University of Windsor

University of Windsor Canada Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Productive and friendly workplace
Research Assistant and teaching assistant (Former Employee), Windsor, ONApril 8, 2015
Doing experiments with wind tunnels, doing projects for ASHRAE company, etc gave me the opportunity to be creative and propose new projects and do more and more research.

The work environment was so friendly and encouraged me to walk in the road of success.
Excellent education
Student (Current Employee), Windsor, ONMarch 25, 2015
Pros: excellent staff
Cons: no cons
This a excellent university for pursuing any kind of studies. It boost up the skills of students in their field of interest and build their future brighter and successful.
Great place to gain experience
Club Sports Coordinator (Former Employee), Windsor, ONFebruary 20, 2015
Pros: the people
Able to work in many different facets on many different events which the university holds. Management is great always willing to mentor students into young professionals.
gooda
Volunteer of Go Green (Former Employee), Windsor, ONFebruary 11, 2015
Organized Trail ON! Campaign activity to support Essex Region Conservation Authority (ERCA)
 Held Bake Sale to collect donations for environmental improvement
Productive and fun place
Post-Doctorate Researcher (Current Employee), Windsor, ONFebruary 2, 2015
UofW is more than a job place to me. It is my home. I have been studying (my master and Ph.D.) then working.

Located in a calm city which is a border city to Detroit, MI.
Relaxed and stress free workplace
Standardized Patient (Current Employee), Windsor, ONJanuary 30, 2015
Pros: laid back and enjoyable
Cons: on call
I find this an enjhoyable place to be e,[loyed in. Acting is a hobby for me so having the opportunity to play roles of various characters with different backgrounds, family situations and health concerns. The roles change so you don't get bored. The management is friendly and students are respectful and courteous.
good learning experience
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee), Windsor, ONJanuary 8, 2015
Pros: learned a lot
I was a TA in university. I practiced what i learn to this work by answering questions from students. also, my personal skills are enhenced by working around professors and students.
Great place to learn and get experience
Lab Assistant (Former Employee), Windsor, ONDecember 27, 2014
Pros: good environment
It helped me understand how it was to work in a lab. It gave me experience to use what i've learned in the real lab to what I am doing in school. The workers were extremely nice and explained everything thoroughly
excellent studying and working enviroment
Tax Return Volunteer (Former Employee), Windsor, ONNovember 14, 2014
communicated with different people
Enhanced my tax skills
Balanced workload with a satisfactory pay
Finance Teaching Assistant (Former Employee), Windsor, ONNovember 6, 2014
Pros: high slalary
Cons: random work schedules
Must learn to work in a work atmosphere with little or no supervision at all. The high salary complement the growing work load through out the tenure.
Relaxed environment of helping others
CS Tutor (Current Employee), Windsor, ONOctober 13, 2014
Pros: no quotas
• Helped solve scholastic issues for students of all levels
• Would successfully tutor several people simultaneously
good expenrience
Graduate Assistant (Former Employee), Windsor, ONOctober 8, 2014
This made me learn a lot when helping the students. Not only understanding the knowledge, but also how to help the students learn.
A grind in a relaxed atmosphere
Research Assistant (Former Employee), Windsor, ONOctober 5, 2014
Work starts between 7am and 9am and ends usually around 4pm to 5pm.

Great professors and intelligent guidance to problem solving.

Very decent co-op opportunities.

Great benefits under top profs.

Friendly Co-workers.

Fast paced and keeps you on your toes.

Overall, great fun place to work.
university of windsor review
senior engineering project (Former Employee), windsor ontarioSeptember 26, 2014
they work hard to provide their students with the essential skills needed to lead a professional life.
A place to learn
Executive- Marketing and Promotions (Former Employee), Windsor, ONAugust 29, 2014
While working at University of Windsor, I learned a lot of things such as time management and learning about various International cultures. The office of International students helps many International students to settle at University of Windsor and my job was to help the staff working at International Students office at UoW. The staff is very friendly, hard working and motivating.
I miss being at University of Windsor and would definitely recommend every student to be part of it.
Great friendly work environment
Videographer (Former Employee), Windsor, ONAugust 14, 2014
Pros: liberty to use my creative knowledge
Cons: experiencing technical issues at the worst times
I will receive two to three footage of University ball players a week with the expectations of compiling 1 to 2 mins of video highlight for each footage.
I learned immensely about time management and staying on top of my work at a timely matter. I was also expected to be responsible with having footage returned on time, despite if i ran into technical issues, I learned to resolve my problems without effecting my work requirements.
Working with my boss, he gave me much room to be creative with my work and also add inputs on creative aspects that can help assist the image of the University Basketball team
The hardest part of the job was staying on top of the video footage given to me weekly.
The most enjoyable part of my job was the challenge of completing each video, the liberty of using my creative knowledge and the enjoyment of doing something I love.
Good experience
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee), Windsor, ONJuly 26, 2014
Grading exams, midterms, projects, presentations (if any). Answering the student's questions was also an important part of the job.
tutored high school students
Tutor (Current Employee), Windsor, ONJuly 18, 2014
tutoring included teaching the high school students subjects such as Physics, mathematics and Chemistry usually during weekend or the evening time.
Good Experience
Faculty of Nursing (Former Employee), Windsor, ONJuly 9, 2014
Good working conditions, salary and benefits. The professors and very professional, kind and knowledgeable..
Camp Facilitator and Office Assistant (Former Employee), Windsor, ONJuly 3, 2014
Flexible hours and good staff. Perfect for full time students

1 2 3 4