University of Western Ontario Employee Reviews

fun
SOUS CHEF (Former Employee) –  London, ON10 March 2016
It was fun but it was a long time ago that I worked for the University of Western Ontario and I would suggest people to apply and work for a great group of individulas
Pros
Free Meals
Cons
Worked on Weekends
Great Place to Work
Manager (Former Employee) –  London, ON23 March 2016
Excellent People, very good work environment. Good pay and benefits package and seasonal work if wanted.
Staff are excellent and love what they do
Wonderful experience
Choir Assistant/Section Leader (Former Employee) –  London, ON30 September 2015
Western University was very kind in providing work-study for students who need more wage on top of their part-time jobs to make an living for themselves. I was very grateful that the Don Wright Faculty of Music employs Music Vocal Professors to conduct music services for churches within the London Community. Rehearsal was every Thursday night and Sunday morning before mass, which was a commitment I kept and enjoyed attending. I loved that I could use my talents for the benefit of the community. Providing musical services over the past three years made me feel of purpose and for that I am very honoured and privileged.
you can learn when you work
Lab Manager (Former Employee) –  London, ON22 March 2016
I graduated from UWO and after my graduation I had worked there until 2010. I felt it was a good experience of life and work.
Supportive study environment for students
Researcher, Educator (Current Employee) –  London, ON4 February 2016
Overall a supportive study environment for students with good resources in the libraries and student support centre.
Best workplace
Coordinator (Former Employee) –  London, ON20 February 2016
This is very dynamic and fun place to work at. Good pay and good communications. Decently manageable with some flexibility.
It was a wonderful place and environment of work.
Teaching and Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  London, ON19 December 2015
The work was promising with a good margin of profit till the revolution there began. After that I forced to leave and the plant was closed.
Excellent research facilities and faculty
Ph.D. Candidate (Former Employee) –  London, ON4 June 2015
Carried out exciting cancer-related cell cycle studies. Learned a great deal about protein biochemistry, in vitro assays, presentation skills. My peers were great to work with. Faculty and staff are always willing to help. Hardest part of my job was when experiments don't work. Most enjoyable part is when I obtained an interesting result.
Great Environment to work and build a career
Manager (Former Employee) –  London, ON19 November 2015
I enjoyed my time working here. The workload can be high, but the team around you is very supportive and makes that less of an issue. Lots of chances for advancement.
Productive and Fun Workplace
Research Assistant/Teaching Assistant (Current Employee) –  London, ON4 July 2014
Western is a wonderful school, the campus is beautiful no matter the season and even though it's a big campus, it doesn't always feel that way. The campus is super well maintained and there are many precautions taken for the safety of students.
I have a great team who are always willing to help. My project focuses on the study of plant and spider mite genomics to develop strategies to reduce spider mite damage and increase crop yield.
University of Western Ontario
Illustrations Editor Gazette (Current Employee) –  London, Ontario.30 March 2014
It may sound naive or silly,
But it truly is the best working place there is.

We are laid back, but we are serious about the quality of our work. We take the time to relax when we need to and take care of eachothers workload when someone is sick or isn't feeling up to the challenge. We are all seriously motivated individuals who care about our work and our quality of work.
Pros
Creative Atmosphere, Friendly environment, motivated to relax and work hard.
School that has alot of benifits
Orientation Representative (Former Employee) –  Lonon28 January 2013
A regular day for me would consist of having 4 to 6 hours of class. After class I would have 4 and a half hours of football practice for the big game. Once football practice was over I'd hit the books for another 2 hours.
I loved the fact that I had to be independent and figure out how to organize my time effectively so that I would get the best possible results.
I also loved being around my coaches and team mates because they always motivated me to do my best.
I'd say the hardest part of being at university is waking up for the early classes (which I did).
Pros
varcity football athelete
Cons
none i loved my stay at university of western ontario
work as copywriter, copy editor, and as private tutor
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Faculty of History, University of Western Ontario11 March 2013
As a long-time copywriter and editor, I spend a large portion of each day crafting marketing campaigns and slogans that can be used by local businesses. More than that, I do contribute to some online websites and much of my time is spent assisting high-needs students at the high school and college levels. The hardest part of my work is the careful attention to detail which must always accompany any new marketing campaign; the easiest part is surely the time and opportunity to interact with young students who just want something better for themselves and are searching for answers for their scholastic issues.
Pros
working with others to help them achieve success
Cons
University of Western Ontario is a good place for starters.
Research Assistant / Teacher Assistant (Current Employee) –  London, Ont15 May 2012
University of Western Ontario, in a big university with a good reputation in bushiness, Astronomy, and Medical researches.
I have been there since 2011, and I am studying Astronomy as a master student.
Being Teacher Assistant and Research Assistant, I found a way to earn money, and found a valuable time to experience working in a real life.
After these years now I can say that I have these skills:

Easily supervise 35_45 students
With no problem work with lab instruments and set them up
Have a good skill to solve problems
Good at time management
Work under pressure
Have strong analytical thinking
Work with large Data
Programming skills like Python
Pros
enough money to survive, nice enviroment
Cons
being in small city like london
A good way to put knowledge into practice and improve communication skills.
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  London, ON19 November 2013
I have done a project for two hospitals in Canada with my supervisor's help. Many statistics methods and theory learned in class were used in this project. At the end, I went to the hospitals and gave a presentation about our findings and optimization strategies. It's really a meaningful experience for me.
UWO
Weight Room Supervisor (Former Employee) –  london17 January 2013
Acquired employment through work placement at university. Job security was need based. Minimum wage, flexible hours.
Placement with Varsity Football team was an enjoyable and rewarding experience. Learned physical training skills and techniques to get the most production from athletes at the highest level of amateur sport.
Pros
flexibility
Cons
minimum wage
Excellent university
Ph.D. (Former Employee) –  London, ON7 August 2015
Fantastic educational institution. Faculty always have an 'open door' policy. Relaxed and informal research environment with a very good amount of resources, facilities and equipment.
Pros
Great place to learn
Cons
student stipend is low
Nice and Productive environment
Teacher Assistant (Current Employee) –  London, ON31 March 2015
It was a good experience for me to develop some of my abilities, such as teaching, leadership, researching. and I learn a lot about Canadian culture, working environment, and also people. Now I believe I can have a better understanding of my own way through the life here.
Amazing school with wide range of extra curricular activities
Orientation Soph (Former Employee) –  London, ON5 June 2015
The University of Western Ontario in London, ON is an incredible school. Through this university I was given the opportunity to participate in the OHM Fashion Show, join a sorority and become a soph leader.
A great working environment requiring you to be on your A game every day.
Administrative and Support Services (Former Employee) –  London, On30 April 2014
A typical day at work required answering multiple calls regarding various things. One of the key things I've learned is knowing the information, and talking to a customer with any sort of confidence will help you in the interaction significantly. My co-workers were one of the best co-workers I have personally ever had a chance to work with. Always bringing their best foot forward and prepared to help their co-workers or fellow customer with utmost respect. The hardest part of the job was asking for help because I feared being looked down upon; however after seeing everyone interact casually eased things a lot. The most enjoyable part of the job was learning new ways to deal with customers of different tolerance level and being able to work with the school network in order to help the students.

4.4