University of Windsor Employee Reviews in Canada

• Salary/Benefits
In general, it is fine
Research Assistant (Former Employee), Windsor, ONSeptember 4, 2015
I have been studied and worked as TA and RA in University of Windsor for 5 years. In general, it is fine. I have learnt a new thing and make friend there. However, the salary is not so high and sometime you have to work overtime due to the job requirement.
Varsity for the Gold!
Varsity Sports Conditioning Assistant (Former Employee), Windsor, ONJanuary 3, 2016
Pros: Experience, Trust, Education, Equality
Working at the University of Windsor Athletics Department was one of the best experiences I've had in the fitness industry. By making myself present and having weekly meetings or even small discussions with the Conditioning Coach, I was given the opportunity to participate in jobs that went beyond my role as a Personal Trainer in the gym. I had the opportunity to be the only female on the football field assisting in Varsity Football Training Camps.

The coaches and trainers were amazing. They always made sure that I was respected and treated as an equal. I recommend the U of W Athletics Department to anyone interested in Varsity Athletics or Sport Management. They've got a wonderful team of educated trainers that are willing to assist anyone who demonstrates a true passion for sport.
Good experience filled with fun and knowledge
Research Assistant (Former Employee), Windsor, ONJuly 21, 2015
Pros: Can travel to different international conferences(Computer Science)
Cons: Long Hours
Research Assisstant is quite a challenging task as we need to balance with academic studies and work schedule. I used to assisst my professor in various jobs. As apart of my job I have learnt many things. I used to assisst a group of research team who works on various project and that experience provided me to have considerable knowledge on various programing languages. As a research assisstant I travelled to various international computer science conferencesthrought out the world where I got opportunity to meet to different people and that helped me to expand my knowledge. The most enjoyable part of my job is that we have to work with a team that experience made me a good team player.
summary
Standardized Patient (Former Employee), Windsor, ONFebruary 11, 2016
learning how to give feedback effectively
learning acting skills
supervisors were extremely friendly and supportive
co workers were very sweet
hardest part of the job was memorizing scripts
all of it is enjoyable, lots of learning and meeting new people
N/A
Research Assistant (Current Employee), Windsor, ONNovember 7, 2015
Good experience, opportunity for learning and development, good guidance, opportunity to grow, team culture encouraged. Opportunity to take up more challenges, initiative and proactiveness encouraged.
productive and motivational
Graduate Assistant (Current Employee), Windsor, ONApril 17, 2016
Very good work environment, encouraging, and motivational. The University of Windsor cares about its employees and always aims at providing the best services.
good
Research Assistant, Dr. Jerry Sokolowaski (Former Employee), Windsor, ONDecember 22, 2015
i would say good. worked as a research assistant so depends on the topic how hectic it will be.
proffesor is good helped a lot and gained knowledge under working him.
University Referee Job
Referee (Current Employee), Windsor, ONDecember 9, 2015
- Pay attention to plays happening during the game
- Make sure all the rules are being followed
- Co-workers are easy to work with and communicate with
- Making tough calls and having the players complain about was the hardest part of the job
Productive, Fulfilling, challenging environment
Graduate Student and Research Assistant (Former Employee), WindsorSeptember 27, 2015
I very much enjoyed being employed with the University. I was able to expand and hone skill sets in a competitive and enriching field, while challenging myself and those around me.
Supportive and welcoming staff among professors and graduates
Graduate Assistant (Former Employee), Windsor, ONAugust 16, 2015
Working alongside the three English professors I was assigned to gave me more than just experience with students and insight into what teaching was like. I was given guidance and advice with my own creative projects, and opportunities I could take for the future. They were also understanding when my personal and school life were becoming overwhelming, which was very appreciated. My colleagues within the graduate students were also welcoming and helpful.
Great professors and staff, administration has the wrong priorities
Graduate Assistant (Former Employee), Windsor, ONNovember 3, 2015
It is extremely hot in many of the buildings because the administration spends money on jackhammering up concrete to pour new concrete instead of upgrading a fifty year old hvac system.
I really enjoyed working for the University Of Windsor
housekeeper, caterer, food service (Former Employee), 401 sunset Windsor OntarioJune 30, 2015
I was employed by the University Of Windsor for 16 years ,during this time I had several job postings .Catering , Housekeeping ,and food service. Each posting gave me the opportunity to advance new skills . And to explore many facets of employment. I believe I am a well round employee with many marketable talents. Working for the students , many of them so far away from home was a beautiful experience, A friendly HELLO or HOW WAS YOUR DAY? made them feel welcome and no so isolated.
Very clean work environment
Research Assistant (Former Employee), windsor, onSeptember 2, 2015
management expects you to reply to emails all the time and has high expectations, also payment is not always on time nor fair.
A grind in a relaxed atmosphere
Research Assistant (Former Employee), Windsor, ONOctober 5, 2014
Work starts between 7am and 9am and ends usually around 4pm to 5pm.

Great professors and intelligent guidance to problem solving.

Very decent co-op opportunities.

Great benefits under top profs.

Friendly Co-workers.

Fast paced and keeps you on your toes.

Overall, great fun place to work.
excellent salary, excellent opportunity to develop leadership skills
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee), Windsor, ONMarch 30, 2012
Pros: excellent salary, flexibility, ability for leadership
Cons: none.
This was a very enjoyable position.It provide excellent opportunity to develop leadership and communication skills. It envolved leading class discussions, lecturing, and marking. The salary was excellent as it was designed to allow graduate students to earn a decent salary without interfering with their school work.Marking assignments could be tedious at times.
A great workplace
Graduate Assistant (GA) (Former Employee), Windsor, ONMay 29, 2014
Pros: high salary
I worked as Teaching Assistant(TA) and Graduate Assistant(GA) when I was studying for the Master of Economics in the University of Windsor.
GA is a higher level job than TA. The differences are that TA just provide help for the undergraduate students but GA also need to help the graduate students; beside the all responsibilities for TA, GA also need to help the professor in giving lectures sometimes.
Balanced workload with a satisfactory pay
Finance Teaching Assistant (Former Employee), Windsor, ONNovember 6, 2014
Pros: high slalary
Cons: random work schedules
Must learn to work in a work atmosphere with little or no supervision at all. The high salary complement the growing work load through out the tenure.
Productive workplace
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee), Windsor, ONAugust 31, 2015
Working at the university of Windsor is nice and fulfilling, because it actually means a lot to you knowing that your contributing to your own school in what ever area. the pay and every other thing is good
Had a great balance of work/school
Building Monitor- Work Study Program (Former Employee), Windsor, ONApril 17, 2015
Pros: great work/life balance
Cons: had a limited amount of hours that could be worked
Work was enjoyable, there was a lot of interaction with co-workers and the general public. While there I learned how to interact with people on a more professional level. The hours were not overwhelming so it did not take away from my school work during the year.
Academia
Instructor (Current Employee), WINDSOR, ONJuly 27, 2015
It is rewarding and challenging to work in an academic environment.
There are some good people that make it an enjoyable place to work.