theatre department is filled with veterans of the industry who have a lot to offer students and other theatre professionals who are looking for a environment to teach and grow their craft.
Great Professional Work Environment
Chemistry Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ONMay 26, 2016
I had a great experience working at the University. I enjoyed the job and my work peers and students were a pleasure to work with.
Pros
Great pay, great job, professional team oriented atmosphere
Cons
Temp contract
Sessional Lecturer (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ONJuly 19, 2016
Good People, great place to work for. Very independent work environment. I would recommend the place. The only problem is not many job openings there
Good place to be
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ONMay 24, 2016
i really enjoyed tutoring first and second year university students on autocad. hardest part of the job was having to carry everyone along during tutorials as they had no background in cad drawing.
It is a good experience for a student
Laboratory Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ONJune 3, 2016
It was a fun and educating experience. The work was rewarding. It was challenging and. I taught over 120 students in the lab and loved every moment of it.
got experience and gain more knowledge during working
Graduate assistant (Current Employee) –  Windsor, ONApril 26, 2016
this is a good institution to work and study in.
gain a lots of knowledge from graduate assistant work.
i work as:
- marking students
- helping them in study
-attending labs
- office hours
- managing study with it too
A good place with best location
Graduate Assistant (Current Employee) –  Windsor, ONJune 1, 2016
The most south part of Canada with mild weather, so does the work culture. People are all kind except high tuition fees, 3 semesters a year.
U Of Windsor
I.T. Services Student Consultant (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ONJune 20, 2016
Campus job, easy to work around your courses. Good experience and management. Unions can threaten student employment
Good place
Researcher (Current Employee) –  Windsor, ONJune 11, 2016
Lots of excellent staff and faculty with a passion for teaching and research. Great care is taken to ensure that students achieve success.
Team Leader Capstone
Capstone Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ONMay 3, 2016
Team Leader of Capstone project to design a device that can mimic the functionality of the human arm and can be used as the testing instrument for the forces exerted by the torque guns.
productive and motivational
Graduate Assistant (Current Employee) –  Windsor, ONApril 17, 2016
Very good work environment, encouraging, and motivational. The University of Windsor cares about its employees and always aims at providing the best services.
summary
Standardized Patient (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ONFebruary 11, 2016
learning how to give feedback effectively
learning acting skills
supervisors were extremely friendly and supportive
co workers were very sweet
hardest part of the job was memorizing scripts
all of it is enjoyable, lots of learning and meeting new people
Good experience filled with fun and knowledge
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ONJuly 21, 2015
Research Assisstant is quite a challenging task as we need to balance with academic studies and work schedule. I used to assisst my professor in various jobs. As apart of my job I have learnt many things. I used to assisst a group of research team who works on various project and that experience provided me to have considerable knowledge on various programing languages. As a research assisstant I travelled to various international computer science conferencesthrought out the world where I got opportunity to meet to different people and that helped me to expand my knowledge. The most enjoyable part of my job is that we have to work with a team that experience made me a good team player.
Pros
Can travel to different international conferences(Computer Science)
Cons
Long Hours
excellent salary, excellent opportunity to develop leadership skills
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ONMarch 30, 2012
This was a very enjoyable position.It provide excellent opportunity to develop leadership and communication skills. It envolved leading class discussions, lecturing, and marking. The salary was excellent as it was designed to allow graduate students to earn a decent salary without interfering with their school work.Marking assignments could be tedious at times.
Pros
excellent salary, flexibility, ability for leadership
Cons
none.
N/A
Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Windsor, ONNovember 7, 2015
Good experience, opportunity for learning and development, good guidance, opportunity to grow, team culture encouraged. Opportunity to take up more challenges, initiative and proactiveness encouraged.
A great workplace
Graduate Assistant (GA) (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ONMay 29, 2014
I worked as Teaching Assistant(TA) and Graduate Assistant(GA) when I was studying for the Master of Economics in the University of Windsor.
GA is a higher level job than TA. The differences are that TA just provide help for the undergraduate students but GA also need to help the graduate students; beside the all responsibilities for TA, GA also need to help the professor in giving lectures sometimes.
Pros
high salary

4.4