University of Windsor Employee Reviews in Canada

University of Windsor: Pleasant work environment
Course assistant (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ONMay 21, 2016
The University of Windsor theatre department is filled with veterans of the industry who have a lot to offer students and other theatre professionals who are looking for a environment to teach and grow their craft.
got experience and gain more knowledge during working
Graduate assistant (Current Employee) –  Windsor, ONApril 26, 2016
this is a good institution to work and study in.
gain a lots of knowledge from graduate assistant work.
i work as:
- marking students
- helping them in study
-attending labs
- office hours
- managing study with it too
Great Professional Work Environment
Chemistry Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ONMay 26, 2016
I had a great experience working at the University. I enjoyed the job and my work peers and students were a pleasure to work with.
Pros
Great pay, great job, professional team oriented atmosphere
Cons
Temp contract
Varsity for the Gold!
Varsity Sports Conditioning Assistant (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ONJanuary 3, 2016
Working at the University of Windsor Athletics Department was one of the best experiences I've had in the fitness industry. By making myself present and having weekly meetings or even small discussions with the Conditioning Coach, I was given the opportunity to participate in jobs that went beyond my role as a Personal Trainer in the gym. I had the opportunity to be the only female on the football field assisting in Varsity Football Training Camps.

The coaches and trainers were amazing. They always made sure that I was respected and treated as an equal. I recommend the U of W Athletics Department to anyone interested in Varsity Athletics or Sport Management. They've got a wonderful team of educated trainers that are willing to assist anyone who demonstrates a true passion for sport.
Pros
Experience, Trust, Education, Equality
summary
Standardized Patient (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ONFebruary 11, 2016
learning how to give feedback effectively
learning acting skills
supervisors were extremely friendly and supportive
co workers were very sweet
hardest part of the job was memorizing scripts
all of it is enjoyable, lots of learning and meeting new people
Good place to be
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ONMay 24, 2016
i really enjoyed tutoring first and second year university students on autocad. hardest part of the job was having to carry everyone along during tutorials as they had no background in cad drawing.
Team Leader Capstone
Capstone Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ONMay 3, 2016
Team Leader of Capstone project to design a device that can mimic the functionality of the human arm and can be used as the testing instrument for the forces exerted by the torque guns.
It is a good experience for a student
Laboratory Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ONJune 3, 2016
It was a fun and educating experience. The work was rewarding. It was challenging and. I taught over 120 students in the lab and loved every moment of it.
productive and motivational
Graduate Assistant (Current Employee) –  Windsor, ONApril 17, 2016
Very good work environment, encouraging, and motivational. The University of Windsor cares about its employees and always aims at providing the best services.
A good place with best location
Graduate Assistant (Current Employee) –  Windsor, ONJune 1, 2016
The most south part of Canada with mild weather, so does the work culture. People are all kind except high tuition fees, 3 semesters a year.
Good place
Researcher (Current Employee) –  Windsor, ONJune 11, 2016
Lots of excellent staff and faculty with a passion for teaching and research. Great care is taken to ensure that students achieve success.
University Referee Job
Referee (Current Employee) –  Windsor, ONDecember 9, 2015
- Pay attention to plays happening during the game
- Make sure all the rules are being followed
- Co-workers are easy to work with and communicate with
- Making tough calls and having the players complain about was the hardest part of the job
Great professors and staff, administration has the wrong priorities
Graduate Assistant (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ONNovember 3, 2015
It is extremely hot in many of the buildings because the administration spends money on jackhammering up concrete to pour new concrete instead of upgrading a fifty year old hvac system.
good
Research Assistant, Dr. Jerry Sokolowaski (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ONDecember 22, 2015
i would say good. worked as a research assistant so depends on the topic how hectic it will be.
proffesor is good helped a lot and gained knowledge under working him.
Supportive and welcoming staff among professors and graduates
Graduate Assistant (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ONAugust 16, 2015
Working alongside the three English professors I was assigned to gave me more than just experience with students and insight into what teaching was like. I was given guidance and advice with my own creative projects, and opportunities I could take for the future. They were also understanding when my personal and school life were becoming overwhelming, which was very appreciated. My colleagues within the graduate students were also welcoming and helpful.
N/A
Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Windsor, ONNovember 7, 2015
Good experience, opportunity for learning and development, good guidance, opportunity to grow, team culture encouraged. Opportunity to take up more challenges, initiative and proactiveness encouraged.
Productive, Fulfilling, challenging environment
Graduate Student and Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  WindsorSeptember 27, 2015
I very much enjoyed being employed with the University. I was able to expand and hone skill sets in a competitive and enriching field, while challenging myself and those around me.
Good experience filled with fun and knowledge
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ONJuly 21, 2015
Research Assisstant is quite a challenging task as we need to balance with academic studies and work schedule. I used to assisst my professor in various jobs. As apart of my job I have learnt many things. I used to assisst a group of research team who works on various project and that experience provided me to have considerable knowledge on various programing languages. As a research assisstant I travelled to various international computer science conferencesthrought out the world where I got opportunity to meet to different people and that helped me to expand my knowledge. The most enjoyable part of my job is that we have to work with a team that experience made me a good team player.
Pros
Can travel to different international conferences(Computer Science)
Cons
Long Hours
In general, it is fine
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ONSeptember 4, 2015
I have been studied and worked as TA and RA in University of Windsor for 5 years. In general, it is fine. I have learnt a new thing and make friend there. However, the salary is not so high and sometime you have to work overtime due to the job requirement.
I really enjoyed working for the University Of Windsor
housekeeper, caterer, food service (Former Employee) –  401 sunset Windsor OntarioJune 30, 2015
I was employed by the University Of Windsor for 16 years ,during this time I had several job postings .Catering , Housekeeping ,and food service. Each posting gave me the opportunity to advance new skills . And to explore many facets of employment. I believe I am a well round employee with many marketable talents. Working for the students , many of them so far away from home was a beautiful experience, A friendly HELLO or HOW WAS YOUR DAY? made them feel welcome and no so isolated.

4.4