University of Windsor Employee Reviews

Productive, relaxing and fun workplace
Exam Invigilator (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON30 August 2016
A typical day at work was productive, relaxing and fun. Management and co-workers were respectful and co-operative. The enjoyable part of the job was the opportunity I got in meeting and greeting the professors and also adding in the little way I can the outcome of the exams, while the hardest part of the job was standing for long hours.
Laboratory life is simply unique
Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Windsor, ON13 December 2016
A day at work can be long, that's completely understandable since it's the life of research. Yet still it's always fun to go to the lab, meet your colleagues and work. The reason is because the lab is very diverse, the students and the graduates are very open minded and outgoing. So overall it's always a good day to be at lab.

I have learned a lot of things from all my colleagues, from procedures and experiments to life lessons and future plans of research.

All in all, nothing is ever achievable if you don't do what you love otherwise it will never have any taste and no productive effort will be put towards it.
Pros
amazing people
Cons
n/a
Fun place to work
Intramural Official (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON25 January 2017
It is basically officiating soccer games at the University intramural program. I learned how to be a leader and control the outcome of certain situation which arose. Management was helpful and well-organised. The workplace was generally friendly. Only difficultly came when dealing with frustrated players, but for the most part it was quite a lovely experience
Fun
Teaching Assistant (TA) (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON5 December 2016
I was mostly grading tests & assignment and proctoring mid-term and exams. The hardest part of the job is when a student is caught cheating and you have to turn them in.
Pros
Free food
Computer Support Technician (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON27 January 2017
The job here was my favourite because I had to opportunity to do the thing I love best, which was to fix computers and configure electronic devices such as phones and tablets. I highly encourage anyone looking for an I.T. job to start here, the staff are friendly and the work is an easy paced, not to mention you can learn a lot.
Pros
long breaks, and free food sometimes
Cons
under staffed sometimees.
Fantastic environment
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON30 January 2017
Student Art Sales, relaxed work environment and staff. V=Trusted by employer and students to provide quality materials and suggestions. Was able to bond with employer over common topics such as music and art. Always made available outside of Store hours for consultation and advice
Pros
Relaxed environment
Cons
Stressful if unsure of product customer is asking for
Term Project
Term Project (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON24 January 2017
Group of five people.
Designed the mechanism of rolling and pitching of end effector of a robotic manipulator.
Basically a group project given by the subject professor.
Used software like Siemens NX 9 and Solidworks
Pros
Innovative thinking
Cons
Excellent learning environment and co-workers
Software Analysis and Design Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON6 February 2017
A relatively laid back work environment with excellent coworkers who were always willing to help and teach new things. Work is extremely partitioned by job title.
Welcoming Environment
Post-Doctoral Fellow (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON10 November 2016
Relaxed working environment with variability in day to day tasks. The working environment is good. Issues exist between administration and employees and hindrance of carrying out duties often falls with administration.
Pros
Approachable People
Cons
Poorly Organized Environment
great place to work
Design Engineer (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON13 November 2016
I have learnt to work within a team taking the leadership role. I have sharpened my skills by working on different companies and implementing continuous improvement.I am a hard-working individual who can work in a team environment and capable of working on my own when required.
Good environment to study and practice
Big data developer (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON3 January 2017
The professor is really nice, and the project we practiced is flexible. I leant so much knowledge from the project I did including data mining and data search, etc.
Academic job
Graduate Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON3 January 2017
Working as a teaching assistant, I learned how to communicate with students and access their study progress. Also, I acquire many academic skills by assisting my professor.
awesome
Graduate Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON30 January 2017
The engineering is quite good, professors are friendly and professional, you can get whatever you need in the academic area and achieve you dream. highly recommended.
Learnt a lot under Professor's Supervision
Financial Analyst (Research Assistant) (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON14 August 2016
This position gave me an opportunity to enhanced my skills and career direction for the future. I had the freedom to work at my own pace and really enjoyed the research work.
good position
IT Support (part-time) (Current Employee) –  Windsor, ON18 January 2017
the supervisor is very kind and you can easily work with other people. university of Windsor is becoming much better than ever.
summary
Water Quality Assessment Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Red Bridge, NB24 October 2016
It was s great opportunity working at OPIRG. It was nice to be involved in environmental causes and fighting for environmental protection. It was a nice experience.
Learning of the lean manufacturing
Project (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON5 September 2016
During my project work in this course, I learned what the lean manufacturing was. I was responsible for applying 5s, 5why tools in the project. I loved being in a group where I could share my ideas with others and also could learn valuable things from them.
Good school
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON7 September 2016
Located in the rather quiet city of windsor, this university allows students to focus on school if necessary. The living expenses in this city are low compared to the major cities in ontario.
Great manager
Teaching Assistant (TA) (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON8 August 2016
I loved working there. Great manager and great working environment. everyone was very nice and friendly. I learned a lot of different tasks in such short time and had a very good time. I would for sure recommend.
U Of Windsor
I.T. Services Student Consultant (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON20 June 2016
Campus job, easy to work around your courses. Good experience and management. Unions can threaten student employment

4.4