University of Windsor Employee Reviews

A good post-secondary institution
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON13 February 2018
Post graduate work that involved long hours, at a persons' discretion. Workplace culture was great as everyone was working to similar goals. The overall work and students/staff may my time there enjoyable.
High stress work
Service Desk Analyst (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON9 February 2018
My work days were stressful and there was little support from management. Bullies thrived in the culture.

I enjoyed the work and the clients I served, just not the terrible environment.
Pros
Good benefits and vacation.
Cons
Toxic environment.
Cool
Graduate Analysis Assistant (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON4 February 2018
University of Windsor – Windsor Ontario
• Responsible for survey design, data entry, missing data processing and information evaluating.
• Manipulated and investigated data into reportable information with statistical and Economic technique. Regression analysis by SPSS and SAS.
Volleyball ref
Intramural Volleyball Referee (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON29 January 2018
It was a student position so it wasn't many hours, which was a good thing. It was a fun job however supervising was not really organized which made everything slightly more difficult.
This is a temporary job
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON29 January 2018
If you are a student and get this job, you will easily earn money for your living expense. This job doesn't pay much and you get fewer hours over months.
Fun and insightful position
Teaching Assistant (Current Employee) –  Windsor, ON30 November 2017
Working as a TA, I attended lectures, marked assignments, proctored exams, and performed any other duties required of me by the professor. I met and learned about all kinds of people and earned valuable experience.
Good place to start working
Special Project Assistant (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON24 November 2017
Teaches a few skills. I started as a Special Project student in the ORIS office. All I did was to enter data on the system. I got an opportunity to organize an event once.
Not enough of a challenge
SPECIAL PROJECTS COORDINATOR (Current Employee) –  Windsor, ON16 November 2017
Most of the work is repetitive and not thought provoking enough for the caliber of a graduating business student. Need more options to grow and freedom to develop one's abilities.
A place where you can enjoy your curiosity
Graduate Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON6 November 2017
The lab is a place where I can create experiments and analyze the possibilities of such test. A place where curious and determination is key to success.
Not the best work
IT Internship (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON11 October 2017
Glorified Secretary at times. Answering phones and putting in tickets instead of actually fixing problems. Maybe just not for me. Not much opportunity for advancement.
Pros
Nice People
Cons
Boring
Great place to work as a student
Teaching Assistant (Current Employee) –  Windsor, ON26 September 2017
Working at the university as a tutor or teaching assistant is a great way to get involved in the Computer Science department. The pay is great, you reiterate key concepts to yourself when you teach, and make new friends
Creates shifts around class schedules
Desk Staff (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON19 September 2017
Our work schedules were created around our class schedules and my manager was very considerate if there were any last minute issues that came up (i.e., a sickness or if a class ran late). Other employees were very friendly and when work was not busy they would allow you to complete any course work or readings as long as it did not interfere with work
Enjoyed my experience
Backstage Operator (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON15 September 2017
I worked at the University in the music department during my undergrad. A typical shift would involve the setting up, taking down, and packing away of equipment and instruments. My supervisor was very helpful when it came to training so we knew what was expected of us. My co workers were easy to get along with and the atmosphere was great because I was able to listen to music during my shift!
Secure and reliable job with a decent wage
Porter (Current Employee) –  Windsor, ON13 August 2017
The employer worked well with staff to help accommodate people and their lives. ie: shift replacements and requests for time off were often accommodated when given enough notice.
The wage was decent for the local economy. Part-timers had an optional premium to pay for benefits. benefits should have been compulsory for better rates.
The job security was good, but little room for advance. As a part-timer I had to find loopholes to get full time hours without full-time benefits.
Management was good, sometimes a little forgetful and anxious or high strung for certain events, but we always managed to pull it together to get things done.
Employees act entitled and like the employer owes them something. I see a divide between the full-timers and part-timers. I don't view the job security to stay as strong in the coming decade or so.
Pros
$3/day to grab a meal up to $13.50 in value
Cons
Almost 0 chance of getting permanent full-time
Great work experience
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON9 August 2017
I got an opportunity to learn research and facilitation skills. The staff is amazing and very understanding. You get to learn a lot and work with professionals. Great experience!
I was a student.
Technical Lead, Autonomous Drone Capstone Project (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON7 August 2017
Was a student. Good school, profs are lively as long as you can speak languages that aren't english. Obviously have no clue how the management is. Good luck.
Great work environment
Employee (Former Employee) –  University of Windsor, ON22 July 2017
The University of Windsor is a judgement-free place where education is foremost and like-minded people can easily connect. Students and employees alike find common ground and share ideas in the many welcoming settings the university has to offer.
Pros
Welcoming environment
Cons
Limited chance for advancement
good and enjoyable place to work
Digital Print Lab Monitor (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON13 July 2017
very nice place to work with. on time payment and friendly colleges. a lot of advanced machine & opportunities to work with amazing artists. good location, not far from downtown.
Productive workplace
Summer Camp Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON22 June 2017
I learnt time management at work by meeting deadlines. The supervisor was very supportive. I was given flexible hours to work after my classes in University of Windsor. The entire team was hardworking.
Pros
Flexible Hours
Cons
Small Office
Good environment for growth
Internal Auditor, Independent Contract (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON22 June 2017
Training and opportunities for educational growth are encouraged and supported financially to allow for further advancement.

Great benefit package, even for contract/temporary employees.