University of Windsor Employee Reviews

good and enjoyable place to work
Digital Print Lab Monitor (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON13 July 2017
very nice place to work with. on time payment and friendly colleges. a lot of advanced machine & opportunities to work with amazing artists. good location, not far from downtown.
Productive workplace
Summer Camp Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON22 June 2017
I learnt time management at work by meeting deadlines. The supervisor was very supportive. I was given flexible hours to work after my classes in University of Windsor. The entire team was hardworking.
Pros
Flexible Hours
Cons
Small Office
Good environment for growth
Internal Auditor, Independent Contract (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON22 June 2017
Training and opportunities for educational growth are encouraged and supported financially to allow for further advancement.

Great benefit package, even for contract/temporary employees.
Typical day teaching high school or grade school practicums.
Student Helper/ Guru (Current Employee) –  Windsor, ON17 June 2017
A typical day at work with the practicums was very interesting. Class management skills seemed to be rather challenging, however, with the extensive training of the University of Windsor Bachelor of Education program success was attainable. The most important skill learned was to be sensitive to each student's individual needs. Individual tutoring seemed to isolate and resolve problems rather well.
Pros
Good lunches, never boring, very interesting and fun.
Good Company
Help Desk (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON15 June 2017
Good company to work for. Friendly staff and nice environment. Its an enjoyable job, but there is no real room for advancement. They mostly only hire part-time.
Productive and fun workplace
Assistant to the Director of Student Life (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON13 June 2017
I enjoyed my 2 years there. Learned a lot of new skills and had great experiences and met a lot of great people which helped with my future networking.
Love this place
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Windsor13 June 2017
The University of Windsor is a great place to be working at. The faculty is exceptional and also well-dedicated to research and innovation. They focus on evidence-based practice and follow through with educational advancements.
Great !
UWSA Event Assistant (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON7 June 2017
I really enjoyed working for the University of Windsor. It is a large Organization, so I would recommend looking into the character and quality of the Team Lead or Department in general. Good Luck :)
Very welcoming place and provides opportunities
Leave The Pack Behind ( Work Studies) (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON4 June 2017
I was able to find a job at the University Of Windsor through a program called work studies. The longer I worked the more I felt apart of a team with friendly and upbeat people. The best part of the job was helping people who wanted to quite smoking by providing them with booklets, information, and resources. Also having a flexible schedule was a plus.
Pros
flexible scheduele
Cons
nothing
GA makes me more serious on academic research
Graduate Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON30 May 2017
With GA experience at University of Windsor, I found that I like to teach others what I know. That probably the reason why I chose college instructor as my first job after graduate. When you can share what you know to others, you can feel so satisfy and you need to be serious and make sure you do not make mistake. I became more serious to my own research after GA experience.
Interesting place
Associate/Assistant/Full Professor (Current Employee) –  Windsor, ON22 May 2017
The place can be good if you are self-made person. If you are person who can knock doors and get things done, then it is a good place to be. Otherwise you could be frustrated.
Professional and organized atmosphere
Law School Student Researcher/Caller (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON19 May 2017
Did research for law school. Reached out to alumni regarding school events and donations. Built customer service and organizational skills while maintaining confidentiality at all times.
Sculpture Room Monitor
Sculpture Room Monitor (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON18 May 2017
For students looking for a good and easy job while studying this job allowed you to get a good mix between the two. The job entailed you working a minimum of 10 hrs a week.
Not dynamic place,
Post-Doctoral Fellow / Lecturer (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON28 April 2017
The University of Windsor also ushered in a new era in September 2015 with the opening of classes at the first phase of its downtown campus in the heart of Windsor’s core. The new building—which retains the historic facade of the former Windsor Star newspaper building—houses the School of Social Work and the Centre for Executive and Professional Education.

The second phase of the downtown campus—now under construction—will include the School of Creative Arts, which will be located in the century-old site of the Windsor Armouries and an adjacent, new building.
Excellent Opportuinity to grow
Graduate Assistant (Current Employee) –  Windsor, ON28 April 2017
Being an Graduate Assistant helps being more involved in studies and interacting with students. It brings the best out of you. I absolutely loved doing my job.
Provided a strong foundation for skills and experiences that can be applied in daily life.
Graduate Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON24 April 2017
The school provided a strong foundation and experience through various jobs pertaining to administration and career opportunities. Overall, the skills provided have helped me in my pursuit for a career and I am very thankful for the experience.
Great workplace
Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Windsor, ON24 April 2017
Great workplace. Management tends to be lacking in direction sometimes. Great coworkers and hours, though sometimes things can take a long time to process at the University.
Productive and accommodating
Faculty of law, Graduate Assistant (Current Employee) –  Windsor, ON19 April 2017
I learned how to manage my time. The staffs are friendly and willing to teach. What I like most about the workplace is that it accommodate diversities of persons. There is mutual respect.
Great students but research and hiring could be better
Lecturer (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON18 April 2017
There's good potentials for having a decent university in Windsor but at least during my tenure, I felt that the growth of the school was hindered by how the near-retiring faculty insisted on keeping things like in the old days. U. Windsor could be much better after hiring some young faculty that's (un)fortunately is abundant in Canada.
A very rewarding work experience
Employment Advisor (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON13 April 2017
Working at the University is ever changing. It is very important to be adaptable and adapt quickly to those changes. It is a very professional environment and people work very hard in each position. As much as I enjoyed working there, I wish it came with more security than temporary, part-time work. This uncertainty made things very stressful for me.
Pros
Good team to work with
Cons
No job security in my specific position