University of Windsor Employee Reviews

Productive, relaxing and fun workplace
Exam Invigilator (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON30 August 2016
A typical day at work was productive, relaxing and fun. Management and co-workers were respectful and co-operative. The enjoyable part of the job was the opportunity I got in meeting and greeting the professors and also adding in the little way I can the outcome of the exams, while the hardest part of the job was standing for long hours.
Laboratory life is simply unique
Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Windsor, ON13 December 2016
A day at work can be long, that's completely understandable since it's the life of research. Yet still it's always fun to go to the lab, meet your colleagues and work. The reason is because the lab is very diverse, the students and the graduates are very open minded and outgoing. So overall it's always a good day to be at lab.

I have learned a lot of things from all my colleagues, from procedures and experiments to life lessons and future plans of research.

All in all, nothing is ever achievable if you don't do what you love otherwise it will never have any taste and no productive effort will be put towards it.
Pros
amazing people
Cons
n/a
Fun
Teaching Assistant (TA) (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON5 December 2016
I was mostly grading tests & assignment and proctoring mid-term and exams. The hardest part of the job is when a student is caught cheating and you have to turn them in.
Pros
Free food
Learnt a lot under Professor's Supervision
Financial Analyst (Research Assistant) (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON14 August 2016
This position gave me an opportunity to enhanced my skills and career direction for the future. I had the freedom to work at my own pace and really enjoyed the research work.
Welcoming Environment
Post-Doctoral Fellow (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON10 November 2016
Relaxed working environment with variability in day to day tasks. The working environment is good. Issues exist between administration and employees and hindrance of carrying out duties often falls with administration.
Pros
Approachable People
Cons
Poorly Organized Environment
great place to work
Design Engineer (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON13 November 2016
I have learnt to work within a team taking the leadership role. I have sharpened my skills by working on different companies and implementing continuous improvement.I am a hard-working individual who can work in a team environment and capable of working on my own when required.
Good environment to study and practice
Big data developer (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON3 January 2017
The professor is really nice, and the project we practiced is flexible. I leant so much knowledge from the project I did including data mining and data search, etc.
Academic job
Graduate Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON3 January 2017
Working as a teaching assistant, I learned how to communicate with students and access their study progress. Also, I acquire many academic skills by assisting my professor.
U Of Windsor
I.T. Services Student Consultant (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON20 June 2016
Campus job, easy to work around your courses. Good experience and management. Unions can threaten student employment
summary
Water Quality Assessment Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Red Bridge, NB24 October 2016
It was s great opportunity working at OPIRG. It was nice to be involved in environmental causes and fighting for environmental protection. It was a nice experience.
Learning of the lean manufacturing
Project (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON5 September 2016
During my project work in this course, I learned what the lean manufacturing was. I was responsible for applying 5s, 5why tools in the project. I loved being in a group where I could share my ideas with others and also could learn valuable things from them.
A good place with best location
Graduate Assistant (Current Employee) –  Windsor, ON1 June 2016
The most south part of Canada with mild weather, so does the work culture. People are all kind except high tuition fees, 3 semesters a year.
Varsity for the Gold!
Varsity Sports Conditioning Assistant (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON3 January 2016
Working at the University of Windsor Athletics Department was one of the best experiences I've had in the fitness industry. By making myself present and having weekly meetings or even small discussions with the Conditioning Coach, I was given the opportunity to participate in jobs that went beyond my role as a Personal Trainer in the gym. I had the opportunity to be the only female on the football field assisting in Varsity Football Training Camps.

The coaches and trainers were amazing. They always made sure that I was respected and treated as an equal. I recommend the U of W Athletics Department to anyone interested in Varsity Athletics or Sport Management. They've got a wonderful team of educated trainers that are willing to assist anyone who demonstrates a true passion for sport.
Pros
Experience, Trust, Education, Equality
Good school
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON7 September 2016
Located in the rather quiet city of windsor, this university allows students to focus on school if necessary. The living expenses in this city are low compared to the major cities in ontario.
Great manager
Teaching Assistant (TA) (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON8 August 2016
I loved working there. Great manager and great working environment. everyone was very nice and friendly. I learned a lot of different tasks in such short time and had a very good time. I would for sure recommend.
Sessional Lecturer (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON19 July 2016
Good People, great place to work for. Very independent work environment. I would recommend the place. The only problem is not many job openings there
University of Windsor: Pleasant work environment
Course assistant (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON21 May 2016
The University of Windsor theatre department is filled with veterans of the industry who have a lot to offer students and other theatre professionals who are looking for a environment to teach and grow their craft.
Great Professional Work Environment
Chemistry Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON26 May 2016
I had a great experience working at the University. I enjoyed the job and my work peers and students were a pleasure to work with.
Pros
Great pay, great job, professional team oriented atmosphere
Cons
Temp contract
Good place
Researcher (Current Employee) –  Windsor, ON11 June 2016
Lots of excellent staff and faculty with a passion for teaching and research. Great care is taken to ensure that students achieve success.
It is a good experience for a student
Laboratory Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON3 June 2016
It was a fun and educating experience. The work was rewarding. It was challenging and. I taught over 120 students in the lab and loved every moment of it.

4.4