University of Windsor Employee Reviews

Not enough of a challenge
SPECIAL PROJECTS COORDINATOR (Current Employee) –  Windsor, ON16 November 2017
Most of the work is repetitive and not thought provoking enough for the caliber of a graduating business student. Need more options to grow and freedom to develop one's abilities.
Not the best work
IT Internship (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON11 October 2017
Glorified Secretary at times. Answering phones and putting in tickets instead of actually fixing problems. Maybe just not for me. Not much opportunity for advancement.
Pros
Nice People
Cons
Boring
Great place to work as a student
Teaching Assistant (Current Employee) –  Windsor, ON26 September 2017
Working at the university as a tutor or teaching assistant is a great way to get involved in the Computer Science department. The pay is great, you reiterate key concepts to yourself when you teach, and make new friends
Creates shifts around class schedules
Desk Staff (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON19 September 2017
Our work schedules were created around our class schedules and my manager was very considerate if there were any last minute issues that came up (i.e., a sickness or if a class ran late). Other employees were very friendly and when work was not busy they would allow you to complete any course work or readings as long as it did not interfere with work
Enjoyed my experience
Backstage Operator (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON15 September 2017
I worked at the University in the music department during my undergrad. A typical shift would involve the setting up, taking down, and packing away of equipment and instruments. My supervisor was very helpful when it came to training so we knew what was expected of us. My co workers were easy to get along with and the atmosphere was great because I was able to listen to music during my shift!
Secure and reliable job with a decent wage
Porter (Current Employee) –  Windsor, ON13 August 2017
The employer worked well with staff to help accommodate people and their lives. ie: shift replacements and requests for time off were often accommodated when given enough notice.
The wage was decent for the local economy. Part-timers had an optional premium to pay for benefits. benefits should have been compulsory for better rates.
The job security was good, but little room for advance. As a part-timer I had to find loopholes to get full time hours without full-time benefits.
Management was good, sometimes a little forgetful and anxious or high strung for certain events, but we always managed to pull it together to get things done.
Employees act entitled and like the employer owes them something. I see a divide between the full-timers and part-timers. I don't view the job security to stay as strong in the coming decade or so.
Pros
$3/day to grab a meal up to $13.50 in value
Cons
Almost 0 chance of getting permanent full-time
Great work experience
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON9 August 2017
I got an opportunity to learn research and facilitation skills. The staff is amazing and very understanding. You get to learn a lot and work with professionals. Great experience!
I was a student.
Technical Lead, Autonomous Drone Capstone Project (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON7 August 2017
Was a student. Good school, profs are lively as long as you can speak languages that aren't english. Obviously have no clue how the management is. Good luck.
Great work environment
Employee (Former Employee) –  University of Windsor, ON22 July 2017
The University of Windsor is a judgement-free place where education is foremost and like-minded people can easily connect. Students and employees alike find common ground and share ideas in the many welcoming settings the university has to offer.
Pros
Welcoming environment
Cons
Limited chance for advancement
good and enjoyable place to work
Digital Print Lab Monitor (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON13 July 2017
very nice place to work with. on time payment and friendly colleges. a lot of advanced machine & opportunities to work with amazing artists. good location, not far from downtown.
Productive workplace
Summer Camp Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON22 June 2017
I learnt time management at work by meeting deadlines. The supervisor was very supportive. I was given flexible hours to work after my classes in University of Windsor. The entire team was hardworking.
Pros
Flexible Hours
Cons
Small Office
Good environment for growth
Internal Auditor, Independent Contract (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON22 June 2017
Training and opportunities for educational growth are encouraged and supported financially to allow for further advancement.

Great benefit package, even for contract/temporary employees.
Typical day teaching high school or grade school practicums.
Student Helper/ Guru (Current Employee) –  Windsor, ON17 June 2017
A typical day at work with the practicums was very interesting. Class management skills seemed to be rather challenging, however, with the extensive training of the University of Windsor Bachelor of Education program success was attainable. The most important skill learned was to be sensitive to each student's individual needs. Individual tutoring seemed to isolate and resolve problems rather well.
Pros
Good lunches, never boring, very interesting and fun.
Good Company
Help Desk (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON15 June 2017
Good company to work for. Friendly staff and nice environment. Its an enjoyable job, but there is no real room for advancement. They mostly only hire part-time.
Productive and fun workplace
Assistant to the Director of Student Life (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON13 June 2017
I enjoyed my 2 years there. Learned a lot of new skills and had great experiences and met a lot of great people which helped with my future networking.
Love this place
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Windsor13 June 2017
The University of Windsor is a great place to be working at. The faculty is exceptional and also well-dedicated to research and innovation. They focus on evidence-based practice and follow through with educational advancements.
Great !
UWSA Event Assistant (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON7 June 2017
I really enjoyed working for the University of Windsor. It is a large Organization, so I would recommend looking into the character and quality of the Team Lead or Department in general. Good Luck :)
Very welcoming place and provides opportunities
Leave The Pack Behind ( Work Studies) (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON4 June 2017
I was able to find a job at the University Of Windsor through a program called work studies. The longer I worked the more I felt apart of a team with friendly and upbeat people. The best part of the job was helping people who wanted to quite smoking by providing them with booklets, information, and resources. Also having a flexible schedule was a plus.
Pros
flexible scheduele
Cons
nothing
GA makes me more serious on academic research
Graduate Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON30 May 2017
With GA experience at University of Windsor, I found that I like to teach others what I know. That probably the reason why I chose college instructor as my first job after graduate. When you can share what you know to others, you can feel so satisfy and you need to be serious and make sure you do not make mistake. I became more serious to my own research after GA experience.
Interesting place
Associate/Assistant/Full Professor (Current Employee) –  Windsor, ON22 May 2017
The place can be good if you are self-made person. If you are person who can knock doors and get things done, then it is a good place to be. Otherwise you could be frustrated.